[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

First of all, thanks to LTB for keeping our season thread updated
pimp.gif

Wanna say what's good to: KB8, LTB, TUPAC, Kidskillz, FB23, caLi, CP, TH0MAS CR0WN,81ackMamba - if you guys are going to the parade; lets do it big (sorry if I forgot anyone else, i'll edit)
pimp.gif

That !@%% was heartbreaking last year, and this years team came with a focus. Although this team underachieved at times during the season, we can throw thatout the window since they reached their goal of bringing the title back to Los Angeles.

Props to the guys that have really sticked by this team (no jbone) and to all the fans coming in (it always happens) keep it classy and add somethinginsightful to our threads, no need to mix up all that garbage that stirs up trouble.

To all the people saying those Laker fans are trash for rioting, blah blah blah - please that is miniscule to what happened in 2002? Plus, them idiots thattrashed those stores probably weren't even TRUE FANS like some of us, but rather just go for the beer and party. It takes 1 trouble maker to get that mobmentality, and
smh.gif
to all of them that followed the leader. (I don't feel asbad when they tip / destroy cop cars
laugh.gif
)

All the guys battled, and I'm glad they didn't just lay down and come back to L.A in game 6. They literally took each heart from the Magic players andstomped on it while Stan Van Gundy was yelling "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" But, I'm not going to discredit the Magic on giving up on this game - theywere clearly the best team in the Eastern Conference, but the Finals was just too big of a stage starting at the bottom with players like Adonal Foyle to theircoach Stan Van Gundy.

I'm not the biggest Kobe fan in the world, but I couldn't be more happier for this dude. He deserves to go to Cabo and have endless threesomes. To thebig Spainard Pau, when the stage was set and we needed him to GET BIG, he GOT BIG! For all the hate D.Fish gets, there's no one else we'd want the ballin the hands of, besides Kobe. Trevor Ariza balled out of his mind, and that's sort of a red flag to me
frown.gif
. For all the Luke Walton bashers, please give this man props - he was one ofthe constants off the bench in the playoffs, he was the "glue" to the offense that facilitated the triangle effectively. It boggles my mind howShannon Brown didn't see court time for either Sasha or Jfarm
mad.gif

My Off-Season:

-Kobe take a paycut, get rest, make a baby boy
-Pau for the love of god, hit the weights
-Bynum rest your knee, non stop working on your back to the basket moves
-D.Fish keep doing you, even it is those core workouts
laugh.gif

-Gotta keep Trev & LO; my gut is telling me someone will overpay for Trevor Ariza. LOwants to retire in L.A and will take less money, Mitch has a lot of work to do. I expect the Mavs / Houston or them Western Conference teams to really make apush for our guys.
-Shannon Brown work on your shot and defense, and I wouldn't be surprised if he could be our starting / backup PG.
-Mbenga, enjoy your championship it don't look like you'll be back
-Josh Powell better be back, especially with the $ he makes
-Luke Walton just gotta get healthy and get better
-Sun Yue I have no idea how you got a 2yr deal
mad.gif

-Sasha, Sasha, Sasha - you +%#+!+% bum ... there needs to be a team that needs a shooter?
-Adam Morrison (is his contract up or is it an option?) I'd like his knee to get healthy, Lakers get him an off-season trainer / coach work on his game, ifhe can come back to his rookie year form, I wouldn't be surprised if him and Sasha duke it out.
-Trevor Ariza wow homie, you're gonna be getting a lot of calls - do what's best for you and your family.
-LO deyyy know this toking candy man, you sucked it up and came off the bench for us, and started when Andrew went down - a team player, retire as a Lakers
pimp.gif

-Jordy Farmar, I hate your game - if only you'd utilize your speed and get away from that 3pnt line. Jordan would be better in a D'antoni system, letshope his value is a little up so we can trade this dude away.

My Draft Wishes:

It all depends on what happens with: Trevor, Jordy, Powell - whoever goes, we'll probably use our First Rounder to replace them.
If Trevor bounces, we go swingman to replace him.
If we can find someone for Jordy, we pickup a PG - and this draft is DEEP with PG talent.
I wouldn't be surprised if we draft a big to backup Bynum / Powell.

Once again, its been good guys - time to celebrate on Wednesday
pimp.gif

Btw, I was like 7-1 making these playoff game threads, LTB 1-0 (championship) making a season thread - youuuu already know what it is
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

BIG offseason right here. First chip to fall that needs to happen is Kobe needs to take a small pay cut to help us try to re-sign both Odom AND Ariza.

I'd like to keep Brown, but if it just can't be, then it just can't be. If Farmar works all summer and can stay healthy next season, we reallyshould be ok without Brown. Farmar was doin fine until he got hurt.

I think Sasha will work on his game ALOT this offseason. He really has no choice. If he and Farmar can improve and Bynum should get better, this team can beever stronger next year, and we'll need to be. The target is firmly on our backs now.

Fish's minutes will start to decrease more and more in the regular season so that he is fresh for the playoffs.

Lastly, Kobe get your damn finger fixed. He should actually have an offseason now, so he should be a lot more rested then this season.

We have 2 straight years of long playoff runs. This could get us later on. We need to work hard in the offseason, but get that rest as well.

Much as I hate to be demanding, oh well, next year is next year. Nothing less then #16 is accepted. Sorry to put that pressure on these guys, but oh well. The millions of dollars they make should make up for it, go get 16.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

First of all, thanks to LTB for keeping our season thread updated
pimp.gif

Wanna say what's good to: KB8, LTB, TUPAC, Kidskillz, FB23, caLi, CP, TH0MAS CR0WN, 81ackMamba - if you guys are going to the parade; lets do it big (sorry if I forgot anyone else, i'll edit)
pimp.gif

That !@%% was heartbreaking last year, and this years team came with a focus. Although this team underachieved at times during the season, we can throw that out the window since they reached their goal of bringing the title back to Los Angeles.

Props to the guys that have really sticked by this team (no jbone) and to all the fans coming in (it always happens) keep it classy and add something insightful to our threads, no need to mix up all that garbage that stirs up trouble.

To all the people saying those Laker fans are trash for rioting, blah blah blah - please that is miniscule to what happened in 2002? Plus, them idiots that trashed those stores probably weren't even TRUE FANS like some of us, but rather just go for the beer and party. It takes 1 trouble maker to get that mob mentality, and
smh.gif
to all of them that followed the leader. (I don't feel as bad when they tip / destroy cop cars
laugh.gif
)

All the guys battled, and I'm glad they didn't just lay down and come back to L.A in game 6. They literally took each heart from the Magic players and stomped on it while Stan Van Gundy was yelling "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" But, I'm not going to discredit the Magic on giving up on this game - they were clearly the best team in the Eastern Conference, but the Finals was just too big of a stage starting at the bottom with players like Adonal Foyle to their coach Stan Van Gundy.

I'm not the biggest Kobe fan in the world, but I couldn't be more happier for this dude. He deserves to go to Cabo and have endless threesomes. To the big Spainard Pau, when the stage was set and we needed him to GET BIG, he GOT BIG! For all the hate D.Fish gets, there's no one else we'd want the ball in the hands of, besides Kobe. Trevor Ariza balled out of his mind, and that's sort of a red flag to me
frown.gif
. For all the Luke Walton bashers, please give this man props - he was one of the constants off the bench in the playoffs, he was the "glue" to the offense that facilitated the triangle effectively. It boggles my mind how Shannon Brown didn't see court time for either Sasha or Jfarm
mad.gif

My Off-Season:

-Kobe take a paycut, get rest, make a baby boy
-Pau for the love of god, hit the weights
-Bynum rest your knee, non stop working on your back to the basket moves
-D.Fish keep doing you, even it is those core workouts
laugh.gif

-Gotta keep Trev & LO; my gut is telling me someone will overpay for Trevor Ariza. LO wants to retire in L.A and will take less money, Mitch has a lot of work to do. I expect the Mavs / Houston or them Western Conference teams to really make a push for our guys.
-Shannon Brown work on your shot and defense, and I wouldn't be surprised if he could be our starting / backup PG.
-Mbenga, enjoy your championship it don't look like you'll be back
-Josh Powell better be back, especially with the $ he makes
-Luke Walton just gotta get healthy and get better
-Sun Yue I have no idea how you got a 2yr deal
mad.gif

-Sasha, Sasha, Sasha - you +%#+!+% bum ... there needs to be a team that needs a shooter?
-Adam Morrison (is his contract up or is it an option?) I'd like his knee to get healthy, Lakers get him an off-season trainer / coach work on his game, if he can come back to his rookie year form, I wouldn't be surprised if him and Sasha duke it out.
-Trevor Ariza wow homie, you're gonna be getting a lot of calls - do what's best for you and your family.
-LO deyyy know this toking candy man, you sucked it up and came off the bench for us, and started when Andrew went down - a team player, retire as a Lakers
pimp.gif

-Jordy Farmar, I hate your game - if only you'd utilize your speed and get away from that 3pnt line. Jordan would be better in a D'antoni system, lets hope his value is a little up so we can trade this dude away.

