[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

come on CP its August ....Let the guy enjoy his summer.
laugh.gif

These guys will be ready when training camp starts.

The guy's wearing a dress in another country, yeah, he's gonna be ready for training camp, in less then 2 months. Sure. Right.
wink.gif

I had to chime in cause I have never seen this thread off 1st page

Artest will be fine CP. Lakers will repeat. All is well in LakerLand. The only big thing is if Bynum will stay healthy.

Haha, those Artest pics... For some reason, whole time I was thinking: "Did he smash?" Anywho, I hope he's getting ready, because I'm ampedfor the season already and it's just August.

Originally Posted by JordanHead2

Ron > Sasha

Einstein, that you?
nerd.gif

Thanks for letting me know, I feel much better about him now.

Here, I'll let you in on Sasha now. If Artest doesn't hit the 3 like Ariza did, there is a decent chance that coming into this season, Sasha could seea lot of burn in 4th quarters. Phil could do the move Kobe to SF and have Sasha play the SG. As we know, one thing the kid can do is play some pesky D. Nowif Artest is lights out for behind the arc, yeah, Sasha ain't gettin no minutes, but I suspect that we'll see Artest shoot 3's much like Odom does. 1 good game, 8 bad ones.
Now on top of that (the one way or another part) That HORRIBLE contract that people always complain about, really isn't all that bad.
By the trade deadline, Sasha will be more then halfway thru the 5 mil he is owed this year, prolly closer to 2 mil by the deadline, and next year he will be anexpiring at 5.4 mil. That is a nice trade asset. Teams may be willing to take a young guy that can shoot (sometimes) and play tough D and also be a sort ofbackup PG in a pinch, sort of like an emergency catcher in baseball.
If there is a player out there, and we think we could use in our rotation, Sasha and his contract could be useful.
And if he does get any burn, and he can play better and get a little Machine back in him, then his value could help even more.
So, we either get our long range shooter back who can play some D, or we are able to unload his contract for a servicable player in the 6 million range give ortake the other particulars that might be part of a deal, or worst care, he sits next to DJ all year combing his hair.
Whatever it is, I doubt he's in a dress right now in another country. I'm guessing he's working on his shot morning, noon, and night to get backon the floor as opposed to the bench like last year.

12491238160.jpg

I bet she lets Artest do whatever he wants to her
devil.gif
he publicly/subtly telling the Twitter world that he's smashing and he don't care lol

Ron definitely enjoying his summer
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Shin Shin probably on her shins every night
ohwell.gif
Wonder what his wife thinks though

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by JordanHead2

Ron > Sasha

Einstein, that you?
nerd.gif

Thanks for letting me know, I feel much better about him now.

Here, I'll let you in on Sasha now. If Artest doesn't hit the 3 like Ariza did, there is a decent chance that coming into this season, Sasha could see a lot of burn in 4th quarters. Phil could do the move Kobe to SF and have Sasha play the SG. As we know, one thing the kid can do is play some pesky D. Now if Artest is lights out for behind the arc, yeah, Sasha ain't gettin no minutes, but I suspect that we'll see Artest shoot 3's much like Odom does. 1 good game, 8 bad ones.
Now on top of that (the one way or another part) That HORRIBLE contract that people always complain about, really isn't all that bad.
By the trade deadline, Sasha will be more then halfway thru the 5 mil he is owed this year, prolly closer to 2 mil by the deadline, and next year he will be an expiring at 5.4 mil. That is a nice trade asset. Teams may be willing to take a young guy that can shoot (sometimes) and play tough D and also be a sort of backup PG in a pinch, sort of like an emergency catcher in baseball.
If there is a player out there, and we think we could use in our rotation, Sasha and his contract could be useful.
And if he does get any burn, and he can play better and get a little Machine back in him, then his value could help even more.
So, we either get our long range shooter back who can play some D, or we are able to unload his contract for a servicable player in the 6 million range give or take the other particulars that might be part of a deal, or worst care, he sits next to DJ all year combing his hair.
Whatever it is, I doubt he's in a dress right now in another country. I'm guessing he's working on his shot morning, noon, and night to get back on the floor as opposed to the bench like last yea
Why would Trasha be in a game over Artest? Even when Artest is at his worst, his defense is still superior to Trasha. Defense is more importantthan 3 point shooting in most cases. It is even more important when a team like the lakers have no trouble scoring with only 1 legit shooter on the team(Fisher).

