2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

Would me giving up Antonio Brown for Doug Martin be a good trade? Then I'd have Shady, Doug Martin and then McGahee at my flex, and Fitz, Garcon, Mike Williams, Kendall Wright and Greg Little as my receivers to work with. I doubt he'd even give up Martin for another receiver though, he'd be left with Reggie Bush, Hillis and Blount as his RB's and he's already got Calvin, Julio and Boldin as his WR's.

I knew I messed up taking Greene over Martin
tired.gif

Please Greene.. let me feel like I didn't mess up and go ham this year
laugh.gif

Anyone I should drop to pick up Mikel Leshoure? I really like him, just not sure if anyone I have is worth a drop. Here's what my bench is lookin like:

Miles Austin
Michael Bush
Kendall Wright
Cedric Benson
Brandon LaFell
Danny Amendola
Jacquizz Rodgers

I'm thinking of maybe dropping Kendall Wright. I was pretty high on him but now that Kenny Britt came back, I'm not too sure Jake Locker can accommodate 3 WRs.

Last edited:
can i get some feedback on my draft? 12 man league

QB - Jay Cutler
WR - jordy nelson
WR - eric decker
RB - matt forte
RB - demarco murray
TE - jermaine gresham
W/R/T - frank gore
DST - seattle
K - dan carpenter

bench
QB - griffin III
WR - pierre garcon
WR - robert meachem
RB - toby gerhart
TE - jacob tamme
RB - shane vereen

how did i do?

Wanted to improve my RB's and trade Ryan Matthews and Matt Schaub for Fred Jackson and Andy Dalton...should I pull the trigger?

my squad, 12 team league with PPR

qb- andy dalton
rb- ray rice, fred jackson, doug martin
wr- aj green, roddy white, wes welker
te- aaron hernandez
k- crosby
def- seahawks

bench;
qb- jay cutler
rb- rashad jennings, alfred morris
te- jacob tamme
wr- santana moss, reuben randle, brandon lloyd
def- patriots

any feedback or comments are appreciated!

Y'all think Toby Gearheart would be a good RB to have on my bench? I feel like he's gonna get plenty of burn due to minny being safe with AP

parada45: Man, I think a Roddy or Percy trade is in order. Preferably White. I wouldn't want to be making that game-time decision weekly. On paper, most fantasy experts would suggest Percy. But like I said, without any statistical fact to back it up, my pure hunch is A. Brown until Ben develops his rapport again with Wallace.

EAGLE 0N: No problem, brotha. Can't say I blame you. I've been guilty of that in many a draft. You slightly reach for position knowing the WR pool is so deep. I even have to remind myself to remain BPA as long and deep into the draft as possible. You can definitely afford to trade McGahee (luxury surplus) for a "lesser" WR like Antonio Brown. Hopefully the manager bites.

Buc Em: I sort of like that trade for you straight up. He may take the bait seeing as Q Boldin is a weakness at WR3, leaves him too fragile at RB though. It's a hard call for me because I love both Martin and Brown this year. As a Bucs fan you know Schiano (I'm a Rutgers guy) believes in pounding the football. Martin as the starter should mean a consistent workload of 20-25 carries per game not to mention 4-5 receptions as a bonus weekly. On the flip side, Brown has been Ben's go-to-guy in camp with Wallace out. This is the year Brown breaks out. Last year was strong and a preview, this season could be the moneymaker. He already got paid handsomely so we know the Steelers believe in him. Sanders is the next Steeler WR in line to show out.

Carver: Greene should be decent enough. Jets have no choice but to pound the football and play strong defense, like years ago with their deep playoff runs. Santonio, Hill, and Keller isn't enough to even think about airing it out with Sanchez or Tebow.

Nickthestick91: Nothing wrong with staying put at the moment and flagging Leshoure during the suspension. We have literally no on-field NFL sample size to judge him by. If you really want, I'd drop Amendola or LaFell. Kendall has sleeper potential even behind Britt and Washington.

Patb23: Anytime, man. Don't hesitate to keep 'em coming.

FilthyRich: 8.5/10. Bench raised it 0.5 for me. Got the AP handcuff and Vereen looked good at times in preseason. RG3 sleeper value. Cutler should do work. Forte, Murray, Gore an excellent trio of starting RBs. I would start Tamme over Gresham to start the season until Peyton shows he doesn't trust him like Dallas Clark.

illmatic34: I wouldn't do that trade unless you fully believe Matthews will either take longer than three weeks to return from injury, or won't perform like a RB1 when he gets back. Much as I like Fred, he's a RB2. You don't trade potential RB1s for RB2s. Schaub is significantly better than Dalton.

mustbetheshoe58: Start Cutler over Dalton immediately. Sick trio of RBs. Sick quartet of receivers with Lloyd. This 12-team roster gets a 9.5/10 from me. Not much I would do differently. Maybe pickup a Cobb instead of Randle.

