2010 College Basketball Season

Training preparations for College Basketball Teams before the start of College Basketball Season

DLSU and JRU went to Korea for series of training and tune up games against top collegiate teams in South Korea

San Beda and Ateneo attended training camp at Las Vegas Nevada  (every year before NCAA and UAAP starts)

NU Bulldogs went to Indiana USA (Indiana Basketball Academemy) for 2 weeks of series of training and conditioning 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Letran Knights spend their preseason training during summer by participating at Tondo Basketball League and provincial tournaments in Cebu and Mindanao Area
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

eek.gif
...That's why their style of play in the NCAA is too physical (style ala Jawo)

good start by DLSU, Atkins' improved outside shooting
pimp.gif
noticed they were using double screens for him just like the time of renren in the 90s. hopefully we can sustain this kind of game. Maui needs a shooting coach, his shot is really awkward IMO.

FEU saved by RR Garcia
pimp.gif
, I think he can be better or is already better than Mark Barroca. Has spunk and confidence to carry the team. Ramos would be a disapointment if he keeps continuing to be a passive player, he has what it takes to be a dominant player with his height and quickness but doesn't use it to his advantage.

BTW is mangeura relegated to team B? What's up with Torres? thanks

Yup, Jed's in Team B.

As for Torres, he's still serving his residency. He'll start playing in the UAAP next season with Van Op and another Fil-Am guard.

smile.gif

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

Yup, Jed's in Team B.

As for Torres, he's still serving his residency. He'll start playing in the UAAP next season with Van Op and another Fil-Am guard.

smile.gif

Nice Dre, full of info. Hehehe =) 

Originally Posted by jeddahblaster

NU Bulldogs went to Indiana USA (Indiana Basketball Academemy) for 2 weeks of series of training and conditioning 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
 that camp must be teaching turnovers 

Yup, Jed's in Team B.

smile.gif
thanks for the info man. yeah its his 2nd year na pala of residency. I was asking more of is he really worth the hype? have yet to see him play.

Slaughter's going to give him a hard time next UAAP season
laugh.gif

Greg Slaughter = EJ Feihl + James Walkvist
laugh.gif

Junmar Fajardo of University of Cebu is
pimp.gif

Too bad his handlers won't let him develop more.

Unless he gets better competition soon, he'll likely turn into the next Samigue Eman.

DLSU back to its 2009 way.......tsktsk. can't buy a basket throughout the game. Marata was trigger happy today. Webb is not playing his game and was stuck with shooting threes and throwing his shots. Ferdinand was working hard but Basketball IQ is very poor IMO. Rookie guards were ok but they are all small. I guess the suspension is catching up on DLSU with all the uneven balance in the roster. Seniors defecting on their fourth year leaving no apprenticeship of the rooks and sophs. One guy who passed on his fifth year was Maierhoffer last year, then this year I heard Barua was offered to stay but he opted to pass.

roll.gif
manilaboyxix wrote:

Barua, Mangahas and Malabes were cut from the team.

frown.gif

the two were cut but I think Barua was asked to stay as per tj manotoc or boom i think. any which way I think the 2 could've helped in the transition this year, but malabes was rightfully cut IMO

roll.gif
manilaboyxix wrote:

Barua, Mangahas and Malabes were cut from the team.

frown.gif

the two were cut but I think Barua was asked to stay as per tj manotoc or boom i think. any which way I think the 2 could've helped in the transition this year, but malabes was rightfully cut IMO

Pressure from the alumni forced DLSU to cut them including Barua, I asked him myself before the summer started.

Maybe they intended to keep him at first, but eventually the coaching staff cut him when they thought they'd be better off with the new recruits.

IMO they should've let James and PJ stay instead of giving the roster spots to Nico Elorde and Aiki Herrera.

But Arvie Bringas deserved to be kicked out, di talaga pumapasok.

If all schools did that, the UAAP would run out of players.

*cough* Ryan Buenafe *cough*

laugh.gif

DLSU's awesome game against UP was a fluke. You saw the real DLSU team yesterday (vs NU).

There's no way Atkins repeats his hot shooting (vs UP) ever again.

On a side note, Yutien's face is bad for the ratings.

as a varsity player are they require to pass the college entrance examinations
UPCAT, ACET, USTET etc
happy.gif

I doubt.

Maybe they're just required to take it.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
manilaboyxix wrote:

Pressure from the alumni forced DLSU to cut them including Barua, I asked him myself before the summer started.

Maybe they intended to keep him at first, but eventually the coaching staff cut him when they thought they'd be better off with the new recruits.

IMO they should've let James and PJ stay instead of giving the roster spots to Nico Elorde and Aiki Herrera.

But Arvie Bringas deserved to be kicked out, di talaga pumapasok.

If all schools did that, the UAAP would run out of players.

*cough* Ryan Buenafe *cough*

laugh.gif

yeah I think so too, those two are not as bad as Malabes and not as lazy and trigger happy as him.
laugh.gif

as for what gameover said, probably true, but let's hope for the best.

I hope they have someone in team B who'll be a savior for DLSU basketball or else we'll stink in the next few years. The new kids are good, but I don't think you can win with an all PG lineup (I think we have 4 or 5 PG including Atkins and Revilla. 
laugh.gif

I hear you man, the DLSU glory days are probably over for now.

All I see in team B who can maybe help out next season are Van Op, Torres, Revilla and this Fil-am guard who was a late enrollee this year.

DLSU needs at least another Carlos Sharma.

On another note, the Nike uniforms in both the NCAA and UAAP are horrible, I'm surprised no one's taping them ala Arwind Santos.

DLSU's old school design is
pimp.gif

Btw, is Anjelo Montecastro redshirting for the UP maroons? Saw him sitting behind the UP bench last time.

yeah, sucks for our alma mater then, but still animo, maybe there would be a miracle
laugh.gif
we'll be the champions if our team played juniors championship with all the big name rookies and sophs that we have.
laugh.gif

IMO admu's developments of players is one of the best in the UAAP starting with Norman Black's hiring. They have been continously been competitive year in year out, turning Rabeh into a dominant big then Salva,Buenafe, Long even Monfort etc has come along really well. Coaching staff is doing a great job. BTW is Erram they guy they tout as the next Baclao?

DLSU's player development has been on the decline lately, the system is still there but the player development has lagged, I don't know if the players are lazy or too confident to learn new things. ie Webb still can't go to his left side and still does the same things from last year so I don't see him having an easy time this year.

Back
Top Bottom