2013 Academy Awards -- Picture: ARGO, Director: ANG LEE, Actress: JENNIFER LAWRENCE, Actor: Who else

What's gonna win Best Picture?

• Amour

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Argo

• Beasts of the Southern Wild

• Django Unchained

• Les Misérables

• Life of Pi

• Lincoln

• Silver Linings Playbook

• Zero Dark Thirty

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No Leo OR Waltz?... c'mon son
indifferent.gif
mean.gif

Anyways I haven't seen Beasts, Amour or ZD30, but Argo is my favorite of the bunch that I've seen.

Life of Pi wasn't really that good at all.

The only award show that I actually look forward to. I haven't seen Lincoln, but from what I've been hearing it'll probably win best picture.

Last edited:
Waltz was dope...still think his character in Ing. Bastards was better though.

im the only vote for les miserables?

it says "whos gonna win" not who you want lmao

i guess i did it wrong
I'm holding off my prediction until I see Zero Dark Thirty, but I don't think Les Mis will get it. Not getting the director nomination is already a bad sign,  and I think it's between Lincoln, ZDT, and Silver Linings Playbook.

I obviously know Leo's history with never winning an Oscar, but I do not understand how he is not nominated for Supporting Actor for Django. Makes no sense to me, at all. :smh:

Since the poll reads "Who's gonna" and not "Who do you want to" win, I voted Lincoln. DDL should easily win Best Actor. The film itself, while I don't know when I will watch it again (probably at least for a long while), was a well acted history lesson. I did enjoy it very much, however, I would rather see Django win.

-Waltz in Inglorious > Django, but he was still solid in Django. I don't see him winning Supporting, I've heard Hoffman should take it.

Last edited:
I'm holding off my prediction until I see Zero Dark Thirty, but I don't think Les Mis will get it. Not getting the director nomination is already a bad sign,  and I think it's between Lincoln, ZDT, and Silver Linings Playbook.
zero dark thirty doesnt hold up to hurt locker in my opinion , very good flick though

lincoln could definitely take it though

Last edited:
Zero Dark Thirty lost out on the best picture race when Kathryn Bigelow didn't get nominated, there's also too much controversy surrounding it for it to get the votes. It'll be between Lincoln and Silver Linings Playbook now and I don't think SLP will be much competition for Lincoln.

Flight was OK, Lincoln seems like a chore to watch. Argo and Django are easily the best I've seen of 2012. Ben Affleck deserved an oscar for argo.

Snubs:
Picture: Flight, The Master, Moonrise Kingdom
Director: Bigelow, Affleck
Screenplay:tongue:TA
Lead Actor: John Hawkes
Lead Actress: Mary Elizabeth Winstead

I think supporting actors are spot on. Waltz was better than Leo, So was PSH and TLJ. Deniro and Arkin are close with Leo, but since Waltz already is in this category for same movie, than why not.

I thought it could have went for best picture myself. I was telling my girl(at time)... watch this go for best picture. Winter bone wasn't that good of movie to me back in 2011 but it got a nob for best picture

Back
Top Bottom