2012 Toyota GT-86 / SCION FRS/ BRZ - FRS $24,930 MSRP

Early Subaru BRZ sales running at 4x projections in Japan

The Subaru BRZ is off to an impressive sales start in Japan. According to Subaru, the two-door is besting the automaker's sales projections by wide margins. As of right now, Subaru has sold 3,551 of the coupes, which is around four times the company's estimates. Fuji Heavy Industries put out a very conservative number of 450 units per month as a sales goal for the BRZ before the vehicle hit the market.

Perhaps more interesting is the fact that a whopping 60 percent of buyers are under 40 years old, and two-thirds of all BRZ owners are opting for the six-speed manual gearbox. Those numbers are particularly impressive given the reports indicating a declining interest in cars and driving in Japan's youth. According to the company, over a quarter of buyers are under 30.

BRZ sales kick off in the U.S. on April 20, and we wouldn't be surprised to see similar demand levels in our neck of the woods, at least initially. We certainly want one.

Early Subaru BRZ sales running at 4x projections in Japan

The Subaru BRZ is off to an impressive sales start in Japan. According to Subaru, the two-door is besting the automaker's sales projections by wide margins. As of right now, Subaru has sold 3,551 of the coupes, which is around four times the company's estimates. Fuji Heavy Industries put out a very conservative number of 450 units per month as a sales goal for the BRZ before the vehicle hit the market.

Perhaps more interesting is the fact that a whopping 60 percent of buyers are under 40 years old, and two-thirds of all BRZ owners are opting for the six-speed manual gearbox. Those numbers are particularly impressive given the reports indicating a declining interest in cars and driving in Japan's youth. According to the company, over a quarter of buyers are under 30.

BRZ sales kick off in the U.S. on April 20, and we wouldn't be surprised to see similar demand levels in our neck of the woods, at least initially. We certainly want one.

Originally Posted by PR0LiFiKz

Need this in my life! I'm pretty sure the N/A version would suffice in any auto-x situation. That's what will make the car fun. Some dudes OD'ing with wanting it faster with turbo. It goes beyond that. Look at this car as a the hardtop equivalent of the Mazda Miata. A bit larger, a bit more horsepower, but with similar maneuverability.

I too like some others would cop the Scion version and rebadge it as a Toyota.
laugh.gif
I'm a Toyota fanboy, but I wish to see the Scion brand go away now.
Like i said in a post last page I know exactly what the spirit of this car is. It's supposed to be a car with pretty much only handling in mind and than speed second. A 2012 V6 Mustang pulled the same skidpad and slalom numbers as this car and even got a better 60-0 stopping distance. Mustang is 800 pounds heavier and in general is a much bigger car compared to the BR-Z/FR-S. If i'm gonna get the same skidpad numbers out of a Mustang, the V6 model mind you, and on top of that beat it to 60 mph two seconds faster what exactly is the incentive in buying this car? Granted looks come into play as well but that's all subjective. It's a nice car but thats pretty much the only pro in my eyes. I happen to like performance and their are several other cars in this price bracket that i would look at before i would consider buying one. 

Need this in my life! I'm pretty sure the N/A version would suffice in any auto-x situation. That's what will make the car fun. Some dudes OD'ing with wanting it faster with turbo. It goes beyond that. Look at this car as a the hardtop equivalent of the Mazda Miata. A bit larger, a bit more horsepower, but with similar maneuverability.

laugh.gif
Like i said in a post last page I know exactly what the spirit of this car is. It's supposed to be a car with pretty much only handling in mind and than speed second. A 2012 V6 Mustang pulled the same skidpad and slalom numbers as this car and even got a better 60-0 stopping distance. Mustang is 800 pounds heavier and in general is a much bigger car compared to the BR-Z/FR-S. If i'm gonna get the same skidpad numbers out of a Mustang, the V6 model mind you, and on top of that beat it to 60 mph two seconds faster what exactly is the incentive in buying this car? Granted looks come into play as well but that's all subjective. It's a nice car but thats pretty much the only pro in my eyes. I happen to like performance and their are several other cars in this price bracket that i would look at before i would consider buying one. 

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

laugh.gif
I say the incentive would be steering/drive feel. Numbers can be similar or worst for the Toyobaru but does it handle as well, feel as composed, turns as surgical? I haven't driven the Toyobaru but I have driven the Cayman (driven the S & R as well) and that is exactly how I feel about the Porsche and the Toyobaru being described and compared to it says a lot. This is something you won't know until you've driven the car and it is something you may never realize to it's full potential unless you drive the car in a track. Again, does it handle as well, feel as composed, turns as surgical? These are characteristics that makes it fun and able to push the car further and something the Mustang simply doesn't have. Keep in mind how low thing thing is to the ground too.
 I really want to test out this car and see how those narrow, economical tires work with this car since "they" said it is suppose to add to the feeling of a road car being pushed to it's limits. In the end though, if this car drives like the Cayman, then it is a good value but could still need more power/speed if the 7.3sec stands (no argument there). If it handles and drives like the Miata, then you're pretty much, paying for a much, much better looking coupe (Miata hardtop convertible is just ugly). 

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

laugh.gif
I say the incentive would be steering/drive feel. Numbers can be similar or worst for the Toyobaru but does it handle as well, feel as composed, turns as surgical? I haven't driven the Toyobaru but I have driven the Cayman (driven the S & R as well) and that is exactly how I feel about the Porsche and the Toyobaru being described and compared to it says a lot. This is something you won't know until you've driven the car and it is something you may never realize to it's full potential unless you drive the car in a track. Again, does it handle as well, feel as composed, turns as surgical? These are characteristics that makes it fun and able to push the car further and something the Mustang simply doesn't have. Keep in mind how low thing thing is to the ground too.
 I really want to test out this car and see how those narrow, economical tires work with this car since "they" said it is suppose to add to the feeling of a road car being pushed to it's limits. In the end though, if this car drives like the Cayman, then it is a good value but could still need more power/speed if the 7.3sec stands (no argument there). If it handles and drives like the Miata, then you're pretty much, paying for a much, much better looking coupe (Miata hardtop convertible is just ugly). 

so i can get this at the enda the year like I did my TC for like 18k?

hmmm I was really planning on splurging for my next car purchase but this might be legit...

so i can get this at the enda the year like I did my TC for like 18k?

hmmm I was really planning on splurging for my next car purchase but this might be legit...

2013 Subaru BRZ priced from $25,495*

Subaru announced today that the starting price of its much anticipated BRZ sports car will be $25,495 when it goes on sale. We don't have an exact date, but Subaru says it will arrive in dealerships "this spring."

The starting price of $25,495 does include a destination charge of $750* and will get you the BRZ Premium with a six-speed manual transmission. Choosing a six-speed automatic will add $1,100 for a new total of $26,595. That price of admission does, however, include a touchscreen navigation system, Bluetooth connectivity and HID headlamps.

Those who require more pampering can step up to the BRZ Limited with a base price of $27,495 for the manual-equipped model. Adding the automatic again bumps the price by $1,100 to $28,595. Limited models also get heated seats with Alcantara inserts and leather bolsters, heated mirrors, dual-zone automatic climate control, fog lights, keyless entry/start and a body-color rear spoiler. The last and most expensive configuration comes when opting for seats fully covered in leather, which raises the starting price to $27,495 for the manual model and $28,595 for the automatic.

Even fully loaded, the 2013 Subaru BRZ appears to come in safely under $30,000, thought it is more expensive than its sibling, the 2013 Scion FR-S, which starts at $24,200 but doesn't come with a nav system or leather as an option. Based on our experience driving the car, that's a reasonable price to pay for such a high level of rear-wheel-drive handling. What do you think? Take our poll and send a Subaru a message about whether or not they have priced the BRZ correctly.

2013 Subaru BRZ priced from $25,495*

Subaru announced today that the starting price of its much anticipated BRZ sports car will be $25,495 when it goes on sale. We don't have an exact date, but Subaru says it will arrive in dealerships "this spring."

The starting price of $25,495 does include a destination charge of $750* and will get you the BRZ Premium with a six-speed manual transmission. Choosing a six-speed automatic will add $1,100 for a new total of $26,595. That price of admission does, however, include a touchscreen navigation system, Bluetooth connectivity and HID headlamps.

Those who require more pampering can step up to the BRZ Limited with a base price of $27,495 for the manual-equipped model. Adding the automatic again bumps the price by $1,100 to $28,595. Limited models also get heated seats with Alcantara inserts and leather bolsters, heated mirrors, dual-zone automatic climate control, fog lights, keyless entry/start and a body-color rear spoiler. The last and most expensive configuration comes when opting for seats fully covered in leather, which raises the starting price to $27,495 for the manual model and $28,595 for the automatic.

Even fully loaded, the 2013 Subaru BRZ appears to come in safely under $30,000, thought it is more expensive than its sibling, the 2013 Scion FR-S, which starts at $24,200 but doesn't come with a nav system or leather as an option. Based on our experience driving the car, that's a reasonable price to pay for such a high level of rear-wheel-drive handling. What do you think? Take our poll and send a Subaru a message about whether or not they have priced the BRZ correctly.

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Originally Posted by heatking

if you have netflix watch initial D. what made this car popular lol

foreshadowing?
eek.gif
lol brings back memories .
they have the non-anime version with that chinese dude that played in the green hornet with seth rogen when he was mad young tho. its probably what made the idea for fast and furious a decade later lol

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Originally Posted by heatking

if you have netflix watch initial D. what made this car popular lol

foreshadowing?
eek.gif
lol brings back memories .
they have the non-anime version with that chinese dude that played in the green hornet with seth rogen when he was mad young tho. its probably what made the idea for fast and furious a decade later lol

Back
Top Bottom