2012 Camaro ZL1 >>_____________

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

I like how this thread became a GT-R vs ZR1 debate. My gripe with the GT-R is how many computers the thing has. It's faster in a 0-60 because of the launch control and all the other computers that it has to minimize wheelspin, and its AWD to top it off. Check out this comparison, this is a Centennial edition Z06, same motor thats in the regular Z06. Z06 pulls out over a second on this GT-R on the track but the GT-R has faster 0-60 and 1/4 mile times thanks to the all wheel drive and launch control. Vette wins also in the slalom and skid pad numbers. Great read for the ignorant "American cars can only go fast in a straight line" people.

http://www.insideline.com...ium-comparison-test.html

Comparing a car on street tires to a car on R-compounds is ridiculous. Running any high performance summer tire (Hankook RS3, Dunlop Direzza Star Spec, Nitto NT05) and comparing it to an R-Comp (Toyo R888, Toyo RA1, Nitto NT01, Michelin MPSC) can net you a gain of a minimum of 3 seconds faster on SOW where this test was done.
Real talk, everyone in every car thread talks about how their favorite car handles on the track but how many of you have actually been to a track to even drive a car?
I've autocrossed before at SCCA and BMW CCA events. Never went to a major track before, though.

I hate American cars in general, but dudes are lying if they said they wouldn't drive a Corvette. That's one of the few American cars that has been consistent for years.

Camaros are ugly as @#$% though, along with that visibility
sick.gif
thing could be the fastest car on earth, but I'd still take an M3 or Mustang over it just cause it's horrendous looking.

Real talk, everyone in every car thread talks about how their favorite car handles on the track but how many of you have actually been to a track to even drive a car?

I go to the every track 3-4 months with an E30 or E36 (depending which one my friend lets me use). Also planning on getting an E36 M3 or the new BRZ strictly for the track.

Originally Posted by SFC415

but dudes are lying if they said they wouldn't drive a Corvette. That's one of the few American cars that has been consistent for years.
If someone gives me a Corvette for free i'll drive the hell out of it. But if I am going to buy a car, in that same price range, there are easily 6-8 other cars I'd rather buy than a Corvette. 

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

Now were saying girls wouldnt like a Vette?

eek.gif

Cats in here soundin like fools tryin to discredit American muscle... chicks bust it wide open for a regular v6 chargers, b..what u think they doin for da vette? Lol
pimp.gif
EXACTLY!!! Y'all reachin real hard saying *%@%#% don't be feeling the Vette. And even moreso than a GT-R. All the stuff that matters for us guys with a GT-R, means nothing to most chicks save for the chicks in the tuner crowd.

Originally Posted by RFX45

but dudes are lying if they said they wouldn't drive a Corvette. That's one of the few American cars that has been consistent for years.
If someone gives me a Corvette for free i'll drive the hell out of it. But if I am going to buy a car, in that same price range, there are easily 6-8 other cars I'd rather buy than a Corvette. 

And they will all get smoked, easily by the Vette.

Originally Posted by cguy610

So? I am not looking for something that can beat everyone on a straight line, I am not going to smash the gas pedal every time a red light turns green. I don't get why people cannot understand that? Are all of you guys living in a Fast & the Furious fantasy world?
 And just because people doesn't choose the Corvette or any American car doesn't mean they're talking %##% about it, it's all personal preference. 

Originally Posted by ninjahood

mattell-110-barbie-rc-corve.jpg

girls been programed since toddlers to worship da vette...ya 2 talkin out ya %$*!#
laugh.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

QFT
The best supping evidence I've seen in any car thread on NT.
Very well done Sir.

So? I am not looking for something that can beat everyone on a straight line, I am not going to smash the gas pedal every time a red light turns green. I don't get why people cannot understand that? Are all of you guys living in a Fast & the Furious fantasy world?
 And just because people doesn't choose the Corvette or any American car doesn't mean they're talking %##% about it, it's all personal preference. 

There are no shades of grey here

The BIGGEST misconception is that "American Muscle" only performs straight line...the base model C6 Corvette records a freaking .96 G's (Gravity Force) on the skidpad. The ZR-1 is 1.00 G's. When I hear statement like "only straight line performance" , it let's me know who knows what the !%!% they are talking about and who just reads and regurgitates bad information.

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

I like how this thread became a GT-R vs ZR1 debate. My gripe with the GT-R is how many computers the thing has. It's faster in a 0-60 because of the launch control and all the other computers that it has to minimize wheelspin, and its AWD to top it off. Check out this comparison, this is a Centennial edition Z06, same motor thats in the regular Z06. Z06 pulls out over a second on this GT-R on the track but the GT-R has faster 0-60 and 1/4 mile times thanks to the all wheel drive and launch control. Vette wins also in the slalom and skid pad numbers. Great read for the ignorant "American cars can only go fast in a straight line" people.

http://www.insideline.com...ium-comparison-test.html

Comparing a car on street tires to a car on R-compounds is ridiculous. Running any high performance summer tire (Hankook RS3, Dunlop Direzza Star Spec, Nitto NT05) and comparing it to an R-Comp (Toyo R888, Toyo RA1, Nitto NT01, Michelin MPSC) can net you a gain of a minimum of 3 seconds faster on SOW where this test was done.
The thing of why tires shouldn't be brought towards that video is because that's the car STOCK. The companies were confident enough in THOSE tires for their cars that they allowed reviewers to compare them that way. Stock is what the numbers are tested with and how the public see inital performance. Yea better tires should be used but hey that was Nissans decision. 

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

The BIGGEST misconception is that "American Muscle" only performs straight line...the base model C6 Corvette records a freaking .96 G's (Gravity Force) on the skidpad. The ZR-1 is 1.00 G's. When I hear statement like "only straight line performance" , it let's me know who knows what the !%!% they are talking about and who just reads and regurgitates bad information.

I seriously hope "Straight line" isn't the only thing you got from everything I wrote? It's just a goddamn example of driving on the streets. Now it's just reaching if you're saying that I claim it can only go fast on a straight line.

lol thread is serious dont think i ever seen RFX swear

car threads are no joke on NT

I seriously hope "Straight line" isn't the only thing you got from everything I wrote? It's just a goddamn example of driving on the streets. Now it's just reaching if you're saying that I claim it can only go fast on a straight line.
what is your numero uno car you choose over everything? 

Originally Posted by slickp42189

Panemera Turbo S. Was once a reality for me (I make 60k for every 4 months I deploy to Afghanistan), but now I'm focused on my family and our house and saving money for the future.

Around here the Corvette is the mid-life crisis/swag-back car of choice
laugh.gif

The value you get from these muscle cars can't be rivaled, IMO they are fun to drive too... fighting with the steering wheel > driving your car with a PS3 dual shock (GTR may as well have this) The only problem is they start to make you look immature if you still drive them as you get older (not my opinion just what others have told me)

If you're asking me, it really depends on what I want/need at the time. For the price of a ZR1 ($110k), if it is a track car I want, it'll be very close between a ZR1 or GTR, GTR might win a bit since it can be both a daily driver and track car. Plus the number one of the track is no racing so either way, it's just for fun. I doubt I'd notice I am going a second slower than a ZR1 on a straightway. That is if I am buying new. Buying used, probably a Porsche GT3 for the track.
 If it's a daily driver/cruiser, for around $110k - $130k, I'd take an Aston Martin Vantage V8 w/o a question. 

Originally Posted by 0cks

Around here the Corvette is the mid-life crisis/swag-back car of choice
laugh.gif

The value you get from these muscle cars can't be rivaled, IMO they are fun to drive too... fighting with the steering wheel > driving your car with a PS3 dual shock (GTR may as well have this) The only problem is they start to make you look immature if you still drive them as you get older (not my opinion just what others have told me)

That's because the insurance costs so much that the only people you usually see driving them are older gentleman.
Corvettes are more than just performance, but anyone who doesn't own one wouldn't know that. Especially GTR heads, they usually just classify them as american trash a long with everything else American made.

The Corvette has been seen for decades as the best American sports car around the world.

Every model Corvette has it's own religious followers and enthusiasts dating back to the C1 all the way to the current C6. There's more about Corvettes than just how fast they go.

When you own and drive a Corvette, there's a history that follows you. You get people of all ages and generations giving you compliments regardless what model it is.

You can't say the same about a GTR.

R32, R33, R34?

The GTR has history, not as deep as the Corvette, but thats cause I dont believe they have been out for that long.

Panemera Turbo S. Was once a reality for me (I make 60k for every 4 months I deploy to Afghanistan), but now I'm focused on my family and our house and saving money for the future.
nice, i love the interior

If you're asking me, it really depends on what I want/need at the time. For the price of a ZR1 ($110k), if it is a track car I want, it'll be very close between a ZR1 or GTR, GTR might win a bit since it can be both a daily driver and track car. Plus the number one of the track is no racing so either way, it's just for fun. I doubt I'd notice I am going a second slower than a ZR1 on a straightway. That is if I am buying new. Buying used, probably a Porsche GT3 for the track.
 If it's a daily driver/cruiser, for around $110k - $130k, I'd take an Aston Martin Vantage V8 w/o a question. 
i knew we HAD to agree on something, gt3 nice pick
but for a dd/cruiser for 110-130 i have to rock with the r8, now a used vantage v8 for 85 then thats the choice

i knew we HAD to agree on something, gt3 nice pick
but for a dd/cruiser for 110-130 i have to rock with the r8, now a used vantage v8 for 85 then thats the choice
To me, the look of the Aston is just too beautiful to pass up so for that price, I really wouldn't say no to it. I actually wouldn't mind the new 911 as a daily driving for around $85k. At about $130k, my heart belongs to the Vantage.

Back
Top Bottom