2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

I don't really like Amir Khan that much A LOT. But And he destroyed Zab. I personally think the punch was low and that the ref should have given time for Zab to get up and recover. But i think Amir would have soon knocked him out anyway. He looked extremely good.

I would love to see Amir fight at 147. I don't know how much weight he could put on but him vs Berto would be interesting. I don't think Khan has the punching power to be a champion at that weight class. But the announcers last night said he is extremely impressive when he spars with Pac-man. Would love to watch them spar.

anyway excited for 24-7 Mayweather Ortiz.
The clips for mayweather got me hype. "with all due respect...i dont care. i was born for this as well" I wouldnt be surprise if money jump across that table. Zab needs to hang it up. He has a cool record swallow the pride and stop. before he does more harm then good. i dont think he got hit in the wang but more so the pelvic...which is below belly button. Ref shouldve saw that.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

I don't really like Amir Khan that much A LOT. But And he destroyed Zab. I personally think the punch was low and that the ref should have given time for Zab to get up and recover. But i think Amir would have soon knocked him out anyway. He looked extremely good.

I would love to see Amir fight at 147. I don't know how much weight he could put on but him vs Berto would be interesting. I don't think Khan has the punching power to be a champion at that weight class. But the announcers last night said he is extremely impressive when he spars with Pac-man. Would love to watch them spar.

anyway excited for 24-7 Mayweather Ortiz.
The clips for mayweather got me hype. "with all due respect...i dont care. i was born for this as well" I wouldnt be surprise if money jump across that table. Zab needs to hang it up. He has a cool record swallow the pride and stop. before he does more harm then good. i dont think he got hit in the wang but more so the pelvic...which is below belly button. Ref shouldve saw that.

Koncz has been skimming money the whole time i believe . Manny is trying to be everything to everybody yet nobody is looking out for him on the back end . He had to get a nice bit of money from HP for those commercials .
Good ol Zab and I was kinda pulling for him too thinking My dude Sweet Pea would give him some help . Pea was telling him what he should do Zab just couldnt do it , He still has a Name to be Gatkeeper so you will see him on FNF and he will get 2 wins then some Prospect coming up under Al Heymon will beat him on HBO and that will be the end of him . The Punch was borderline but I also think he could have got up .

Oh well on to the next fights

Koncz has been skimming money the whole time i believe . Manny is trying to be everything to everybody yet nobody is looking out for him on the back end . He had to get a nice bit of money from HP for those commercials .
Good ol Zab and I was kinda pulling for him too thinking My dude Sweet Pea would give him some help . Pea was telling him what he should do Zab just couldnt do it , He still has a Name to be Gatkeeper so you will see him on FNF and he will get 2 wins then some Prospect coming up under Al Heymon will beat him on HBO and that will be the end of him . The Punch was borderline but I also think he could have got up .

Oh well on to the next fights

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

30t6p3b.gif
its a damn shame if the people surrounding Manny have been robbing him.

This.

tired.gif
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

30t6p3b.gif

sick.gif

but, thats the history of boxing. why wont these guys pay attention.

Manny should have been listening to Freddie, it seems like every training camp since Morales there's been problems with Koncz.  But he tries to take care of everyone and it might bite him in the $@%.

30t6p3b.gif

sick.gif

but, thats the history of boxing. why wont these guys pay attention.

Manny should have been listening to Freddie, it seems like every training camp since Morales there's been problems with Koncz.  But he tries to take care of everyone and it might bite him in the $@%.

i always root against him ,but manny seems like good peoples.... i hope he gets his finances in order .

not a good look when EVERYONE ends up broke in the sport.

de la was the only success story i could think of, ....but then son got busted for white.

how many boxers can we name that didnt stay too long boxing for money, end up broke 10 years later,use PEDS , or have a drug issue?

pernell
calzaghe
tyson
holyfield
roy jones
shane
castillo
hatton
holmes
pavlik
jermain taylor

etc

theres sych a bad stigma in boxing , its hurting the sport.

and as much as i love floyd , i would bet the crib his spending/gambling will catch up to him

i always root against him ,but manny seems like good peoples.... i hope he gets his finances in order .

de la was the only success story i could think of, ....but then son got busted for white.

how many boxers can we name that didnt stay too long boxing for money, end up broke 10 years later,use PEDS , or have a drug issue?

pernell
calzaghe
tyson
holyfield
roy jones
shane
castillo
hatton
holmes
pavlik
jermain taylor

etc

and as much as i love floyd , i would bet the crib his spending/gambling will catch up to him

Originally Posted by 2o6

There's such a bad stigma in boxing and it's hurting the sport.

tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Someone's probably taking from Floyd too. I wouldn't be surprised. He seems very reckless and unorganized, the latter being more fatal, with his money. 

Originally Posted by 2o6

tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Someone's probably taking from Floyd too. I wouldn't be surprised. He seems very reckless and unorganized, the latter being more fatal, with his money. 

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by 2o6

tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Floyd still makes it rain at clubs. Wasting his money.

Originally Posted by 2o6

tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Yea but Floyd is losing his money bc of himself. not because someone is ripping him off

didnt he fight Oscar to fight off the Tax man?
The moment I heard that I thought Floyd was dumb.
But he is still worth at minimum a legit 50 million. His credit is just piss poor.
As far as his reported finanical misses.
If 7.1 million dollars worth the Jewelry is stolen from me chances are that I didnt pay 7.1 million dollars. Not saying he did or didnt, but thats the beauty of Jewelry expecially that high a figure. Floyd prob made money off that....
The Maybach excursion look 16% is a crappy loan, and speaks to poor credit. The fact that Floyd didnt want to pay an extra 64000 on the car is smart imo, I dont know how he is going to get out of paying for it, ( prob sold it and bought a replacement) but its dumb to pay 16% interest on anything.
Now he owes 3.4 in taxes for the Shane fight.
I think the bigger issue is that Floyd does nothing to keep his finances out the papers. But I dont think Floyd would have any problem meeting that tax number tomorrow....
Floyds Victor Ortiz fight in November lets say he makes 40 million....
If the tax cuts stay in place he takes home 26. he pays Ellerbe, Oscar and everyone else who he pays after a fight, and he is looking at 20
Past due tax bill and hes at 17.6
If floyd is dumb with money its cause he can be, I dont see him as the habitual spender that will have a lot of problems fighting Pac and Ortiz and leaving with 45 in tact.
He has all the jewels a man could want, Gold is dumb high right now, and at worse he down grades a bit interms of accomidations and is still a retired finanically solvent person.

Yea but Floyd is losing his money bc of himself. not because someone is ripping him off

didnt he fight Oscar to fight off the Tax man?
The moment I heard that I thought Floyd was dumb.
But he is still worth at minimum a legit 50 million. His credit is just piss poor.
As far as his reported finanical misses.
If 7.1 million dollars worth the Jewelry is stolen from me chances are that I didnt pay 7.1 million dollars. Not saying he did or didnt, but thats the beauty of Jewelry expecially that high a figure. Floyd prob made money off that....
The Maybach excursion look 16% is a crappy loan, and speaks to poor credit. The fact that Floyd didnt want to pay an extra 64000 on the car is smart imo, I dont know how he is going to get out of paying for it, ( prob sold it and bought a replacement) but its dumb to pay 16% interest on anything.
Now he owes 3.4 in taxes for the Shane fight.
I think the bigger issue is that Floyd does nothing to keep his finances out the papers. But I dont think Floyd would have any problem meeting that tax number tomorrow....
Floyds Victor Ortiz fight in November lets say he makes 40 million....
If the tax cuts stay in place he takes home 26. he pays Ellerbe, Oscar and everyone else who he pays after a fight, and he is looking at 20
Past due tax bill and hes at 17.6
If floyd is dumb with money its cause he can be, I dont see him as the habitual spender that will have a lot of problems fighting Pac and Ortiz and leaving with 45 in tact.
He has all the jewels a man could want, Gold is dumb high right now, and at worse he down grades a bit interms of accomidations and is still a retired finanically solvent person.

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

Originally Posted by 2o6

tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

That's kind of what I'm getting at. I'm not saying it's a Don King situation but is it impossible that a financial manager, attorney, etc. is chipping away a little for himself? I mean, Floyd could even notice but then say, "Damn, I must have just spent that at 'insert a place in Vegas' a while back." The man is always carrying cash too.
 This is just the perception of course. I don't know the man, obviously.  

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

Originally Posted by 2o6

tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

That's kind of what I'm getting at. I'm not saying it's a Don King situation but is it impossible that a financial manager, attorney, etc. is chipping away a little for himself? I mean, Floyd could even notice but then say, "Damn, I must have just spent that at 'insert a place in Vegas' a while back." The man is always carrying cash too.
 This is just the perception of course. I don't know the man, obviously.  

Originally Posted by 2o6

tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

This dude knows. It may not seem like it but my boy who's girl is apart of Floyd's accounting tells me all these stories of his family members just reaching in his bank account and  taking from him. 

Originally Posted by 2o6

tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

This dude knows. It may not seem like it but my boy who's girl is apart of Floyd's accounting tells me all these stories of his family members just reaching in his bank account and  taking from him. 

Originally Posted by 2o6

pernell
calzaghe
tyson
holyfield
roy jones
shane
castillo
hatton
holmes
pavlik
jermain taylor

etc

Add Hearns, Ray Robinson, and Joe Louis to that list.

Back
Top Bottom