2011 Smell Good Thread. Vol:Smellin' good for the ladies.

GUCCI-guilty-for-men-coppia-scatola-in-men-groom-2-on-FashionDailyMag-brigitte-segura.jpg

Any1 have thoughts on Deodorant and Cologne?

For example I use Right Guard Old Spice (classic) - but I also use various colognes (depending on the day who I see etc.)

I've never noticed but but is it a taboo thing to wear 2 separate scents (deodorant + cologne)? Or does it not even matter?

For example I use Right Guard Old Spice (classic) - but I also use various colognes (depending on the day who I see etc.)

I've never noticed but but is it a taboo thing to wear 2 separate scents (deodorant + cologne)? Or does it not even matter?

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

V231440_W103RGB.jpg

Victoria's Secret, Very Sexy For Him

Got it as a gift. Good stuff
bought this few months ago, smells good. returned it bc it smells similar to other colognes and I was buying too much cologne at that time too. didn't have a chance to wear it daily, but I would use it if I received it as a gift.

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

V231440_W103RGB.jpg

Victoria's Secret, Very Sexy For Him

Got it as a gift. Good stuff
bought this few months ago, smells good. returned it bc it smells similar to other colognes and I was buying too much cologne at that time too. didn't have a chance to wear it daily, but I would use it if I received it as a gift.

Originally Posted by bkzkurse

I cant speak on whats "correct", but I usually wear lighter more neutral scented deodorants and wash with lighter scented bodywashes.  I dont like wearing strong scented deodorants/bodywashes that may clash with my cologne.  Plus most "for Men" deodorants/washes are super strong and smell terrible to me, like old man or a barber shop.

I cant speak on whats "correct", but I usually wear lighter more neutral scented deodorants and wash with lighter scented bodywashes.  I dont like wearing strong scented deodorants/bodywashes that may clash with my cologne.  Plus most "for Men" deodorants/washes are super strong and smell terrible to me, like old man or a barber shop.

I use fragrance free deodorant. Much better. 

I use fragrance free deodorant. Much better. 

My collection right now (no particular order):

Thierry Mugler - Angel Men Pure Malt (Favorite
pimp.gif
)
YSL - La Nuit' De L'homme (Another Favorite)
Chanel Platinum Egoiste
Chanel Allure Homme Sport
YSL - L'homme
BVLGARI Black
SJ Unforgiveable (Pretty good copy of Creed Milesime Imperial)
Usher
Thierry Mugler - Angel Men
Versace Eau Fraiche
Paco Rabanne 1 Million (still on the fence about this one. very fruity and gets overpowering very quickly)
Avon - Tomorrow for Men (Dont sleep because its cheap and Avon, great fragrance and women love it. Recommended for fans of Pure Malt)
True Religion (just a sample, no real opinion on it yet)
D&G The One
Dolce & Gabanna (Cant go wrong with this one)

Any recommendations on some bottles I should add to the collection?

My collection right now (no particular order):

Thierry Mugler - Angel Men Pure Malt (Favorite
pimp.gif
)
YSL - La Nuit' De L'homme (Another Favorite)
Chanel Platinum Egoiste
Chanel Allure Homme Sport
YSL - L'homme
BVLGARI Black
SJ Unforgiveable (Pretty good copy of Creed Milesime Imperial)
Usher
Thierry Mugler - Angel Men
Versace Eau Fraiche
Paco Rabanne 1 Million (still on the fence about this one. very fruity and gets overpowering very quickly)
Avon - Tomorrow for Men (Dont sleep because its cheap and Avon, great fragrance and women love it. Recommended for fans of Pure Malt)
True Religion (just a sample, no real opinion on it yet)
D&G The One
Dolce & Gabanna (Cant go wrong with this one)

Any recommendations on some bottles I should add to the collection?

I just got Light Blue for Christmas which was good since I'm almost out of the Diesel stuff I got.

Those with collections......How many of your bottles are worthless due to going old? I don't see the point in having so many at a time. I just threw a Lacoste Essential %#+$ like burned my skin when I put it on.

I just got Light Blue for Christmas which was good since I'm almost out of the Diesel stuff I got.

Those with collections......How many of your bottles are worthless due to going old? I don't see the point in having so many at a time. I just threw a Lacoste Essential %#+$ like burned my skin when I put it on.

The only problem is if your cologne or soap/bodywash overpowers your cologne and people smell that instead of the cologne. I prefer people to smell the cologne than a 3 dollar deodorant. It's ultimately your call, of course, but if you think the deodorant is too strong (you could also ask someone if they smell it on you), then switch to a weaker scent or go fragrance free with your deodorant.

The only problem is if your cologne or soap/bodywash overpowers your cologne and people smell that instead of the cologne. I prefer people to smell the cologne than a 3 dollar deodorant. It's ultimately your call, of course, but if you think the deodorant is too strong (you could also ask someone if they smell it on you), then switch to a weaker scent or go fragrance free with your deodorant.

Originally Posted by zmdawg

i have a small collection, like 7 or so bottles, and I think that is way too much even
laugh.gif
most will go bad before finishing them off probably

Back
Top Bottom