2009 MLB Amateur Draft Thread

Luke Horvachar, Mark Prior 2.0.

He should skip the minors so the nats can get as much out of him before the inevitable blow up.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

but if it's signability that's an issue don't you think he'll drop down the draft a la Hochevar or Jered Weaver?
Can't see it with this guy... If the Nationals draft him, offer him substantially more than Prior's $10M, and he doesn't sign, it won't be a PR nightmare...

If they pass on him all together, they're gonna get KILLED... Especially after failing to sign Aaron Crow last year over $250K...
eyes.gif

And if he refuses to sign this year and goes the indy league route, I'd draft him right back again next year and tell him too damn bad... If this guy isn't a National one way or another, I'd be SHOCKED...

All very good information. We arent looking at a top pitcher that comes around every year. I have heard scouts say that he is the best pitching prospect in thehistory of baseball. I mean, dude is being compared to a future Roger Clemens, and people have been saying he is as good as AJ Burnett RIGHT NOW. Passing onthis guy would be the stupidest thing ever. Cant pass up a once in a lifetime prospect over money.

dland24 wrote:
Nowitness41Dirk wrote:
CincoSeisDos wrote:
but if it's signability that's an issue don't you think he'll drop down the draft a la Hochevar or Jered Weaver?
Can't see it with this guy... If the Nationals draft him, offer him substantially more than Prior's $10M, and he doesn't sign, it won't be a PR nightmare...

If they pass on him all together, they're gonna get KILLED... Especially after failing to sign Aaron Crow last year over $250K...
eyes.gif

And if he refuses to sign this year and goes the indy league route, I'd draft him right back again next year and tell him too damn bad... If this guy isn't a National one way or another, I'd be SHOCKED...

All very good information. We arent looking at a top pitcher that comes around every year. I have heard scouts say that he is the best pitching prospect in the history of baseball. I mean, dude is being compared to a future Roger Clemens, and people have been saying he is as good as AJ Burnett RIGHT NOW. Passing on this guy would be the stupidest thing ever. Cant pass up a once in a lifetime prospect over money.
I am on the fence about investing that much money in a pitcher, $50 million no less. If he is the goods though, like he is being hyped up to be,then the Nats should take a gamble I guess.

Strasburg does have the look of a Mark Prior.

Seems like he won't have a long career, but then again who knows.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Strasburg does have the look of a Mark Prior.

Seems like he won't have a long career, but then again who knows.
I do.

laugh.gif
J/K

Are there any good hitters in this draft?

Back
Top Bottom