2012 Toyota GT-86 / SCION FRS/ BRZ - FRS $24,930 MSRP

**if i was in the position to buy a new car**
If its around the size of a Miata or S2000, Im going to find a hard time justifying spending $20g's on it. I rather take that $20g's and put it towards a used 335i or something.

**if i was in the position to buy a new car**
If its around the size of a Miata or S2000, Im going to find a hard time justifying spending $20g's on it. I rather take that $20g's and put it towards a used 335i or something.

id just cop that and enjoy whippin in da brand new whip. dat new whip smell.
pimp.gif

Subaru BRZ concept headed for Los Angeles as new details leak out

Spy shots and see-through body treatments are all we have to go on when it comes to the upcoming Subaru BRZ. We've had enough of that, however, and it seems Subaru is finally ready to show us a bit more of what's in store for the future sports coupe. The automaker will unveil a concept version of the BRZ at the 2011 Los Angeles Auto Show, and it will be wearing real sheetmetal this time.

The BRZ will make its official debut later on at the Tokyo Motor Show, where it will join its FT-86/FRS siblings. All three versions of the car will wear similar body panels with the exception of the face. Subaru will apply its own mug, while the Toyota and Scion versions will be identical minus the badging.

Subaru will be responsible for production of all three versions, and the sporty coupe will be built at the Japanese automaker's Gunma, Japan facility. There the cars will be fitted with 2.0-liter boxer motors, and paired with either a six-speed automatic or six-speed manual gearbox.

Subaru BRZ concept headed for Los Angeles as new details leak out

Spy shots and see-through body treatments are all we have to go on when it comes to the upcoming Subaru BRZ. We've had enough of that, however, and it seems Subaru is finally ready to show us a bit more of what's in store for the future sports coupe. The automaker will unveil a concept version of the BRZ at the 2011 Los Angeles Auto Show, and it will be wearing real sheetmetal this time.

The BRZ will make its official debut later on at the Tokyo Motor Show, where it will join its FT-86/FRS siblings. All three versions of the car will wear similar body panels with the exception of the face. Subaru will apply its own mug, while the Toyota and Scion versions will be identical minus the badging.

Subaru will be responsible for production of all three versions, and the sporty coupe will be built at the Japanese automaker's Gunma, Japan facility. There the cars will be fitted with 2.0-liter boxer motors, and paired with either a six-speed automatic or six-speed manual gearbox.

If only the final production model looked like the Concept. 

I think it will....just look at their past concept cars and the final production
[h1]2003 Toyota FJ Concept [/h1]
toyota_fj_cruiser_concept-promo_08.jpg
toyota_fj_cruiser_concept-promo_05.jpg

came out 2006

fj-cruiser.jpg

2001 Matrix Concept Frankfurt Motor Show

toyota_matrix_oncept-01.jpg

came out 2002

04-matrix-hero.jpg

[h1]2005 Toyota FT-SX Concept[/h1]
05ToyotaFTSXmanu_08.jpg

came out as the Toyota Venza in 2008

800px-2011_Toyota_Venza_--_NHTSA_2.jpg

2007 Toyota IQ concept

2007-Toyota-iQ-Concept-manu-02-800.jpg

came out 2008

toy_iq_prod_450.jpg

2010 Toyota FT-CH

2010-Toyota-FT-CH_Hybrid-Concept-013-800.jpg

..part of the new "Prius Family" might come out in 2012 as the Prius C

Prius_Family.jpg.aspx

If only the final production model looked like the Concept. 

I think it will....just look at their past concept cars and the final production
[h1]2003 Toyota FJ Concept [/h1]
toyota_fj_cruiser_concept-promo_08.jpg
toyota_fj_cruiser_concept-promo_05.jpg

came out 2006

fj-cruiser.jpg

2001 Matrix Concept Frankfurt Motor Show

toyota_matrix_oncept-01.jpg

came out 2002

04-matrix-hero.jpg

[h1]2005 Toyota FT-SX Concept[/h1]
05ToyotaFTSXmanu_08.jpg

came out as the Toyota Venza in 2008

800px-2011_Toyota_Venza_--_NHTSA_2.jpg

2007 Toyota IQ concept

2007-Toyota-iQ-Concept-manu-02-800.jpg

came out 2008

toy_iq_prod_450.jpg

2010 Toyota FT-CH

2010-Toyota-FT-CH_Hybrid-Concept-013-800.jpg

..part of the new "Prius Family" might come out in 2012 as the Prius C

Prius_Family.jpg.aspx

13th of October 2011, 20:25 UTC · Andrei Tutu
andrei-tutu-17.png
[h1]Spyshots: Toyota FT-86 Race Car [/h1]
SHARE:
tweetn.png

text_size.png
text_minus_sel.png
text_plus.png

[table][tr][td]We still haven't gotten to see the Toyota FT-86 without camo or outside its concept form, but the vehicle will follow the pathway created by the Lexus LFA, meaning that we'll get too see its camouflaged racing version make its motorsport debut this Saturday in Germany.

The prototype, which is being developed by Gazoo Racing, will compete in the German VLN series on the Nurburgring.The vehicle comes with extensive aerodynamic modifications, including a massive rear wing, a reworked front fascia, a new hood, as well as a revised rear bumper.

We can't see the interior details, but considering that this is a motorsport application, we have to get specific equipment, such as bucket seats.

It is unclear yet if this vehicle will only be offered for the track or whether it will ever make it to the US.

Our say: the Supra would be proud.
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
More images in the gallery below.

FILED UNDER:
Toyota

Nurburgring

racing

motorsport

Gazoo Racing

Toyota FT-86

[h2]Toyota FT-86 Race Car spyshots - Photo Gallery: [/h2][table][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom