2011 College Football "The Real been hacked!!!!" .

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

DaComeUP wrote:

Looks like BYU will join the Big 12 to get them to 10. Now we just have to wait and see if they'll go to 12. If so, I hope UL and Cincy are the first two. The BE teams met yesterday and there were rumors that UCONN didn't even show up
laugh.gif

where do you keep getting BYU to the Big12 from?

and will BYU make more money joining the big12 then they do now as a indy?

BYU basically has the offer to the B12. I'm not sure about the money part. BYU is worried about the stability of the B12 now, but I think that ultimately they'll join.

And Sork, BE Officials aren't the ones saying that WVU has been denied. Everyone is saying that, because it's true. SEC was worried about the academics of WVU and their fan base. They honestly NEVER were a good fit for the SEC and in turn weren't extended an offer. I think that WVU will still try to get an offer in the future, but they also are certainly going to try and get one from the B12 as well. The only problem is that they were so hell bent on getting into the SEC that they declined to meet with B12 officials last week w/ Cincy and Louisville. Doubt that'll be held against them, though.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

DaComeUP wrote:

Looks like BYU will join the Big 12 to get them to 10. Now we just have to wait and see if they'll go to 12. If so, I hope UL and Cincy are the first two. The BE teams met yesterday and there were rumors that UCONN didn't even show up
laugh.gif

where do you keep getting BYU to the Big12 from?

and will BYU make more money joining the big12 then they do now as a indy?

BYU basically has the offer to the B12. I'm not sure about the money part. BYU is worried about the stability of the B12 now, but I think that ultimately they'll join.

And Sork, BE Officials aren't the ones saying that WVU has been denied. Everyone is saying that, because it's true. SEC was worried about the academics of WVU and their fan base. They honestly NEVER were a good fit for the SEC and in turn weren't extended an offer. I think that WVU will still try to get an offer in the future, but they also are certainly going to try and get one from the B12 as well. The only problem is that they were so hell bent on getting into the SEC that they declined to meet with B12 officials last week w/ Cincy and Louisville. Doubt that'll be held against them, though.

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

I'll stick with what I said. FSU(discounted buyout), WVU, and A&M to SEC. Mizzou too if they don't drop the ball.
ND to B1G .
USF/RU/UCONN leaving BE.

Of course BE officials will say that WVU is getting denied to the SEC, smoke and mirrors that I don't buy. The SEC must get A&M completely on board before they accept anyone else. As said before, keep watching UTx. You said UT to Pac, I said they go to B1G and I'll stick with it. I wouldnt disagree with ACC talks, but the LHN will take a major hit or worse.  

.. wait for it
For the last time, Florida State is not leaving the ACC, they have no reason to.

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

I'll stick with what I said. FSU(discounted buyout), WVU, and A&M to SEC. Mizzou too if they don't drop the ball.
ND to B1G .
USF/RU/UCONN leaving BE.

Of course BE officials will say that WVU is getting denied to the SEC, smoke and mirrors that I don't buy. The SEC must get A&M completely on board before they accept anyone else. As said before, keep watching UTx. You said UT to Pac, I said they go to B1G and I'll stick with it. I wouldnt disagree with ACC talks, but the LHN will take a major hit or worse.  

.. wait for it
For the last time, Florida State is not leaving the ACC, they have no reason to.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Just wrote a huge post about realignment only to hit post and sent to the "Log In" screen...FUUUUUU!

*EDIT*

Here's a condensed version, from what I vaguely remember.
Texas is as much an academic institution as it is a football haven. I don't mean to disrespect the alums of the schools so forgive me, but the SEC's academics are nowhere near their football prowess. Texas is a two-headed monster in that regard, and that is why we have such significant bargaining leverage. Not only do we bring a nationwide fanbase, but we also increase the academic integrity of a conference instantaneously. And I'm not saying this to gloat. I know there are enough obnoxious Texas fans out there so theres no need for me to contribute.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, you seriously don't believe this?

The Pac-12 would be a distant third behind the ACC and the Big Ten, but ahead of the Big 12, SEC, and Big East. The Big East (for football only schools) is maybe the worst, with the SEC and Big 12 being virtually interchangeable.
Academically speaking, Texas didn't want to align itself with the Pac 12 schools as a whole.

They are really really....really want to align themselves with the Pac 12 California Schools.  The Pac 12 schools are all Top 25 academic institutions while being athletically dominant (Except Cal
eyes.gif
).  Yes, I know the general public doesn't care about other sports but Stanford, UCLA and USC are 1-3 in overall National Titles.  Schools and their athletic departments care about these sports and so does the NCAA.

