2009 Milwaukee Shoe Summit: Scrapped

Details on food and whatnot are to be determined.

I'm going to sit down with Moda (Eric), has some details relatively soon.

The biggest thing is spreading the word. I need to put a list together of those who are coming at somepoint...

Damn!!! I gotta work on the 25th. This would be two weeks after I get off of vacation.

I'm going to try and take off.

Just in case I can't, is there any way I can buy one of the t-shirts?

I might be in town, im doing some training for the Marine corps and will be getting ready to head to Japan, but it should be good to go

hopefully i can make it

i was thinking about what shoes to wear too lol. i like the shirt idea for sure!!! the cement 3, and the 1 both sound good. should we put an NT logo on itsomewhere?

I probably wouldnt do the NT logo. ISS'ers will be there as well. Hopefully the crowd is diverse...

pics from the last one in '06
26b254e4d77766ad03573fb57a58c9d304fea5f.pjpg
804255a4bd72d67d0ad773cd9841e6108b63c68.pjpg

Yea i was thinking a NT logo to, But if theres going to be people from ISS there then it probally wouldnt work.

On another note, Id like to get more people there than that are in those pics. Im sure we can. Ill start posting around. I could possibly put flyers up atlocal footlockers and champs sports both of the managers there i know and are both sneaker heads.

^good.

Yeah we have to have more ppl.

I want it to be huge.

Couple things.

What are everyones thoughts on including:

A fashion aspect: Local designers showing their lines.

Vinyl aspect: i.e. kid robot and other toys (displays)

Music: having more than a DJ, possibly a performer or 2

Art: May ask c2 to customize during or anyone else is interested.

Sneakers: I'll have a table, who else would like one. I know somebody out there has something they would like to show.

All of the above makes us a ton more diverse, appealing to a wider audience.

Need to know what you guys think.

B

i hear what your saying about the NT logo, i agree. I think that if you incorporated all the other things you mentioned above, the turnout would be a lotbigger!!! i do think that i takes away from the initial thought of a sneaker summit, but i really like the idea of incorporating them into the mix. i thinkeverything blends very well together, and we all kind of come from a (don't know if i should call it) a hip hop urban influence. i like that thought, plusit would bring a lot more people for moda. sounds very cool.

^agreed.

All of those areas are related to me, my interest in them vary.

keep the input coming though...

I like the idea of having a fashion aspect. This would really appeal to me and would be nice to see what Milwaukee all has since im not really from around thearea. Everything you said Sho3tyme is everything i would be insterested in. If we could get c2 there that would be nice also. Some of my guys in madison arehuge collectors, One of them being the manager at footlocker has an incredible collection. I havent gotten to see it at his house yet but I saw pictures ofthat he was every Air Jordan XI all being DS so i think he would love to show off his stuff. I tried to get him to come with me to DXC but he recently had akid. And i know he knows several other people in madison that would be interested also. I would really like to help out as much as I can with this. Being thatnext year i need to start applying for colleges and such, My parents keep on pushing me to do more groups at my highschool but virtually there arent any.Helping out with this would be something great to put on my college application.

^I could write you a letter if needed, email me at [email protected] (work email)

That would be huge if you could come up with a few guys who could fill a table or two, having a hard time finding guys with sneakers for a sneaker summit.

I'm pretty sure everything I listed will be in the building + food.

Greatly Appreciated Sho3tym. I figure that this will be something that i want to be part of annually. I wont need a letter till after this summit. But its niceto know I can get one. Just one more thing that a college can look at and see I actually do, do stuff out of school haha.

If we can get Flyers they could be up in madison at both malls and at another local shoes shop within a day. Could this possibly be a Sell, Trade, Buy event?or just show?

^the more i think about it,

I think the buy/trade/sell option is the way to go, however the focus would be on the show. Does that make sense?

I ll get fliers out as soon as I can, OnETwo if I get them to you via email, would you have a way to print them? only enough for the madison area, I'lltake care of Milwaukee.

^Yea that makes sense. Ive acutally bought most of my older jordans from this guy. If the price is right he always looking to sell since he just had a kid. Ithink just having a table full of sneakers and having heat from the 80's and 90's will be incredible. Im going to try get him out there i mentioned itto him and he said he would like to go to this more than he would DXC.

Yea I can print them whenever. my email is [email protected]. What about brookfield mall? Should flyers go up there?

^that would be good to if you have a connect?

does he have any sz 11 stuff? Paypal ready.

you have quality paper to print it on? We have time to get those out, almost 3 months until the actual event.

Also, if anyone has any plugs anywhere that relates to the event, let me know and lets hit them up....asap.

Moda is proving to be a HUGE asset, I don't think ppl realize how down those guys are for Milwaukee and sneaker heads in general. I pitched this idea tothem and the money issue came up. They're just going to let us use space? That kind of stuff is unheard of nowdays.

^ i hear you on the money issue. i used to be a product buyer for torque center and phase 2, and every time we had an event things would get pretty pricey.thats super awesome of moda to let us do this!!! i know kid cut up and why B who do no request. i could ask if they would be interested in doing it if you guyswant a dj. i think they would be a pretty good fit, and bring an extra people. i also know some of the rhymesayer guys like eyedea, but that would cost somemoney!!!!

^i believe Moda has/works with No Requests in the past, always see the Tee's in there...lol. I'm not up on the music scene, see what you find.

Also, if you stop in Moda, let those guys know your interested/coming to this thing. So they don't think I'm bs'ing them, it's one thing totell them ppl will come and show them a NT post, or to have some say they are interested.

Yepp hes Size 11. Let me know what you want and i can see if he has it tommorow possibly.

I say we finalize everyhing before we get the flyers up. Now that we have a place to have all we need to do is figure out food and other entertainment.Possibly a price also.

like i would love to have a table but i dont have enough shoes to actually make a table look good lol but i would bring a pair or 2 with me...

-Tyler

OnETwo-Any jordans/Nike Basketball Stuff.

Tyler-you'll be alright. Just make sure your speeding ticket(s) are paid off before july 25th....

If anyone is in the greendale area and wants to help me move hit me up....lol

hahahahaha thats a good one Brandon lol and its only 1 ticket and it will be paid off WAY before the 25th...lol

-Tyler

Even if I can't attend, I'm down to donate a couple dollars toward the BBQ.

Just holla...

Let me send you a list quick of what he had last july. I bought a couple of pairs from him but majority, I believe, he still has. All Jordans in this list.

Back
Top Bottom