2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

after realizing I had Atlanta D on the bench i need to make some good moves to make up for that so...

Pick 3 - 

R. Cobb vs Min

M. Austin vs Phi

S. Smith vs KC 

C. Shorts vs Buf

D. Bowe vs Car

Pick 2 - 

M. Bush vs Sea

M. Lynch vs Chi

B. Wells vs Jets

Knowshon Moreno vs. Tampa Bay
or
Jonathan Dwyer @ Baltimore

Non PPR league. Thanks in advance.

Alright, I really need help on these two.
Pick 1
Michael Bush vs SEA
James Starks vs MIN
Pick 3
Larry Fitzgerald @NYJ
Antonio Brown @BAL
Pierre Garcon vs NYG
Denarius Moore vs CLE
Ryan Broyles vs IND

I'd go Starks, Garcon, Broyles and probably Brown. Moore going up against Haden and Fitz with whoever is QBing them this week :smh:

after realizing I had Atlanta D on the bench i need to make some good moves to make up for that so...

Pick 3 - 
R. Cobb vs Min
M. Austin vs Phi
S. Smith vs KC 
C. Shorts vs Buf
D. Bowe vs Car

Pick 2 - 
M. Bush vs Sea
M. Lynch vs Chi
B. Wells vs Jets

I'd go Cobb, Smith, Shorts, Lynch and Wells.

Welp, looks like no Percy this week after all.

I need another WR to play and I've got a few options:

Kerley vs ARI

Lloyd vs MIA

Givens vs SF

Santana Moss vs NYG

Stokley vs TB

I've got Josh Gordon in there as of now, but I'm questionable. He could have a huge game but I feel like I can't take a big gamble especially this week. Any help/opinions would be appreciated.
nthat.gif

Edit: I have Antonio Brown back as well....but am iffy as of now due to Batch.

Guys, I have something to say and as credibility I can tell you I am going to make the playoffs in 4/4 leagues this year.

MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS. Do your own research, make your own picks and own them. I fully support sharing news, opinions, stats, etc. but going to the various message boards and asking who to start at your flex or what defense to go with, as much as you might think it does, is not giving you any sort of advantage. In the past (even early this year) I've made decisions based on other people's opinions. As soon as I decided to start making every decision for myself I not only saw consistently better results, but I also learned more from when I made a good/bad pick. Do you really think that someone who's just cruising through throwing out two or three names is going to make a better decision for your team than if you actually take the 15 minutes to look at the matchups/stats/news/etc. and apply some critical thinking? Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of guys (in this thread even) that give GREAT advice and back it up, but I just can't stand to see people putting their team's fate in others hands every week.

Kind of unrelated since I'm mostly talking about lineup decisions, but as an example, here's a quote from someone over at the Rotoworld forums who was getting advise from the "experts" over at ESPN:
Biggest blunders? Listening to ESPN Insider email recommendations... I've asked them 3 questions all year...

Question to Insiders: Both McFadden and Goodsen are hurt. Pick up Taiwan Jones or Marcel Reece? How much to spend of $88 remaining budget?
Answer: Go with Jones for $25.

Question to Insiders (3 weeks ago): Someone dropped MJD. Should I pick him up and for how much?
Answer: He's only going to be out a couple weeks. Bid $50 (Thank goodness I bid $40)

Question to Insiders: McGahee out. How much should I bid for Hillman?
Answer: He will be the main ball carrier going forward, worth at least $30

I'm sorry if this sounds like a crazy rant, but I just want to pass on what I've found and hopefully make some other teams better. Good luck to everyone heading into the playoffs.

beanie wells vs NYJ
stephen jackson vs SF
matt forte vs SEA

:x

need to pick one. need this win to make playoffs :frown:

Last edited:
If you could only pick two to start:

Bryce Brown v Dal

Stevan Ridley v Mia

Alfred Morris v NYG

my WR spots I have Megatron and Cobb always taking those spots

but with 3 RB positions (one being RB/WR), need help deciding which of the following to start.

Marcel Reese vs Browns
Benjarvis Green vs Charges poor run defense
Bryce Brown vs Dallas (I usually stay away from divisional games)
Alfred Morris vs Giants
Pierre Garcon vs Giants

only def at this point is Alfred Morris, can't decide between the other two spots.

Guys, I have something to say and as credibility I can tell you I am going to make the playoffs in 4/4 leagues this year.

MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS. Do your own research, make your own picks and own them. I fully support sharing news, opinions, stats, etc. but going to the various message boards and asking who to start at your flex or what defense to go with, as much as you might think it does, is not giving you any sort of advantage. In the past (even early this year) I've made decisions based on other people's opinions. As soon as I decided to start making every decision for myself I not only saw consistently better results, but I also learned more from when I made a good/bad pick. Do you really think that someone who's just cruising through throwing out two or three names is going to make a better decision for your team than if you actually take the 15 minutes to look at the matchups/stats/news/etc. and apply some critical thinking? Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of guys (in this thread even) that give GREAT advice and back it up, but I just can't stand to see people putting their team's fate in others hands every week.

Kind of unrelated since I'm mostly talking about lineup decisions, but as an example, here's a quote from someone over at the Rotoworld forums who was getting advise from the "experts" over at ESPN:
Biggest blunders? Listening to ESPN Insider email recommendations... I've asked them 3 questions all year...

Question to Insiders: Both McFadden and Goodsen are hurt. Pick up Taiwan Jones or Marcel Reece? How much to spend of $88 remaining budget?
Answer: Go with Jones for $25.

Question to Insiders (3 weeks ago): Someone dropped MJD. Should I pick him up and for how much?
Answer: He's only going to be out a couple weeks. Bid $50 (Thank goodness I bid $40)

Question to Insiders: McGahee out. How much should I bid for Hillman?
Answer: He will be the main ball carrier going forward, worth at least $30

I'm sorry if this sounds like a crazy rant, but I just want to pass on what I've found and hopefully make some other teams better. Good luck to everyone heading into the playoffs.

We just ask questions on here to get advice/opinons. I dont think we make our decisions based off of the answers we get on any message board. I personally like to ask questions to see if anyone is in the same situation as me when it comes to injuries or having a tough time choosing between a couple of players. There is always someone out there with extra info and in the fantasy world every little bit counts.

As far asking the ESPN insiders, that's a no-go :lol: I rather just catch NFL countdown before the game or one of the fantasy shows on NFL network if I feel like I need to seek "professional" help.

I honestly do enough research on 75% of all fantasy relevant players to where I'm pretty sure I have the same info as the pro's :lol: it's the other 25% where I need to dig in and read up when the time comes but other than that I usually know what the hell is going on

Last edited by a moderator:
word ill set my lineup and ask around if theres a call in not 100 on just to see if someone can talk me out of it.

example,

im really thinking about benching brandon marshall for santana moss. :lol:

:nerd:

my WR spots I have Megatron and Cobb always taking those spots
but with 3 RB positions (one being RB/WR), need help deciding which of the following to start.
Marcel Reese vs Browns
Benjarvis Green vs Charges poor run defense
Bryce Brown vs Dallas (I usually stay away from divisional games)
Alfred Morris vs Giants
Pierre Garcon vs Giants
only def at this point is Alfred Morris, can't decide between the other two spots.

Yep id go with Marcel, Benjarvis, and Morris.

Back
Top Bottom