2009 NBA Playoffs Countdown Thread (3 Days)

jpzx

Supporter
I don't know about you..but other than March Madness, the NBA playoffs is my favorite sporting event of the year. It's shaping up to be another goodyear as well...the Eastern Conference race is pretty tight....the only team out of the running being the Washington Wizards. The only team in the West that hasa shot other than the teams slotted in right now is the Phoenix Suns.

Anyway..I'll update this thread everyday so we can keep track of the standings and what not. This thread is for discussing your playoff predictions(potential upsets, matchups you like, teams that you believe will/could go all the way) and other things similar to that.

There's still a game in progress from today (Jazz/Nuggets) but here is what the standings look like right now...

April 12th, 2009
(Daytime)

1qpbpf.jpg

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
e9xhmx.jpg
2kk8yv.jpg

Denver will be trouble for whoever... don't know why everybody sleeping on them...

If the standing can stay like that for the East and West, with those matchups, I will be a happy man.

Cavs vs. Bulls- Nothing special, Lebron will have a field day
happy.gif

Celtics vs. Pistons- You already know. The Pistons will bring it, but lose
laugh.gif

Magic vs. Heat- Battle of the Florida teams, God don't play games with me
nerd.gif

Hawks vs. Sixers- Can easily go to 7 games

Lakers vs. Mavs- Kobe can play on one foot. Dirk vs. Pau, European powerhouses
Nuggets vs. Jazz- Division rivalry. Athletic rosters. There will be blood.
Spurs vs. Blazers- Spurs will win, mature team vs. fresh up-and-coming team. The Blazers will learn a good lesson from this
Rockets vs. Hornets- Division rivalry. There will be blood.

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMs

Denver will be trouble for whoever... don't know why everybody sleeping on them...

Who got the better end of that trade...
ohwell.gif

Detroits gonna get rocked...

I'll be routing for Denver in the West... hope Chauncey does great

Utah needs home court more than anyone in the West. 0 wins on the road against West playoffs teams isn't gonna cut it.

I still don't see Denver advancing.

And I'd like to see the Heat end up facing the Hawks.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Dallas is not going to be the 8th seed.
Mavs creeping up especially games against 2 against the Hornets, Jazz, and Rockets.And they can officially knockout the Suns from the playoffpicture on Sunday.

Spurs better stay at that 2 or 3 spot...
smh.gif

I don't want to face LA in the second round...
nerd.gif

Denvers only shot to win a series is against Utah IMO... Utah is done in the 1st round no matter who they play.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Denvers only shot to win a series is against Utah IMO... Utah is done in the 1st round no matter who they play.

I hope so. I hate that team...

Originally Posted by NY Mavurs

If the standing can stay like that for the East and West, with those matchups, I will be a happy man.

Cavs vs. Bulls- Nothing special, Lebron will have a field day
happy.gif

Celtics vs. Pistons- You already know. The Pistons will bring it, but lose
laugh.gif

Magic vs. Heat- Battle of the Florida teams, God don't play games with me
nerd.gif

Hawks vs. Sixers- Can easily go to 7 games

Lakers vs. Mavs- Kobe can play on one foot. Dirk vs. Pau, European powerhouses
Nuggets vs. Jazz- Division rivalry. Athletic rosters. There will be blood.
Spurs vs. Blazers- Spurs will win, mature team vs. fresh up-and-coming team. The Blazers will learn a good lesson from this
Rockets vs. Hornets- Division rivalry. There will be blood.

This years playoffs will be epic...best sporting event of the year hands down.

Portland is beating San Antonio if they match up in the first round.

Book it.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

They might have a chance against the Hornets. DWill > CP3 when they match up. That's a team I don't wanna face in the first round.

Man Cleveland got it pretty easy, although if Hawks win their first round match up that might be tough for Cavs

Back
Top Bottom