You are acting like Artest is pulling a Walton in the offseason and not working on his game at all
grin.gif

Hey, I already said if Artest does what he says and slims down and concentrates on D more then his shot, we'll be fine. If he holds to his word aboutnobody scoring more then 15 a game on him. ( a stance I fully can get behind.)

But, if his shot is not falling, and they pack it in on us, we won't have the shooting we need out there late in games. That's where Sasha would bevaluable, and we don't lose all that much defense. Ya'll overrate the @#$% outta that guys D. Artest gets blown by left and right the last coupleyears, if he lied to me and doesn't work his tail off about losin wieght, and getting his speed back up, then we might as well have Sasha out there anywayto space the floor and add that quickness on D.

Sasha was wide open last year and didn't hit @*@@ , so I'd rather have Ron who is actually capable of doing something else when his shot isn'tfalling than Sasha who is COMPLETELY USELESS he's hitting shot. Besides we have other people who can shoot anyway and don't have to be in the paint:Kobe, Fish and even Pau at the mid to high post area.

^
Yes but you know in the 4th it becomes pick and rolls and Kobe will have the ball in his hands. And they won't double off Fish, his man will just stayhome. We have to have to shooters.

I'm talkin about if Sasha comes out back in his 08 form where he was money every damn time he shot. That kid was on fire when he was getting regular PT. Last year, he wasn't.

^
Yes but you know in the 4th it becomes pick and rolls and Kobe will have the ball in his hands. And they won't double off Fish, his man will just stay home. We have to have to shooters.

I'm talkin about if Sasha comes out back in his 08 form where he was money every damn time he shot. That kid was on fire when he was getting regular PT. Last year, he wasn't.
If you a shooter really it don't matter what kind of PT you got, you have one job, be ready to shoot a knock it down when called upon, Sashadid none of this last year. Less PT is no excuse...see Eddie House...this dude doesn't ever know how much time he's getting on a night to night basis,but he comes in and does his job. Sasha on the other hand was trash before...actually tired to play in his contract year and went back to trash after he gotpaid.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

^
Yes but you know in the 4th it becomes pick and rolls and Kobe will have the ball in his hands. And they won't double off Fish, his man will just stay home. We have to have to shooters.

If you a shooter really it don't matter what kind of PT you got, you have one job, be ready to shoot a knock it down when called upon, Sasha did none of this last year. Less PT is no excuse...see Eddie House...this dude doesn't ever know how much time he's getting on a night to night basis, but he comes in and does his job. Sasha on the other hand was trash before...actually tired to play in his contract year and went back to trash after he got paid.
laugh.gif
yeah dude needs to work on his body (nh) instead of justshooting jumpers in practice all day

his power to weight ratio is atrocious for a guy as thin as him

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

^

If you a shooter really it don't matter what kind of PT you got, you have one job, be ready to shoot a knock it down when called upon, Sasha did none of this last year. Less PT is no excuse...see Eddie House...this dude doesn't ever know how much time he's getting on a night to night basis, but he comes in and does his job. Sasha on the other hand was trash before...actually tired to play in his contract year and went back to trash after he got paid.
laugh.gif
yeah dude needs to work on his body (nh) instead of just shooting jumpers in practice all day

his power to weight ratio is atrocious for a guy as thin as him
I got more faith in Morrison getting his shot back but I really hope Sasha does too..

Originally Posted by Kookcle

come on CP its August ....Let the guy enjoy his summer.
laugh.gif

These guys will be ready when training camp starts.

word...we know what artest will bring to the table but sasha on the other hand aside from that contract year in 2008...WE DONT

Yup, happy trails Rambis!

I hope you do well in Minny, you got a great young core of players there.

I was never a fan of Rambis with the Lakeshow, although Kurt has been known as one of the most intense / gritty players - that never transitioned with theplayers we put on the court.

No one "believed" in his defensive philosophy and I'm glad he gets an opportunity somewhere else.

smile.gif

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

smh.gif

all the hate on Sasha...just wait

yall gona make me have to bring back the Team Vujacic sig back before October
October? mines never left homie
ouch...owned
laugh.gif

I was never a fan of Rambis with the Lakeshow, although Kurt has been known as one of the most intense / gritty players - that never transitioned with the players we put on the court.

are u crazy bright?...rambo was the man!

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

I was never a fan of Rambis with the Lakeshow, although Kurt has been known as one of the most intense / gritty players - that never transitioned with the players we put on the court.
are u crazy bright?...rambo was the man!

I'm talking about as a coach.

Back
Top Bottom