Would me giving up Antonio Brown for Doug Martin be a good trade? Then I'd have Shady, Doug Martin and then McGahee at my flex, and Fitz, Garcon, Mike Williams, Kendall Wright and Greg Little as my receivers to work with. I doubt he'd even give up Martin for another receiver though, he'd be left with Reggie Bush, Hillis and Blount as his RB's and he's already got Calvin, Julio and Boldin as his WR's.

I would rather have Antonio Brown. But I think it hinges more on how confident you are in the Buc's offensive line to open up holes.

had both my drafts last night. would appreciate you guys letting me know what you think about my rosters, and about the trade...

12-team standard league

qb - eli manning
rb - MJD, matt forte
wr - brandon marshall, stevie johnson
te - fred davis
flex - jonathan stewart
d/st - jets
k - robbie gould

bn - kevin smith
bn - roy helu
bn - titus young
bn - laurent robinson
bn - josh freeman
bn - sam bradford (accidental auto-draft)
bn - randall cobb

10-team standard league

qb - michael vick
rb - ray rice, demarco murray
rb/wr - darren sproles
wr - wes welker, stevie johnson
te - jared cook
d/st - seahawks
k - mason crosby

bn- eric decker
bn - deangelo williams
bn - donald brown
bn - anquan boldin
bn - daniel thomas
bn - andy dalton
bn - randall cobb

someone in this league wants ray rice and jared cook, and he'll give me jordy nelson and gronk. NT, what do?

10 Man League. HTH

QB: Drew Brees
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
WR: Stevie Johnson
RB: Michael Turner
RB: Ahmad Bradshaw
TE: Tony Gonzalez
W/R/T: Vincent Jackson
K: Mason Crosby
DEF: Green Bay Packers

Bench: Eli Manning
Bench: Roy Helu
Bench: Santonio Holmes
Bench: Owen Daniels
Bench: Laurent Robinson
Bench: New York Giants

Thoughts?

Another question...

For week 1... Would you start Holmes or Robinson over Stevie Johnson (who faces Revis Island)? AND Would you put your money on the Giants Defense against Romo/DAL over GB D vs San Fran... Any input is appreciated.

My 12 team draft starts in 20 minutes.... I'm getting tons of offers for my 5th overall pick, what kind of return should I be aiming for?

I'm thinking my 1st+4th for 2nd+3rd

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently in a draft right now 4th round. Don't know what RB to take..... I just joined my co-workers keeper league so the other teams in here so a lot of the good guys are gone. It's a PPR league, right now there's Reggie Bush, Donald Brown, Stevan Ridley, and BJGE available. Who do I take? I'm thinking Reggie...... I kinda want to go Brandon Lloyd here too. Need some opinions.

Law Firm and then Ridley.... Brown you could wait a little, but he is an ok ppr guy

Champ, I had my draft Sunday bro and took your advice
laugh.gif

nthat.gif
 Rip it to shreds everybody
laugh.gif

QB: B. Roethlisberger/J. Flacco

RB: A. Foster/D. McFadden/B. Green-Ellis/I. Redman

WR: J. Jones/P. Harvin/A. Brown/ D. Heyward-Bey

TE: F. Davis/B. Celek

DT: M. Dareus/J. Jones

DE: J. Babin/R. Edwards

LB: S. Lee/ C. McCarthy/D. Washington

CB: D. Revis/B. Grimes

S: R. Nelson/B. Polard

K: M. Prater/J. Tucker

Head to head, PPR + bonuses. Got autopicked into taking 2 kickers, 1 of them will go here soon. Let me know guys

It's been awhile since I've done FF not feeling too great about my RBs

12 man league 12th pick

QB: Matthew Stafford

RB: Trent Richardson

RB: Stevan Ridley

WR: Larry Fitzgerald

WR: Marques Colston

TE: Aaron Hernandez

FLEX: Pierre Garcon

D/ST: Falcons

K: Mason Crosby

BN: Matt Schaub

BN: Anquan Boldin

BN: Fred Davis

BN: Pierre Thomas

BN: Titus Young

BN: Brandon Jacobs

BN: Brandon LaFell

RunningFishy: DeSean should be returning punts again this season. Dion Lewis on KR.