My Draft Wishes:

It all depends on what happens with: Trevor, Jordy, Powell - whoever goes, we'll probably use our First Rounder to replace them.
If Trevor bounces, we go swingman to replace him.
If we can find someone for Jordy, we pickup a PG - and this draft is DEEP with PG talent.
I wouldn't be surprised if we draft a big to backup Bynum / Powell.

Once again, its been good guys - time to celebrate on Wednesday
pimp.gif

Btw, I was like 7-1 making these playoff game threads, LTB 1-0 (championship) making a season thread - youuuu already know what it is
pimp.gif
QsFT
pimp.gif
...you had everything on point...i dont think ariza isgoing anywhere...he deserves the money...odom like i said is gone next year championship or not...kobe needs to take a paycut...i hope he doesnt get greedy

with that said...congrats the Laker nation
pimp.gif
...good lookin out on therecognition bright
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by rockforlight

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Celebrating on the 101 freeway. Go Lakers !
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
laugh.gif

yeah cuz that's straight up cool.

You shouldve been partying on the north 710/91 interchange on Saturday.

God damn idiots...

Those idiots getting hit on the Freeway would of been
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Also, thanks for the shout out Bright, it was a fun, stressing, and a rewarding season.

We'll see each other here for the next week or so, then I'm off to Dodger land.
laugh.gif

Great Season Lakers

47503314.jpg

Well its the off season. Coming off of a great year that ended in a championship we now have some work to do.

Ariza or Lamar....

In a perfect world you get both of them back. I hope it happens but I don't know......

We saw what happened with ronny last year (bet he is kicking himself right now though). GS threw crazy money at him and he ran for the money. I don't knowthe market for Ariza yet. I think fair for him would be around 7 mil.

Now Lamar should get in the 8-10 range. Lamar is hard to read. During the year he made it seem as if he didn't want to leave and said all the right things.They asked him yesturday and he acted as if he didn't want to talk about it. Talked about his agent...Man forget the agent, do you or do you not want to behere?

We might have to see Shannon walk but who knows. I think people will be after Ariza and Odom and forget about Brown. ( I hope)

As far as the draft goes I don't expect much. To be honest with you we have three 7 footers. 3. Dj is a bit wild but as you saw through out the year heplayed well when we really needed him too. His energy is un matched. We have good forwards. PG's is straight. If we could get a shooter I wouldn't mindthat but we have to see what's out there.

I know some people say get rid of Sasha but A. Nobody wants him. B. This might just be a down year. If he works he might get that shot back. We just have tosee.

All I know even with the possiblity of losing Lamar or Ariza this has been the best summer since 02.

Originally Posted by tupac003

I know some people say get rid of Sasha but A. Nobody wants him. B. This might just be a down year. If he works he might get that shot back. We just have to see.

All I know even with the possiblity of losing Lamar or Ariza this has been the best summer since 02.
One can only hope tupac, a more fitted role for Sasha could land him back to form.

As far as Lamar & Ariza, if I had to choose, you always have to favor the younger player, but I really hope they can keep both.
LO will take a pay cut, Kobe can restructure his contract, and a taker for Sasha may happen.

is trev a restricted free agent?
i hope it's not another ronny situation.
i really hope we can keep LO and Trev. if no one's selfish and are focused on winning the chip not getting that $$$$$$, we'll be good.
and i reall hope we can also keep Shannon Brown, he has some potential with his athleticism.
If we can keep this team there's no one that can stop us.
If everybody works this summer and not stay satisfied but hungry for more. it could be total domination.
Sasha needs to shoot 1000 shots a day or something, he shot like negative 18 percent in the playoffs.
If morrison can get back to form, he could be a solid solid sixth man/scorer, i have hope.
Luke you're good keep consistent.
Ears ehhh i do not like your game. SB>ears. but where the hell did you start using all these bank shot runners and !%*. aha
PAU thank you thank you. you have been the most consistent laker with your 20 and 10.
Andrew, rest up your knee. please. and work on your post moves you rush it too much and force up some pretty low percentage shots.
Fisher- Retire A Laker. thank you for waking up in the finals. and good job keeping up with the point guards you faced in the playoffs.
and Kobe whats there to say. best player in the world now right? you got the MVP in the finals so you're the best now. you've been the best. you arethe best. keep it going and you'll be the best to ever play the game if you play with that mentality and intensity in the finals. you're ability toTRUST your teammates and letting go of the i have to be the hero mindset. allowed the lakers to win the chip.

bottomline.
2009 WORLD CHAMPIONS congrats Phil on Your 10th, come back next year win 11.
Great Season, enjoyed every game. scared when we got leads.
But you guys got it together in the playoffs, and i don't think you guys blew any leads to the point of losing but anyway.

LAKERS BABY.

P.S.
Try to Trade up for Hansborough. i guess. hardworker and a winner.

I can't help but wonder what a healthy Ariza coulda meant to us in last year's finals.
tired.gif

Nelson basically played the Ariza role this year, able to play, but not at the same level as he would have had he been healthy. Nelson stays healthy nextyear, and they can hold onto Hedo, they will be a problem.

Originally Posted by CP1708

I can't help but wonder what a healthy Ariza coulda meant to us in last year's finals.
tired.gif

Nelson basically played the Ariza role this year, able to play, but not at the same level as he would have had he been healthy. Nelson stays healthy next year, and they can hold onto Hedo, they will be a problem.
I totally agree. Rafer should've been starting the whole series though, and I'm saying that as a Lakers fan.

Mad props to the Lake Show and since I had an exam at 10:15 this morning, I will be celebrating this weekend with my girl and the squad.. I'm hoping theyplay Lil' Wayne - Kobe Bryant at the sports bar / club.
pimp.gif

CAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN YOOOOOOOOOOUUUUU DDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGG IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT!!!

Originally Posted by jbone2308

CAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN YOOOOOOOOOOUUUUU DDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGG IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT!!!
CAAAAAAN YOOOUUUU LEEEEAVVVVE!! FAKE $#^$%^ LAKER FAN!
happy.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

happy.gif
roll.gif

That's real classy of Dwight.

CAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN IIIIIIIIIIII TUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRNNNNNNN IIIIIIIIIIINNNN MYYYYYYYYYY
FAAAAAAAAANNNNNN CAAAAAAAAARRRRRDDDDD????????

laugh.gif

Kiddin man, I don't care who's cheerin for this title, we got it, it's ours. But next time we have a poor game in the 2nd round, try to hold ontoyour card.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

happy.gif

pimp.gif
haha ... Everyone wants their card back now

grin.gif

U don't get your card back. I'm sorry, but you don't...

Ayo, anybody else just a little bit tired of Shaq's act to keep gettin in the spotlight?

Before game one he's twittering his support in a no lose situation. If Kobe wins, Shaq looks like a good guy for supporting, if Kobe fails, Shaq gets tolaugh in his face, either way, another ploy to put his name in front of the media.

He keeps twittering throughout the finals, and on the day of game 5, a chip clinching oppurtunity, what story is ESPN running all day? ShaqMIGHT be traded to the Cavs. MIGHT?

How much ya'll wanna bet that story was leaked out by Shaq's agent?

He had the tell me how my $$$ taste vid before the year, he started talkin about maybe someday coming back to play for LA, I mean damn, does this dude evershut the hell up? And the whole entire time, Kobe just keeps saying no comment, non issue, and keeps playing.

People question every God damn thing Kobe does, whether he's genuine or not, blah blah etc etc, but I never hear anyone question Shaq, and the fact heain't even make the playoffs this year, but he got more headlines in April-June then anyone but LeBron.
eyes.gif

Maybe I'm just hard on the guy, but he needs to learn when to shut the hell up, and quit tryna be in the limelight.

Just a minor complaint. The apostrophe goes before the zero in the thread title, so it should read: "OFFICIAL '09 Champion..."

I believe Ariza is an unrestricted free agent. I can't see him leaving because he has an unchallenged starting role on the best team in the league, andeven though he might be able to get more money from another team, I wouldn't want to play anywhere else.

I see Lamar staying. All of his recent talk points to him taking less money to stay.

I hope that Kobe terminates his contract and takes less money in the same way that Tim Duncan did a few years ago.

I'm confident that Bynum will play like he did at the beginning of this season, so no worries there.

It would be nice to trade Vujacic for a better backup at the 2. I was thinking someone like Kelenna Azubuike although their contracts don't match up. Ormaybe we could trade him for Turiaf since their salaries are nearly identical. At least he'll play hard and have some results with his playing time.

Other that that, I think this team is in great shape for a repeat next year, assuming we come back with the same hunger and improve during the off-season.

Back
Top Bottom