2009 football/soccer summer transfer rumors

My question here is, where are Platini and Blatter in all of this? Is their hate of the English game so deep they turn the other cheek when it's theSpaniards doing this?

So much for taking away from the beautiful game and "fair play"
indifferent.gif

Where is Real Madrid getting all this money? This is crazy

They took out a huge loan a while back... http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/16/real-madrid-loans-debt

Revealed: the loans Real Madrid took out after Kaka and Ronaldo deals

Tuesday 16 June 2009 19.31 BST

Florentino Pérez, the Real Madrid president, is keen to sign seven players but is willing to release nine others.

The question that everybody has been asking finally got an answer today when the Spanish savings bank Caja Madrid admitted that it has agreed to give Real Madrid a €76m (£64m) loan to be secured on two unnamed sources of collateral. Madrid are also understood to have a similar deal in place with Banco Santander.

Real have spent in excess of €160m to bring Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United and Kaka from Milan but the sporting director, Jorge Valdano, has admitted that the intention is to sign "four or five players more".

Caja Madrid's board of directors approved the loan on Monday. A source at the bank, which is the fourth-biggest in Spain, added that a similar deal had been approved by Santander, the bank that extended a credit line to the previous ­president, Ramón Calderón, as he tried to sign Ronaldo last summer. Santander itself has not commented.

Despite the announcement, however, Real are seeking to prevent the fees they are forced to pay from ­spiralling out of control and Caja Madrid refused to reveal what the money would be used for.

Calderón insisted that he had left the club with €91m in its coffers. Added to the two loans, that would give Madrid a total of €243m and Florentino Pérez, the new president at Real, is also believed to have the ­backing of the Catalan savings bank La Caixa, which provided the ­formal €57m deposit-guarantee he needed to stand for the presidency. According to one recent report, however, Madrid's debt is an ­estimated €500m and they are ­determined to raise money by offloading players this summer.

Pérez has long insisted that he will sign as many as seven players, with the total planned budget for signings ­reaching almost €300m of which they hope €100m will come from nine players who have been put up for sale, including Arjen Robben and Ruud van Nistelrooy. Other names include Gabriel Heinze, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Wesley Sneijder, Rafael van der Vaart, Royston Drenthe, Mahamadou Diarra and Javier Saviola.

"We are going to sign four or five players but that will depend on the departures," Valdano said. "We're working on it but people don't leave Madrid easily."

Pérez has been clear in his insistence that players such as Ronaldo and Kaka are not expensive because of the income that they generate; "normal" players who only ­perform on the pitch are a different ­matter. "There are players who generate a lot of money and others who are only protagonists in a sporting sense," Valdano said. "Ronaldo could turn out to be cheap while others are extremely expensive."

With Ronaldo and Kaka now secured, caution has replaced abandon. Valdano has insisted that it is "difficult" for Real to sign the Liverpool ­midfielder Xabi Alonso and the Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribéry.

"Liverpool do not want to sell Alonso and Bayern are after astronomical figures," Valdano said. He also warned Valencia that Madrid would not pay €50m for the striker David Villa.

Madrid's last offer was €30m plus the striker Alvaro Negredo but talks broke down at the weekend when a deal appeared close. Barcelona have admitted that they are also speaking to Valencia about Villa. Six days ago Chelsea threw in the towel on the Valencia striker because, as their Spanish representative, Juan Cruz Sol, put it, negotiations with Madrid were "advanced". "Villa," he added, "wants to play for Real Madrid." Now that situation has changed.

"We have been negotiating [with Valencia for Villa] over the last week and there have been disagreements," Valdano said. "At first it was a question of money, then a player [to be included] and that meant that the value got inflated. What seemed to be on the right tracks ended up going wrong. Someone else must have become involved because we do not know why the price has risen so much."

He added: "If I was Valencia and Barcelona were offering €50m plus Bojan [Krkic] and [Martín] Cáceres I would sell, because we will not get to that figure - not even at a push."

One buyer that could offer that much is Chelsea but the west London club regarded the initial asking price as prohibitive. There is also one ­significant and potentially insurmountable disadvantage: Villa would prefer to stay in Spain.

Originally Posted by xblaze23

The Real Madrid site is getting hammered because AS says RM has confirmed it too.
As a supporter, how do you feel about this limitless pot of cash they've been spending? The team looks like my Man United squad I churned outin FIFA 07, the board is playing a real life video game. Do they not care for organic players? Will this catch up to them? Any other thoughts?

[h3]COMUNICADO OFICIAL[/h3]

Satellite

sp.gif

Real Madrid Club de Fútbol

Realmadrid.com

El Real Madrid C.F. y el Olympique Lyonnais han llegado a un acuerdo para el traspaso del jugador Karim Benzema, que será efectivo tras el pertinente reconocimiento médico y la firma de los contratos con el jugador.

El delantero francés, de 21 años de edad, se ha comprometido con el Real Madrid para las próximas 6 temporadas.

laugh.gif
I'm not even mad anymore, this ishilarious

i think they still need another central defender and a lb.

but wow. this is like video games, indeed.

CincoSeisDos wrote:
laugh.gif
I'm not even mad anymore, this is hilarious ridiculous

But seriously, Madrid fans should be super-excited about all this, while the rest of the world will probably shake their heads in disgust...pressure on them to win everything though...

^^ they won't even anyways, what they're doing would be like signing the 2 best wide receivers and best running back in free agency...well if youdon't got the o-line (midfield) or D (back 4) to help you out, well it won't matter. I don't care how many kaka's, cr7's, benzema's, orpato's that RM have, Pepe & whoever = nothing. I'm just still bitter I'm probably never going to watch CR7 again....Rio/Johnny Evan & Vidavida vida - FTW
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Let's see when the games start to count how it all pans out for RM.

Every Madrid game is going to be 5-4 and the like. None of this solves their problems along the back line.

ALL the PRESSURE is on Real. As a Barca fan I'm going to be LMAO if Madrid dont win any silverware next season!

i'm curious as to how long the new manager will have before the carousel continues.

has he had any input on the signings or is it all down to perez?

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

My question here is, where are Platini and Blatter in all of this? Is their hate of the English game so deep they turn the other cheek when it's the Spaniards doing this?

So much for taking away from the beautiful game and "fair play"
indifferent.gif
What do you want them to do about it? They cant do anything to stop teams from spending their OWN money in whatever way they want.

Anyways...I dont mind seeing Real spend all this cash...it's going to funny as he.ll if they fail to win the UCL or La Liga next season. I'll berooting against them and Chelsea
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

this has gotten ridiculous...i've been reading for weeks how Juventus are chasing Xabi Alonso, but then you hear Real are after him and i've lost allfaith because you just know their going to come over the top and blow Juves, or anyone else's offer for that matter, out of the water.

like everyone said, Real's back 4 still suspect..they better fix that if they want too win the UCL next year (isn't the final in Madrid next year?could be wrong).

i do like how the worlds attention is focused on another team besides the big 4 in England....first time in a long time.

This could not have turned out any better for ESPN now that the got the La Liga coverage coming next season. I bet for all 30 games shown on ESPN all of themwill feature Real
laugh.gif

are juve still trying to get xabi? i thought they gave up on him after last sumer.

and yea...i wouldn't be surprised if most of espn's games are either real or barca. shame because there are a lot of fun teams to watch in la liga.

Originally Posted by RuffRydya08

^^ they won't even anyways, what they're doing would be like signing the 2 best wide receivers and best running back in free agency...well if you don't got the o-line (midfield) or D (back 4) to help you out, well it won't matter. I don't care how many kaka's, cr7's, benzema's, or pato's that RM have, Pepe & whoever = nothing. I'm just still bitter I'm probably never going to watch CR7 again....Rio/Johnny Evan & Vida vida vida - FTW
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Let's see when the games start to count how it all pans out for RM.
vidic may be gone next year. heard rumors at least.

and yea what real madrid are doing is disgusting. they dont need all these players. I'm beginning to think they are signing these players so other clubscant get them. no offense xblaze.

i dunno.

i think real do need these new players. imo, they definitely needed another winger and an attacking midfielder last season. and if they do sell ruud andhuntelaar, you can't have just raul and higuain up front.

and it's a long season. sneijder, vdv, and robben are all injury-prone. and they may not even stick around. also, kaka and ronaldo are better than those 3too so it is an upgrade.

but they really need to shore up that defense. they need more depth because i don't think anyone wants to see metzelder back there again.

Originally Posted by zizou

are juve still trying to get xabi? i thought they gave up on him after last sumer.

and yea...i wouldn't be surprised if most of espn's games are either real or barca. shame because there are a lot of fun teams to watch in la liga.

Yea their chasing him, they could of had him last summer but they decides to save 7 or 8 mill and signed Christian Poulsen instead....dont get me started onthat move.

Personally i'm hoping for Xabi but i dont think its realistic at this point..we're still not at the financial stability we need to be too sign bigplayers, still reeling from '06. Juventus will be rebuilt from within the youth system.

Juve have been focused on Gaetano D'agostino as an alternative to Xabi. he's 27 yr old deep lying mid fielder in the Pirlo mold. the only problem isthat Udinese are asking wayyy too much, hopefully the price comes down because thats what we really need right now.

he is a good player, not exactly what Juventus needed seeing as every fan was hoping that Sebastian Giovinco would have his time to shine this year, and Diegoplays the same position as him. we need a RB, LB, a replacement for Nedved

But he's not the absolute elite level player that Juve were getting pre-2006. the only positive to come out of the relegation in '06 was that it causeda financial meltdown a few years earlier then everyone else...so now when a lot of teams are in serious debt and selling off big name stars because the globaleconomy is so bad, Juventus are just starting their upturn because they were forced to restructure the club in 2006...which leaves us in pretty decent shape.

once the new stadium open in a couple of years and the revenue dollars start rolling n from that, you'll see top tier players signing on to join the coreof youth players that we currently have. in my opinion it'll take another 4-5 years before Juve are top 4 or 5 club in Europe again.

gotcha. didn't know juve were still interested in xabi. i thought they gave up because they didn't want to pay liverpool's asking price. smh atthat poulsen deal.

is trezeguet leaving juve?

Back
Top Bottom