AG 47: That's a hard call for me, but you confirmed my initial thought to hold off on the straight up Brown for Martin deal. The tempting portion about Martin's game is Schiano's willingness to give his RBs carries based on playing style and game-plan. I imagine Coach Schiano will especially attack the division leaders NO and ATL with 25-plus carries of Martin (mostly) and Blount.

Icy ESR Two3: 8/10 if MJD produces. Eli is underrated in fantasy, my sixth ranked QB leading the second-tier of elite fantasy quarterbacks. MJD and Forte is an elite RB pairing. Stevie is adequate as a WR2. Start Kevin Smith in the Flex over Stewart initially. Titus Young may even challenge for that spot. Helu has limited value based on Shanny's preference. Flag Morris, Royster, and Hightower on the side. Drop Bradford for a RB or WR. Someone like Vereen, Amendola, A. Morris, Turbin.

I like the bench from your first team better than the second. 7.5/10. Vick has higher potential than Eli, but far riskier. Decker may start over Stevie. Let's see how he clicks with Peyton in the regular season. You're really banking on Stevie and Cobb in both leagues. Donald Brown a phenomenal RB4. Close and legitimate offer but not quite enough for potentially the best overall fantasy producer (Ray). I'm colder on TEs even Jimmy and Gronk than most.

ForeverDecember21: 6.5/10. Package a trade involving Eli to upgrade your RBs or WRs. Not seeing a huge year for V-Jax. Turner and Bradshaw both RB2s, you have no true RB1 but Eli can help get you one packaged with Bradshaw.

I would still start Stevie. I remember him producing on Revis Island in at least one of the two division match-ups last year against the Jets. Santonio second, Robinson third. Gabbert untrustworthy.

Difficult call on the defenses. SF offense is improved but still not anywhere near elite. GB D lets up a lot of yards but forces turnovers. I'm convinced the G-Men are going to win the season opener. Think they do so behind Eli and the D. Lots of sacks and pressure on Romo. Home atmosphere, defending champs. No Witten probably. Can't see the Cowboys scoring more than 17 points. I'll take the G-Men D by a slight margin.

parada45: Giants very underrated defensively. I've seen them outside the top-10 in numerous fantasy rankings. I have them clearly planted in the top-10 (towards the end, granted). What defenses are available though?

rck2sactown: I would hardball and finagle a sixth or seventh round pick out of it also. That manager who trades with who has a chance at whoever falls. May it be Brady, Megatron, or Shady.

CertifiedSW: Wish this got to you in time, bro. Lloyd (BPA) had more value than all those RBs. Would have ranked them Reggie, D. Brown, Law Firm, Ridley. I like Ridley but can't trust him enough with Vereen and Bill's temperament. Law Firm gets no receptions in PPR formats, despite never fumbling. Reggie won't duplicate 2011-2012 but he was the best of the bunch.

Since you're in the middle of drafting, sleepers later on. WR: Titus Young, Nate Washington, Kendall Wright, Randall Cobb, Lance Moore. TE: Cook, Rudolph, Fleener. RBs: Ry Williams, Vereen, Ced Benson. DEF: Seattle, G-Men. K: Gould, Henery. QB: Freeman, Luck.

Yep I was very high on Lloyd and I took him with the pick then I ended up taking Green-Ellis. Thanks for those sleepers will be checking on them later in the draft.

CHECKS Grossman: Glad I could help, my man. Seems like you did very well across the board. Would probably keep Prater and drop Tucker for a RB or WR. Can never have enough. IDP look solid all-around. Babin for sacks, Revis Island, Dareus should only get better in Buffalo. Love Sean Lee, he's the next Zach Thomas or Brian Urlacher-type.

jblackcat13: Love Fred Davis on the bench, could trade him or Hernandez. No need for two top-75 overall (TE). Pierre will push Ridley for RB2. Flag Vereen and Ingram. Titus allows you to potentially package Garcon with Davis for a better RB2.

CertifiedSW: Well done then. Sometimes it's hard to stick to BPA when you feel a need at a particular position, like RB. Lloyd had the most value there. Law Firm is less valuable in PPR settings but at least you know he'll never fumble. He's the man in Cincy. Only concern is the strong run defense in the AFC North, especially Baltimore and Pittsburgh. Could you have had Brown (or Ridley) instead on the way back over Law Firm?

Back
Top Bottom