2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Aren't they recruiting him As a safety?

At 6-foot-4, Westry looks like he'd be best suited at either safety or linebacker. But Auburn cornerbacks coach Melvin Smith sees him as a cornerback at the next level all the way. Smith told Westry that he prefers coaching bigger defensive backs -- he mentioned former Jim Thorpe Award winner and Mississippi State star Johnathan Banks as an example -- and that the three-star cornerback would fit in well. It doesn't hurt that Westry reportedly ran a 4.43 40-yard dash at Auburn's camp on Sunday. 

"Coach Smith said he coached a lot of big corners," Westry says. "He said the game is changing and you can't use a 5-foot-9 cornerback to cover these big receivers."
Nah as a CB.  UF offered him as a CB too after he camped there. 

Last time Kiffin faced the Ducks their defense gave up 62 points. :nerd:

iEyLWvpqG41aG_medium.gif

iboWoseaWgDIKa.gif

Someone asked Jimbo about expanding to 8 teams for the playoffs...

Fisher: Do I think inevitably it will? Yeah I do. But really, are you not in eight now? Because you got a conference championship, you're in more than that right now. You got a playoff game there. And by the way, I think every conference should have to have one. We got a championship where not everyone plays the same number of games and does the same things. I think it's ridiculous.

Art Briles felt the need to respond... "I'm not telling him how to wash his clothes. We know what detergent to buy and how to use it. He needs to worry about the ACC… Don’t come to Texas telling me how to do my business.”

... :lol: I love Briles. I really like Bob Stoops. But why are these dudes always so defensive?

Screen+Shot+2014-07-24+at+12.52.38+PM.png

ND now has field turf, a midfield logo and shamrocks at 35 yd lines

BtUfGg8CEAAQTNx.jpg

UCLA back to their classic number font

Last edited:
Any truth to the rumor that Auburn G Alex Kozan is out for the season?  

Pretty big loss if true.  I wish that kid was at Michigan 
mean.gif

laugh.gif

I meant to post this video and for whatever reason the link didnt copy to my clip board

I'm as confused as you.

:lol:

I meant to post this video and for whatever reason the link didnt copy to my clip board

I'm as confused as you.

That wasn't Kiffin tho. That was just our sh***y kicker doin' his thing. This was Kiffin's gameplan: Barkley to Lee. Rinse. Repeat. Just admit it, man bruh. Kiffin totally sucked as SC's HC :lol:

I know you can't be saying that Kiffin is/was a better coach than Chip :lol:

Been working in College Station the past few weeks and finally drove by Kyle Field. The new stadium is gonna look so damn good once it's finished. Love the brick.

This screen is ridiculous in person.

Mack Brown got a job as a CFB analyst for ESPN.  He's going to be on ABC's  College Football Countdown with Kanell and Saunders.

@BruceFeldmanCFB

#USC DL Leonard Williams told me he played last yr at 65% (torn labrum),is at 95% now & up to 305 lbs from 290. Also JUST turned 20. #1stRd

yup, dude was playing hurt for a lot of games, he was questionable damn near ever week bc of that shoulder.

can't wait to see him in action healthy :smokin

Back
Top Bottom