2013 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (85-77) OFFSEASON

So we have to replace 60HR's 200 RBIs... :lol:

a healthy Ellsbury and McCann gets us 45-50 hrs, 170 RBI...but a lot more SBs

Yeah but we needed that production ON TOP of Cano & Granderson's normal production.

Right now our offense is exactly what it was last season, and that's best case scenario.

If we can replace Cano with Phillips, and then go out and get a star for RF.. Then I can be more optimistic.

Then we'd still have to revamp a lot of our pitching.

There's no justification for the Yankees giving him 10 years. Especially where we are now with our big contracts.

How fast people forget that 10 year 250+ are the stupidest contracts you can give any player. They NEVER work out it surprises me that Yankees fans out of all fans aren't okay with letting him go especially considering we're still on the books for that absurd contract extension we have A-Rod a few years ago. Cano is not worth 10 years or 250 million. Not even upset he's gone at that price.

Last edited:
I'm not mad at the Yankees at all for letting Cano walk at that price. While that is a lot of money, It just rubs me the wrong way for a player to leave his homegrown team in a big market for a far less superior team.

Cause he doesn't give two ***** about winning. Quite sure the Yankees max offer was around 8-195 with performance incentives or a team option to get him up to 220

Seriously guys, this is great news. I've always felt Cano could easily dominate but never gave the effort. Let's see if I'm wrong,but I have a feeling he's not going to play up to that contract. In 5 years he'll be out of Seattle.

Cano only has about 4 years max of good to great ball left in him. I'm not even stressing too much about it.

This gives us more room for Tanaka and other pieces.

As a Yankee fan, you cant be upset. You could not go 10yrs, out of the question. Kudos to the Yanks.

Robbie is a great player and he was my favorite as Jeter is on his way out. His contract doesnt make baseball sense.

Gonna miss Robbie.
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
@ all the salt in here.

onewearz gonna set off his Life Alert if he keeps this up.

Our best player just went from being a homegrown favorite to an ex-Red Sox. 
sick.gif
laugh.gif

I think they end up pursuing Infante.

Back
Top Bottom