[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

Yo what's up Laker NT family...

I'm done posting on NT... more negative comes of this place rather then positive.... and too much time is wasted on NT, so I'm hanging it up.
Done with college & have to study for the LSAT all summer & actually worry about the real world now.

It's been fun.
All the posts during the games were always fun!
This year was awesome with finally winning another one.

Hopefully this upcoming year brings more great times.

But anyway, I'm out

Last but not least LETS GO LAKERS!!!!

PS: Kobe > Lebron, and that's final!

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

I'm done posting on NT... more negative comes of this place rather then positive.... and too much time is wasted on NT, so I'm hanging it up.
Done with college & have to study for the LSAT all summer & actually worry about the real world now.

It's been fun.

But anyway, I'm out

vets like you never retire from NT, ya'll just take time off. i expect to see you hear after a few months into next season
grin.gif

good luck man

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

It's been fun.

But anyway, I'm out

vets like you never retire from NT, ya'll just take time off. i expect to see you hear after a few months into next season
grin.gif

good luck man

That's what i'm saying though. People say they'll retire, like it's some kind of career. But soon they realize that it's just the internet,and on their spare time, it doesn't take much just to sign back in again. Kind of like Myspace, Facebook, Friendster... people go but come back on withease.

Goodluck to you though TBONE... wish you the best!

MisterP didn't you try to "retire" from NT bout a year ago?
laugh.gif
its hard to stay away from here ain't it

As for TBone, I got a feeling I'll be seeing you again sometime during football season
tongue.gif
, you know when my cowboys are gettin in that @** (NH)

herman818 wrote:

From John Ireland's twitter.
Janis Carr of OC Register reporting that the Lakers have offered Odom $8m+. If true, that should get it done http://bit.ly/sBEHe

Let's go Odom. Let's get it!

kool-aid-man.jpg

[h3] [/h3]
[h3]Can a deal for Odom be far off?[/h3] [h4]July 11th, 2009, 4:23 pm · 5 Comments · posted by JANIS CARR, OCREGISTER.COM[/h4]

How far is far apart?

Lamar Odom is believed to be seeking at least a $10 million contract from the Lakers. The Lakers aren't willing to part with that kind of dough because of salary cap and luxury tax issues. The deal the Lakers were reportedly offering was for around $7 million.

But the sides might not be as far apart as that. Ronnie Lester, assistant GM, told me Saturday he heard the Lakers are now offering "a little north of $8 million."

He also said he expects a deal early next week.

Stay tuned.

Via OC register...

http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2009/07/11/can-a-deal-for-odom-be-far-off/20501/

I'm sure that deal that Lamar was offered should be enough to get it done

& Tbone, you'll be back, everyone comes back

we all try to retire or say we're leaving permanently and it's always just a vacation lol

Am i the only person who finds it funny how L.A. is negotiating...

It appears that they were giving out sweet deals to everybody just a few yrs ago...

Now that the team has another BANNER ready to be raised, they all of a sudden wanna get tuff with negotiations...

Just seems a lil backwards to me.....Im not the contract/salary cap guru so if im off base feel free to correct me..

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

^And soon Farmar will be seeking employment from another team.

The Shannon Brown era is upon us!!

if you're from la, you're gonna get your bags packing soon.

first trevor then farmar.

farmar trying to get on dr buss' good side by entering tournaments.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MJsaver

Am i the only person who finds it funny how L.A. is negotiating...

It appears that they were giving out sweet deals to everybody just a few yrs ago...

Now that the team has another BANNER ready to be raised, they all of a sudden wanna get tuff with negotiations...

Just seems a lil backwards to me.....Im not the contract/salary cap guru so if im off base feel free to correct me..
What are u talking about ? Tuff with contract negoatiations?

Their being smart and not over spending like the Knicks. The Lakers are already over the salary cap.The way the Ariza neotiations went down the Lakers offeredhim the same amount of money per year but few years on the contract Ariza got from Houston. It's to bad Ariza's agent David Lee is a douche bag though.He tried the same crap with Bynum last season who he also represents but Drew didn't listen to him and took less on his contract extension last year.

Originally Posted by herman818

From John Ireland's twitter.
Janis Carr of OC Register reporting that the Lakers have offered Odom $8m+. If true, that should get it done http://bit.ly/sBEHe
Tell me where you're gonna find another contract like this Odom, don't be Odumb again.

3yr $24-25M

LETS GO!

Once again, I don't care if this is summer league and the first game I know Morrison was ballin against Demar Derozen, but check out his numbers:

Game 1: mpg 33, ppg 24, fg 9-17, fg% .523, 3pt 1-3, 3pt% .333, rpg 5, apg 3, blk 2
Game 2: mpg 32, ppg 22, fg 8-16, fg% .500, 3pt 4-6, 3pt% .666, rpg 4, apg 3, blk 0

Once Sun Yue gets the boot, and Morrison takes away Sasha's minutes I'll be
pimp.gif

As long as he's 100% healthy and picks up the triangle AND can show form from his rookie season
smile.gif

Ran into Assistant GM Ronnie Lester, who is taking in the Summer League games here in Vegas, mainly to get a good look at Adam Morrison. The rest of the Lakers team, including draft pick Chinemelu Elonu, are little more than prospective training game fodder.

Morrison, though. has a guaranteed contract which means - barring a trade - he is expected to be back with the Lakers next season. And since Mitch Kupchak repeatedly has said the Lakers will carry a maximum of 13 players (yes, that includes Lamar Odom), which could leave Sun Yue out.

Lester agreed.

Sun missed last year's Summer League because of his commitment to the Chinese National Team. He again skipped this summer's play in favor of playing overseas.

Lester said Sun's apparent lack of commitment to the Lakers and the fact he missed all of training camp last season because of an injury, doesn't help his chances of keeping his roster spot.

"It does seem he is the odd-man out," Lester said.

http://lakers.freedomblog...aded-out-the-door/20493/

Back
Top Bottom