2012 Aston Martin Virage

Aston Martin has taken the wraps of its new Virage Coupe and Virage Volante. Both models are based on the automaker's VH architecture – so they're "all-new"... kinda – and are meant to slot in between the DB9 and the DBS in the lineup. The bonded aluminum chassis, with aluminum, magnesium and composite body panels, receives the familiar 6.0-liter V12 rated at 490 horsepower and 420 pound-feet of torque. The standard transmission (a rear transaxle) is a six-speed automatic "Touchtronic 2" gearbox, helping to deliver a 0-60 time of about 4.5 seconds and maxing out at a top speed of 186 miles per hour.

The suspension is double-wishbone on all four corners, with Aston Martin's Adaptive Damping System (ADS) with Sport mode as standard equipment. Wheels are 20-inch alloys, mounted over carbon ceramic disc brakes at all four corners (six-piston calipers up front, four-piston units in the rear), with Pirelli P Zero tires standard.

astonvirage13.jpg

astonvirage02.jpg

astonvirage03.jpg

astonvirage11.jpg

astonvirage12.jpg

astonvirage01.jpg

astonvirage04.jpg

astonvirage06.jpg

astonvirage07.jpg

astonvirage08.jpg

astonvirage14.jpg

astonvirage15.jpg

astonvirage16.jpg

astonvirage05.jpg

astonvirage09.jpg

astonvirage17.jpg

astonvirage18.jpg

astonvirage19.jpg

astonvirage20.jpg

Aston Martin has taken the wraps of its new Virage Coupe and Virage Volante. Both models are based on the automaker's VH architecture – so they're "all-new"... kinda – and are meant to slot in between the DB9 and the DBS in the lineup. The bonded aluminum chassis, with aluminum, magnesium and composite body panels, receives the familiar 6.0-liter V12 rated at 490 horsepower and 420 pound-feet of torque. The standard transmission (a rear transaxle) is a six-speed automatic "Touchtronic 2" gearbox, helping to deliver a 0-60 time of about 4.5 seconds and maxing out at a top speed of 186 miles per hour.

The suspension is double-wishbone on all four corners, with Aston Martin's Adaptive Damping System (ADS) with Sport mode as standard equipment. Wheels are 20-inch alloys, mounted over carbon ceramic disc brakes at all four corners (six-piston calipers up front, four-piston units in the rear), with Pirelli P Zero tires standard.

astonvirage13.jpg

astonvirage02.jpg

astonvirage03.jpg

astonvirage11.jpg

astonvirage12.jpg

astonvirage01.jpg

astonvirage04.jpg

astonvirage06.jpg

astonvirage07.jpg

astonvirage08.jpg

astonvirage14.jpg

astonvirage15.jpg

astonvirage16.jpg

astonvirage05.jpg

astonvirage09.jpg

astonvirage17.jpg

astonvirage18.jpg

astonvirage19.jpg

astonvirage20.jpg

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Seen one, seen'em all....Astons are tough though

V12
pimp.gif

Exact same thing I said when I read the title. The color and that interior is very nice tho.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Seen one, seen'em all....Astons are tough though

V12
pimp.gif

Exact same thing I said when I read the title. The color and that interior is very nice tho.

I was expecting a little more. Looks too much like the current Vantage to me ( a lot more so than the DB9), which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but everything from the exterior to the interior looks hardly like anything I'd call "all new".

I was expecting a little more. Looks too much like the current Vantage to me ( a lot more so than the DB9), which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but everything from the exterior to the interior looks hardly like anything I'd call "all new".

Back
Top Bottom