2012 GUMBALL 3000 CARS

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Originally Posted by Infamous MG

Originally Posted by scshift

Evo X >>> 458
indifferent.gif
180+ mph and 0-60 in under 4 secs with 4 seats and a ACTUAL trunk is nice. You cant really dd a 458
thats something broke people say.   with that said doing this has been a dream of mine since i was in high school, i feel like i should be able to do this sometime in the next 8 years, the 30k cover fee aint *%+# i remember one year it was in europe and the entrance fee was 100k, john mayer and xzibit did that one i think. im sure i can get half of it sponsored, its just the 40k for the used M3 i wanna go in with and 2k for some dope vinyl wrap plus 10k for the retainer for the lawyer you know your going to use. so its gonna take around $75,000 give or take to have one HELL of a 3 week vacation.  figure you sell the car after for a 15k loss so your still in around 50 grand.  wisith between me and you thats 25k each, wassup?
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Can someone explain to me what this event is? And why they've decal-ed their cars and what not?

It's a road rally that takes place on public roads and people pay money to join. Usually the cars are exotic and speeding is common. They travel around the world and party and dine.

The decals/stickers are sponsors, which help cover the entrance fee. Sometimes the cars are decked out just for looks.
This is so dope to me. I wana learn more about cars and #@! .

Originally Posted by kEnn E

thats something broke people say.   with that said doing this has been a dream of mine since i was in high school, i feel like i should be able to do this sometime in the next 8 years, the 30k cover fee aint *%+# i remember one year it was in europe and the entrance fee was 100k, john mayer and xzibit did that one i think. im sure i can get half of it sponsored, its just the 40k for the used M3 i wanna go in with and 2k for some dope vinyl wrap plus 10k for the retainer for the lawyer you know your going to use. so its gonna take around $75,000 give or take to have one HELL of a 3 week vacation.  figure you sell the car after for a 15k loss so your still in around 50 grand.  wisith between me and you thats 25k each, wassup?
wink.gif

Damn I want to roll in with team NT but it really is just throwing money in the air... $50k gets you a used CTS-V man, and that's a joy you get to keep for the rest of the car's life

Originally Posted by DMoney82

This is so dope to me. I wana learn more about cars and #@! .

To be honest, if you really care about car culture, there are better events/things to look into. Gumball is really more of a showdown for people with money, along with other rallies like Goldrush, etc. You're pretty much paying 5-6 figures to drive in a group and go to some exclusive events at hotels.

The amount of money could get you started in racing (covering school, buying a first race car, entering events, etc.), get you a dream car or even just a project car for you to tinker with, or you could even fly to Germany and spend a few days/weeks at the Nurburgring with a rented BMW/Porsche and drive on a legendary race track. Compare that to the Gumball where you're basically cruising on a highway with other people in Lambos... while I'm in the next lane with my friends in a beat up Subaru.

Gumball is it's own event and I don't have anything against it, I'd love to partake in it some day, but if you're looking for car enthusiasts to check out what driving is, Gumball 3000 isn't what you're looking for.

indifferent.gif
180+ mph and 0-60 in under 4 secs with 4 seats and a ACTUAL trunk is nice. You cant really dd a 458
wink.gif
$25k each?  No problem at all, man.  PS I text'd you the other day to see what's up.

I just need to get myself situated first.  Even though I'm not very active in the car world anymore I still have a few connections.  You gotta assemble the team first though, like your lawyers in case you do something stupid.  I'm too old to be speeding and such, I just want to join in for the experience.

I wouldn't rock an M3 because it's not that comfy of a car.  And like they say, it's an essentially long road trip.

PS they do the ugly vinyl wraps because the cars have to stand out.  There's about 100-150 participants per year and you travel around the world.  Sometimes stuff happens, you get pulled over, car breaks down, etc.  If you see one of these cars on the side, you should pull over to make sure everything is OK.

wink.gif

Damn I want to roll in with team NT but it really is just throwing money in the air... $50k gets you a used CTS-V man, and that's a joy you get to keep for the rest of the car's life

You need to be able to enjoy the money, my man.  And you gotta understand those folks are millionaires and billionaires.  The fee is like buying a Big Mac.  I know ordinary folks with M3s that spend $50k on mods alone.  PS the 360 and 430 still look nice. 

Ironically, none of my Evo friends actually own an Evo anymore.  They became so affordable over the last few years, the crowd shifted to a younger age bracket which is unwanted due to the general immaturity perception.  I gave props to a kid that has an Evo VIII the other day, and he went on to saying how quick it was, and how many cars he smoked.  I told him, I know about the car...I had one 7 years ago.

Originally Posted by wj4

wink.gif

You need to be able to enjoy the money, my man.  And you gotta understand those folks are millionaires and billionaires.  The fee is like buying a Big Mac.  I know ordinary folks with M3s that spend $50k on mods alone.  PS the 360 and 430 still look nice. 

Ironically, none of my Evo friends actually own an Evo anymore.  They became so affordable over the last few years, the crowd shifted to a younger age bracket which is unwanted due to the general immaturity perception.  I gave props to a kid that has an Evo VIII the other day, and he went on to saying how quick it was, and how many cars he smoked.  I told him, I know about the car...I had one 7 years ago.

chocolate_chip_cookie.jpg

Originally Posted by wj4

wink.gif

You still keep in touch with anyone from the former MFQ Motorsports (Khiem/Charlie)?

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Originally Posted by wj4

You still keep in touch with anyone from the former MFQ Motorsports (Khiem/Charlie)?
Khiem is a good friend of mine.  He has a new shop in the SFV.  It's a lot bigger than MFQ.

https://plus.google.com/113814804790449423169/about?gl=us&hl=en#113814804790449423169/about

Evo X >>> 458
indifferent.gif
Fambs if you're in the market for a ferrari because of trunk size and seating then you're looking at the wrong car 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DMoney82

Originally Posted by JRAdagreat72

Originally Posted by slickp42189

YOU GON LEARN TADAY
Idk why but this made 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

tumblr_m4323dDuga1rrdpfao1_500.gif

never knew what gumball 3000 was. a while back i saw that black ferrari going at least 80 in marina del rey and making random uturns on lincoln...that thing is sick in person

We need to get a #NT3000 going. East coast and west coast.

Get some NT decals made to make it legit. Who's down?

indifferent.gif

I was originally kidding, but what I was trying to say was the Evo is a beast, and you get props for that car which has history... the 458 is for stunting until the next model comes out, who even gives a damn about the 430 or the 360 right now?
You are insane talking about the F430/360 like it's trash after the 458 came out. F430 and 360 will always be beautiful cars and no one in their right mind would pass up owning one if they could. I would love to own a 360 Modena or an F430 right now. I was so close to owning a 2002 360 Modena but I didn't want to get killed with the maintenance. 
And at praising the Evos history like it's being compared to a Civic. This is Ferrari we are talking about, probably has the richest racing history in the world and you put Evos history over it? 
roll.gif

F an Evo, I'll take a 360/F430 any time, any day over it.

Originally Posted by wj4

wink.gif

Didn't think your #@! was still on here.
laugh.gif

But I agree about that latter paragraph. I had fun in the EVO but I can't stand the way things are now. Selling it and moving up in the world. 

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Originally Posted by wj4

I wasn't trying to come off as arrogant.  Evo owners despise those who street race because it gives them all a bad name.  This was initially why a lot of us got rid of the cars even though they were really fun to drive.

AirPhilip:  Haha, that's funny.  If you see Khiem, tell him you're one of my shoe friends.  He'll have a laugh for sure.  We used to work out of his garage then started MFQ then started the KT place.  He's a good dude that will work make sure your car runs healthy. 
smile.gif

wj4 wrote:

I wasn't trying to come off as arrogant.  Evo owners despise those who street race because it gives them all a bad name.  This was initially why a lot of us got rid of the cars even though they were really fun to drive.

Evo owners also changed hands because as the car got more affordable, kids bought them and started putting crappy parts on them and everyone thought they were a tuner.

Eve was in it, her boyfriend is the guy that's founded the whole gumball
8b4db__6d642200a68c11e1b00112313800c5e4_7.jpg

more of the Aventador

tumblr_m5gn84qu3p1qzttwbo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m4kywrkUQN1qanlclo1_1280.jpg

2012-Gumball-3000-Chrome-Lambo-Lamborghini-Aventador-Winning-by-Shutter-Speed-Photos-on-Flickr.jpg

the purple one

2012-Gumball-3000-Lamborghini-Aventador-Team-Galag-73-by-Shutter-Speed-Photos-on-Flickr.jpg

Back
Top Bottom