2013 Black/Gold Jordan 1 OG

Status
Not open for further replies.
View media item 365832
My Fiance came through with two pairs oh I love her for this epic pick up 
I realllllllly reallllllly wanted these from the time I saw first pic's and she

was my one and only opportunity 
considering she is currently in NY for work!!

I owe her big time for this oh and she definitely makes that known lol  
I think you owe her a meal....if you know what I mean. :tongue:

Last edited:
laugh.gif

crap. size 13 for a decent price eludes me.

i'd prolly traded DS banned's for these...

gonna wait it out tho, and see if any sort of restock or overseas release happens...

I'm surprised these didn't even release overseas. Thought they would have a chance at a QS release also.

I'm surprised these didn't even release overseas. Thought they would have a chance at a QS release also.
They only put out these shoes to promote that JB Classic game at Barclays Center. I really think they only made between 500 to 1000 pairs total after looking at the breakdown of stores that carried these a couple pages back. Which would only equal 50 to 100 full size runs
eek.gif

^^^ did she become your fiancé after sending them to you? :lol: how the hell did you get them so fast. Probably got the only (2) 12s the store had.

Here's the breakdown again. And for the poster above, extra butter did a raffle. 180 people signed up for very few pairs. ******

Stores that officially released them. All raffle except NBA Store fcfs.

New York:
1) Nike NYC

2) Footaction 34th Street (less than 24 pairs)

3) Footlocker 34th Street
4) FTL/ HOH 34th Street (30 pairs rumored)
5) Footlocker Fulton Brooklyn
6) FTL/HOH 125th Street

7) Extra Butter (less than 10 pairs)

8)NBA Store (13 pairs)

Miami:
9) Footlocker

Chicago:
10) House of Hoops

--------------
Rumored but not released:
Villa's GS sizes (no word on any GS sizes anywhere).

----------------
Pre-order: City Sole only one to honor it.

-----------------
Official Online: 0 pairs released.
West of Chi: 0 pairs sold.

-----------------
2 celebrities wearing them (I believe)
JB Classic Players got a pair each it appeared.

----------------

10 stores. Extremely limited pairs in each. Handful of small sketchy stores with pairs for over retail.

crap. size 13 for a decent price eludes me.

i'd prolly traded DS banned's for these...

gonna wait it out tho, and see if any sort of restock or overseas release happens...

damn... they reach the price level of banneds already? i was hoping to trade my DS one's for maybe 2 pairs of these! but a one is to one... :x

Lol @ marks desperation to convince himself they're crazy limited.
Resell now before you end up stuck with black patent shoes!

who has put in a lot of wear in their pairs so far?? how's the creasing? really thinking of getting shoe trees for these if i score a pair

And also Alp and GrapeApe, I think Nike is clamping down on shady business practices. After seeing this article I find it hard to believe Nike's reason for ending their accounts with these local mom and pop shops they've had accounts with for 20+ years. I'm sure there was something going on. If I were a manager I'd be afraid of losing my job over something like this.

Nike Cut's Ties With Several Local Stores

Nike is giving the boot to several small, local retailers. Without explanation.

CBS3 first reported Friday afternoon that the athletic wear company told select area stores that as of June 30, their accounts are being cut off. The reason why remains unclear.

Business owners throughout the Philadelphia and Camden regions have received emails from the sporting apparel and footwear company saying that the retailer is "exercising its right to terminate your accounts." It's unknown whether Nike is taking the same approach with stores in other cities.

Keith Sherman, store manager of the three Real McCoy Athletic Footwear locations throughout the region (in Olney, on Cecil B. Moore Avenue and in Camden), says Nike products account for 75 to 80 percent of his store's sales. "Those numbers are staggering," he said over the phone Friday.

Even more mysterious is the manner in which Nike is handling the situation.

"We had scheduled a meeting at the Nike Headquarters in Portland, Oregon with our sales rep," Sherman said. "And that meeting was canceled that day — they wouldn't even see us," he added. The account termination email arrived in store owner William Chung's inbox shortly after the canceled meeting in Portland. The notice listed "no reasons whatsoever" as to why Nike was severing ties with the shop. Sherman says Real McCoy Athletic Footwear has been doing "good business" with Nike for over 23 years.

Currently, small "mom-and-pop" shops like Top Shoes, Center City Sports and Shoe Plus are among the only known stores affected.