It is the reason why the California schools have so much clout when it comes to Pac 12 decisions (Sorry Oregon).  It's also tough to break through that since the California schools are usually on the same page and stand together.

That being said:

Only thing that has legs is the Missouri rumor, everything else is baseless.

ND to B1G .

So the Big Ten will get ND and Texas?
eek.gif
.  You know any deal with Texas involves Oklahoma right?

Of course BE officials will say that WVU is getting denied to the SEC, smoke and mirrors that I don't buy. The SEC must get A&M completely on board before they accept anyone else.
You know the rejection was formal right.  You are dismissing facts to support your rumors with no credible sources.  For all we know it can be "My friends cousin who has a friend that is a secretary at __________ University.  Yeah, she's legit."

Statement from WVU AD, basically with a tail in between his legs:

Spoiler [+]
President [James P.] Clements and I represented West Virginia University at last night's Big East meeting in New York. The group concluded the meeting with a strategy to recruit top level BCS-caliber institutions that match the league's strong athletic and academic histories and traditions.
"As I stated before, WVU is an excellent flagship, land-grant University, with national-caliber athletic and academic programs. We are, and will remain, a national player in college athletics.

"The conference office will coordinate any further discussion on this issue."
As said before, keep watching UTx. You said UT to Pac, I said they go to B1G and I'll stick with it. I wouldnt disagree with ACC talks, but the LHN will take a major hit or worse. 
Texas to the Pac 12 was incredibly close to happening, but Texas wouldn't cave on their demand to keep the LHN.  The Pac 12 would've absorbed Texas, TTU, Oklahoma and Okie St.  Which was ideal for Texas, they don't want to lose two rivals.
It's not all set in done, Oklahoma will meet Texas to discuss if the Big XII is viable.  As of now, Oklahoma doesn't want to be in a conference with Texas if it means unequal revenue streams.  They don't want to break away from Texas, but they don't want to be around Texas if it's on Texas' terms.

Some times "sources" are wrong.

Realignment is going to happen, it may not be now but it will happen by the time the BCS contract expires in 2014.

I'm 50/50 in regards to this, it's exciting 'cause it's new, but will this work?  The thought of getting closer to a playoff system definitely is a plus for the pro-realignment crowd.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Just wrote a huge post about realignment only to hit post and sent to the "Log In" screen...FUUUUUU!

*EDIT*

Here's a condensed version, from what I vaguely remember.
Texas is as much an academic institution as it is a football haven. I don't mean to disrespect the alums of the schools so forgive me, but the SEC's academics are nowhere near their football prowess. Texas is a two-headed monster in that regard, and that is why we have such significant bargaining leverage. Not only do we bring a nationwide fanbase, but we also increase the academic integrity of a conference instantaneously. And I'm not saying this to gloat. I know there are enough obnoxious Texas fans out there so theres no need for me to contribute.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, you seriously don't believe this?

The Pac-12 would be a distant third behind the ACC and the Big Ten, but ahead of the Big 12, SEC, and Big East. The Big East (for football only schools) is maybe the worst, with the SEC and Big 12 being virtually interchangeable.
Academically speaking, Texas didn't want to align itself with the Pac 12 schools as a whole.

They are really really....really want to align themselves with the Pac 12 California Schools.  The Pac 12 schools are all Top 25 academic institutions while being athletically dominant (Except Cal
eyes.gif
).  Yes, I know the general public doesn't care about other sports but Stanford, UCLA and USC are 1-3 in overall National Titles.  Schools and their athletic departments care about these sports and so does the NCAA.

It is the reason why the California schools have so much clout when it comes to Pac 12 decisions (Sorry Oregon).  It's also tough to break through that since the California schools are usually on the same page and stand together.

That being said:

Only thing that has legs is the Missouri rumor, everything else is baseless.

ND to B1G .

So the Big Ten will get ND and Texas?
eek.gif
.  You know any deal with Texas involves Oklahoma right?

Of course BE officials will say that WVU is getting denied to the SEC, smoke and mirrors that I don't buy. The SEC must get A&M completely on board before they accept anyone else.
You know the rejection was formal right.  You are dismissing facts to support your rumors with no credible sources.  For all we know it can be "My friends cousin who has a friend that is a secretary at __________ University.  Yeah, she's legit."

Statement from WVU AD, basically with a tail in between his legs:

Spoiler [+]
President [James P.] Clements and I represented West Virginia University at last night's Big East meeting in New York. The group concluded the meeting with a strategy to recruit top level BCS-caliber institutions that match the league's strong athletic and academic histories and traditions.
"As I stated before, WVU is an excellent flagship, land-grant University, with national-caliber athletic and academic programs. We are, and will remain, a national player in college athletics.

"The conference office will coordinate any further discussion on this issue."
As said before, keep watching UTx. You said UT to Pac, I said they go to B1G and I'll stick with it. I wouldnt disagree with ACC talks, but the LHN will take a major hit or worse. 
Texas to the Pac 12 was incredibly close to happening, but Texas wouldn't cave on their demand to keep the LHN.  The Pac 12 would've absorbed Texas, TTU, Oklahoma and Okie St.  Which was ideal for Texas, they don't want to lose two rivals.
It's not all set in done, Oklahoma will meet Texas to discuss if the Big XII is viable.  As of now, Oklahoma doesn't want to be in a conference with Texas if it means unequal revenue streams.  They don't want to break away from Texas, but they don't want to be around Texas if it's on Texas' terms.

Some times "sources" are wrong.

Realignment is going to happen, it may not be now but it will happen by the time the BCS contract expires in 2014.

I'm 50/50 in regards to this, it's exciting 'cause it's new, but will this work?  The thought of getting closer to a playoff system definitely is a plus for the pro-realignment crowd.

WVA is the school where kids go who can't get into SEC schools due to grades and stand. Test scores. That's the major problem w/ them

WVA is the school where kids go who can't get into SEC schools due to grades and stand. Test scores. That's the major problem w/ them

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

yeah and SEC schools are bad & I remember back when I was looking at schools, WVA had like a 94% acceptance rate.

yeah and SEC schools are bad & I remember back when I was looking at schools, WVA had like a 94% acceptance rate.

Big XII linchpin?
The Big 12 is poised to replace commissioner Dan Beebe with former Big Eight commissioner Chuck Neinas, CBSSports.com has learned.

One highly placed source said the conference was moving quickly to replace Beebe who had been under fire from some conference members after recent instability within the league. Neinas, currently a well-known college consultant, is expected to be named interim commissioner. 

The official word could come as soon as Thursday when the Big 12 presidents meet by conference call to discuss how to move forward. Based on the news of Wednesday, the embattled league apparently will continue with nine schools while seeking additional members.

The Tulsa World reported Wednesday that the Big 12 had "targeted" Neinas, one of the most respected college figures in the country. Neinas was the assistant executive director of the NCAA from 1961-1971 and Big Eight commissioner from 1971-1980. He currently runs Neinas Sports Services. 

Oklahoma and Texas are seemingly in the Big 12 fold after flirting with the Pac-12 for what seems like forever. Essentially, the Big 12 has taken a trip around the world the last few weeks and ended up in the exact same place -- without Texas A&M.

f47158e17aee4103cc6194eb58423cd27c7b7a4.gif

Big XII linchpin?
The Big 12 is poised to replace commissioner Dan Beebe with former Big Eight commissioner Chuck Neinas, CBSSports.com has learned.

One highly placed source said the conference was moving quickly to replace Beebe who had been under fire from some conference members after recent instability within the league. Neinas, currently a well-known college consultant, is expected to be named interim commissioner. 

The official word could come as soon as Thursday when the Big 12 presidents meet by conference call to discuss how to move forward. Based on the news of Wednesday, the embattled league apparently will continue with nine schools while seeking additional members.

The Tulsa World reported Wednesday that the Big 12 had "targeted" Neinas, one of the most respected college figures in the country. Neinas was the assistant executive director of the NCAA from 1961-1971 and Big Eight commissioner from 1971-1980. He currently runs Neinas Sports Services. 

Oklahoma and Texas are seemingly in the Big 12 fold after flirting with the Pac-12 for what seems like forever. Essentially, the Big 12 has taken a trip around the world the last few weeks and ended up in the exact same place -- without Texas A&M.

f47158e17aee4103cc6194eb58423cd27c7b7a4.gif

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Yea, it's pretty terrible. One of my college roommates grew up in Charleston, WV. His parents wouldn't even let him fill out an application to WVU. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Yea, it's pretty terrible. One of my college roommates grew up in Charleston, WV. His parents wouldn't even let him fill out an application to WVU. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom