2010 Official Boxing Thread: Soto/Antillon, 2010 Fight of the Year.

Originally Posted by What up

I just hope no one dives out of the ring ...
indifferent.gif
It's  NY.  The  ring is safer.

Seems like that'd be a good scrap. Guidos from Bensonhurt vs. Hooligans from Bolton.

Did ProShares go to the fight tonight?

nah, he had a previous engagement in A/C

Khan can win this fight off his jab alone.

Until he fights someone with pop, Im not a believer

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Both these %$%%$% couldn't hurt a baby with these soft #!# hands

I agree.

Khan doesnt show me alot of power either

he does alot of Calzaghe slappin
i noticed alot of these british boxers do alot of slapping

Good thing I didn't go to the fight. Darkie rooting for Paulie in a pro-Khan crowd does not bode well. My boy was at the fight, said scuffles started because the Bensonhurst crew started yelling "%!%! you guys doing here, should be out at the food stands trying to make bail for your boy." Said a few dudes brawled on the LIRR too
laugh.gif

Congrats to Khan, Paulie showed heart as he always does. He's now going to be a stepping stone kinda fighter. Surprised me to hear Khan call out Maidana after the fight. Said he'd fight him ASAP also said Timmy and Devon should fight and the winners fight each other. A lot of credit to Roach again. Got Khan looking more full instead of all the muscle up top being top heavy. Who knows, if he could dodge punches like he did tonight and have Smoger ref he could easily beat Maidana. But hey, everyone said Ortiz was too fast for Marcos too. *shrugs*

Anyone catch Katsidis? He pummeled Mitchell and KOed him in the 3rd
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

[h4]
box_g_Darchinyan_65.jpg
Darchinyan[/h4]

• Although junior bantamweight champ Vic Darchinyan ended talks for an Aug. 21 Showtime-televised rematch with interim titlist Nonito Donaire -- who scored a massive fifth-round knockout of Darchinyan in a 2007 flyweight title bout -- he'll return in a bantamweight bout in Australia, his home country, May 20. Darchinyan will face Filipino Eric Barcelona (51-17-4, 19 KOs). Gary Shaw, Darchinyan's promoter, said Darchinyan wanted to remain active and that he had planned to take an interim bout even if the Donaire fight had been finalized. If Darchinyan (34-2-1, 27 KOs) wins, he could return to Showtime in August, Shaw said, adding that Darchinyan would like to fight the winner of either May 22 Showtime fight -- the featherweight main event between Israel Vazquez and Rafael Marquez or the co-feature between bantamweight titlist Yonnhy Perez and Abner Mares. "Hopefully for August, but it depends on who wins and what condition they are in when they win," Shaw said. Donaire, meanwhile, probably will open the July 10 Showtime card headlined by the Juan Manuel Lopez-Bernabe Concepcion featherweight title bout in Puerto Rico against an opponent to be named, Top Rank's Carl Moretti told ESPN.com.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
  This dude Vic ducks Nonito...  then goes fight another pinoy with 17 losses.  
I hope he gets in the ring against Vasquez

I hope izzy & Rafa dont do too much damage to each other this go round. either one of them would KO Vic.

smh.gif
theyre blatantly duckin Nonito its almost comical now.

I forgot all about Katsidis fight

although it won't happen tim bradely is looking for an opponeant for his hbo debut on july 17th and khan said he wants to fight towards the end of july.

I don't see how Vic thinks his power is going to go to 122 or 126, he barely hurt Agbeko at 118. Nonito would knock Vic cold again. A fight with Montiel will be a great fight.

Back
Top Bottom