Nike said in a statement released to CBS3:

“Nike is constantly evaluating its distribution needs with a view to enhancing its brand. This includes adapting our distribution strategy to the changes in our consumers’ purchasing behavior, the retail landscape, and our brand strategy.”

Nike did not return our request for comment on Friday. More to come.

Ester Lee. April 12, 2013.

http://mobile.philly.com/blogs/?wss=/philly/blogs/style/&id=202741191&viewAll=y#more

I bet there's something else going on. They probably don't even release all the heat they get. Probably go straight to eBay or friends and family.

who has put in a lot of wear in their pairs so far?? how's the creasing? really thinking of getting shoe trees for these if i score a pair
Get sneakershields anyway. They're good to have. Use them in my 1's and they definitely help.

And also Alp and GrapeApe, I think Nike is clamping down on shady business practices. After seeing this article I find it hard to believe Nike's reason for ending their accounts with these local mom and pop shops they've had accounts with for 20+ years. I'm sure there was something going on. If I were a manager I'd be afraid of losing my job over something like this.

Nike Cut's Ties With Several Local Stores

Nike is giving the boot to several small, local retailers. Without explanation.

CBS3 first reported Friday afternoon that the athletic wear company told select area stores that as of June 30, their accounts are being cut off. The reason why remains unclear.

Business owners throughout the Philadelphia and Camden regions have received emails from the sporting apparel and footwear company saying that the retailer is "exercising its right to terminate your accounts." It's unknown whether Nike is taking the same approach with stores in other cities.

Keith Sherman, store manager of the three Real McCoy Athletic Footwear locations throughout the region (in Olney, on Cecil B. Moore Avenue and in Camden), says Nike products account for 75 to 80 percent of his store's sales. "Those numbers are staggering," he said over the phone Friday.

Even more mysterious is the manner in which Nike is handling the situation.

"We had scheduled a meeting at the Nike Headquarters in Portland, Oregon with our sales rep," Sherman said. "And that meeting was canceled that day — they wouldn't even see us," he added. The account termination email arrived in store owner William Chung's inbox shortly after the canceled meeting in Portland. The notice listed "no reasons whatsoever" as to why Nike was severing ties with the shop. Sherman says Real McCoy Athletic Footwear has been doing "good business" with Nike for over 23 years.

Currently, small "mom-and-pop" shops like Top Shoes, Center City Sports and Shoe Plus are among the only known stores affected.

Nike said in a statement released to CBS3:

“Nike is constantly evaluating its distribution needs with a view to enhancing its brand. This includes adapting our distribution strategy to the changes in our consumers’ purchasing behavior, the retail landscape, and our brand strategy.”

Nike did not return our request for comment on Friday. More to come.

Ester Lee. April 12, 2013.

http://mobile.philly.com/blogs/?wss=/philly/blogs/style/&id=202741191&viewAll=y#more

I bet there's something else going on. They probably don't even release all the heat they get. Probably go straight to eBay or friends and family.
they need cut there distrubution to ny mom and pop shops stores. there prices are ridiclous. every shoe is above 300

Hope locobans and everyone that really wants a pair gets them! Haven't seen a size 8 for sale anywhere. Anyone know if they were produced in sizes smaller than 8.5? I know of no GS sizes either but that's not abnormal.

Last edited:
Here's the breakdown again. And for the poster above, extra butter did a raffle. 180 people signed up for very few pairs. ******

Stores that officially released them. All raffle except NBA Store fcfs.

New York:
1) Nike NYC

2) Footaction 34th Street (less than 24 pairs)

3) Footlocker 34th Street
4) FTL/ HOH 34th Street (30 pairs rumored)
5) Footlocker Fulton Brooklyn
6) FTL/HOH 125th Street

7) Extra Butter (less than 10 pairs)

8)NBA Store (13 pairs)

Miami:
9) Footlocker

Chicago:
10) House of Hoops

--------------
Rumored but not released:
Villa's GS sizes (no word on any GS sizes anywhere).

----------------
Pre-order: City Sole only one to honor it.

-----------------
Official Online: 0 pairs released.
West of Chi: 0 pairs sold.

-----------------
2 celebrities wearing them (I believe)
JB Classic Players got a pair each it appeared.

----------------

10 stores. Extremely limited pairs in each. Handful of small sketchy stores with pairs for over retail.

QS really was a wrong label for these. Theyre more like a Hyperstrike release. With each store only getting a FSR, some with possibly two, very few had a chance to get these. I dont even know why JB released official pics if the supply was going to be that low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom