2013 New York Mets Season Thread

Thanks. Just watched it. That was bizarre to say the least. He's apparently did a presser on SNY recently. Need to check that out too.

awkward interview :lol:

as for him opting for rehab... just like every other mets fan, im hoping for the best. if he can rehab & come back next season at 100% with no setbacks, then that's the most ideal way to go. surgery would be disheartening seeing him miss all of next year, but it would be tough to see him rehab only to get hurt later on again as well. whatever option he goes with, hopefully he just comes back healthy.

After the Cardinals lose to Boston in the World Series, I think the Mets should try signing Beltran. He obviously can still produce on the field on both offense and defense.

Mets need to score runs and David Wright isnt doing a damn thing (yet again).

Its a shame how such a nice ball park has a terrible team playing in it.

Seeing teams signing players to contracts and us Mets fans getting nothing but a bad team and our best pitcher being out for the 2014 season is always a bummer.. Hoping we can at least sign a decent player 

Seeing teams signing players to contracts and us Mets fans getting nothing but a bad team and our best pitcher being out for the 2014 season is always a bummer.. Hoping we can at least sign a decent player 

The orange and blue teams are not looking too good. Young is one of their "decent" signing for 7.5 Mil. Hopefully he outplays his contract and the Mets pick up other players.

still one of the craziest moments in a Game 7 ever.

Too bad the offense couldn't hit Weaver and Suppan of all people. :rolleyes

Mets sign Granderson to a four year $60 million dollars deal. I hope Sandy doesn't regret the fourth year.

Last edited:
that 4th year is stupid. i would've been ok with 2 years, but 4 smh. we're not going anywhere this season anyway, we don't need to just spend money (for 4 years) on an aging player that strikes out a lot.

Mets sign Granderson to a four year $60 million dollars deal. I hope Sandy doesn't regret the four year.

Unfortunately risks have to be taken and I wouldn't be surprised if that 4th year is trouble but what are the alternatives? We needed someone with power and in a trade for a bat we'd have to give up one of our arms that it seems like they're trying to build around.

I'm really excited to see what Syndergaard, Montero plus a healthy Mejia, Familia can do.

Unfortunately risks have to be taken and I wouldn't be surprised if that 4th year is trouble but what are the alternatives? We needed someone with power and in a trade for a bat we'd have to give up one of our arms that it seems like they're trying to build around.

I'm really excited to see what Syndergaard, Montero plus a healthy Mejia, Familia can do.

You're right. I read online it was the Wilpons pushing to get it done now, while Sandy didn't want to give him a fourth year. I can't wait for the pitchers to get promoted.

If the alternative is them sitting on their money once again and not making any moves, I'll take this contract any day. ****, it's not my money. :lol:

Wilpon is like Dolan. They meddle too much. :smh:

Welcome to Flushing, Curtis Granderson. Please don't strike out more than 150 times in a season. Wright, Ike and Granderson. :x

Hope the Mets don't think this is all they have to do this off season.

Too true. I don't think it's the best deal but with how our outfield has been offensively, Granderson is still an upgrade. Maybe in the 4th year of his contract he can help bring along a younger OFer too, by all accounts he's a good dude and teammate.

I don't want them to just throw around money and get caught up with bad contracts especially with all of them that we've gotten out of in the last couple years but it helps to actually see them make a move rather than just sitting back and hoping everyone on the roster has their best possible season and we hit on some Byrd-like reclamation projects.

We still have big holes to fill, uncertainty at 1st, 2nd & SS...a few guys that could do okay at 1st or 2nd but who knows. It would be great if Ike or Duda was the answer at 1st. I know it's not the only reason why but I wonder how things would've played out for Ike if that collision with Wright never happens. :\ Not like we would've been a playoff team but if Ike was performing like he had shown he was capable of, the lineup has a much different dynamic. We've struggled at Catcher forever (aside from Buck's monster first 6 weeks :lol: ).

I hope we can at least work towards contending in 2015 with Harvey back.

Last edited:
i like the signing, but im not a fan of how long the contract is.

our offense is known for its struggles, so this signing will help in regards to that... granderson will bring in some much needed power. hopefully he can stay healthy & limit the strikeout's.

^

Curtis Granderson indeed looks fit perfectly in Mets uniform. I started loving this signing after I found out that the Mets didn't add "no-trade clause" in the deal. :pimp:

We need to get rid of Ike even though Ike changed his batting stance for better. I don't trust his strikeout rate.

Back
Top Bottom