2008 - XX3's VS CDP's

I only copped one CDP (6/17) and one XX3 (Motorsports) so it's a tough decision. I was one of the original XX3 bashers. I hated them at 1st but after sumtime they started to grow on me. By the time the black friday's dropped i was already gonna try to get a pair and seeing those sealed the deal 4 me. Throwin quality, design, comfort and great colorways and the XX3's beat the CDP's by far IMO

I got the XX3's in 4 different CW's and I love the design but I'm going to go with all the different shoes in the CDP's...

I'm looking at a a pair of Bred XI's and the Stealth XX3's in front of me right now.....and I just realized that I think I like the XX3's morethan the XI's. Ever since 5th grade the XI's were my favorite J's. Guess that has changed now. That being said.....it says a lot since XX3'swere never worn by MJ in a game, yet they are still just so dope to me. The design, innovation, class, they make other J's look childish.

XX3 > Any other AJ model >> Any CDP pack.

I'd have to go with the XX3's over the cdp's. I got 6 or 7 packs and all the XX3's besides the titaniums and premiers.
The only thing I don't love about the XX3's is how they used white patent on most of them.
Imagine if they yellow like the colombia XI's did. Yellowed tongue and toebox...yuck

XX3 was 2008
Easily.

I have one cdp (7/16) and two half packs (13/21) . I have 9 pairs of 23's and more on the way.

All of the cdp's are forgettable.

pimp.gif

Any other argument would be for nostalgic reasons only. Side by side and disregarding history and MJ's influence, I agree that the XX3 is the goat.

Originally Posted by MrChery

for all of you who said the xx3 over the cdp stop lying to urselfs, u prob lined up for every cdp release

Yeah but the same people who were lining up for CDP's were most likely lining up for the XX3's as well. Only reason CDP's were lined up for isbecause of the shoes in them..some of them 1st time retros with cheap quality and garbage craftsmanship unlike the XX3's.

IMO 23's are ugly. too much going on with that stitching on the sides. and the dinosaur fin thing on the back kills them. CDPs were a good way for peoplewho could never get retros back in the day to have a chance at them now.

i would have to go with the cdp's cause i spent more $$ on those (7.5 out of 11 packs). as far as the XX3's, i passed on the black friday releases andwas not fortunate enough to cop titaniums or finales. both had a major impact on my wallet tho.

one thing that was very disappointing about the XX3's is all the patent used. they OD'd on all the patent. had one of the black friday XX3's hadtumbled leather i woulda copped. glad i got my old loves.
pimp.gif

The 23's have become my favorite shoe. Both to play ball in as well as casually. The XI's will sill be a close second but the quality is suspect.

Originally Posted by ssgefiestoakagerger

In the beginning BEFORE any of the releases, it was only going to be CDP 11/12.

Then all the unknowns became known, by which I mean all the colorways.

XX3 was 2008. I've mentioned this in other XX3 threads, this signature series had a solid line-up. The CDP's were photocopies of the original thing (you know how there's always little flaws and nothing's ever exact). The execution was poor, the match-ups were poor and the quality was poor. Otherwise, 2008 would truly signify and represent 23 years of excellence.

Originally Posted by AirThompson

Originally Posted by Jekih

Premier XX3 - Titanium
All-Star XX3
Black Stealth XX3
UNC XX3 x 2
Premier XX3 - Bred
Levi Pack
PHLY ALL RED

That's my Jordan Brand purchases for 2008...

The only CDP I came close to purchasing was the 19/4 but couldn't conceive placing 19's in the same room as the rest of my J's. Sounds sort of dumb but I'm being serious...

Cant put XIX's in your room, but you can put all red Phly's?

Ima just be quiet on this one.

No need... It was love at first sight for me... Once I saw them on MJ's feet at the Bobcats practice my decision to cop became a simple one...
jordan-phly-1.jpg
http://images.nicekicks.com/images/jordan-phly-1.jpg

I thought it was an ultra clean Quickstrike. I will admit though, what's followed has been HORRIBLE. But that's happened with Spiz'ikes, Dubs, 6Rings... blah blah blah... Anyhoo, back on topic.

Whats funny is that I bought all the CDP's except the 9/14 and the 1/22 ,doubles of 6/17 and the 3/20.Also I bought every XX3 except the titaniums and thefinales.But its like I'm not even excited about the CDP's anymore but i'm still excited about the XX3's as if I got em yesterday.I havent feltlike that since my first pair of 3's in 1988.Thats why I say the XX3's had the biggest impact to me this year maybe in the last 20 years............

Originally Posted by DC SOUNDS

I'm looking at a a pair of Bred XI's and the Stealth XX3's in front of me right now.....and I just realized that I think I like the XX3's more than the XI's. Ever since 5th grade the XI's were my favorite J's. Guess that has changed now. That being said.....it says a lot since XX3's were never worn by MJ in a game, yet they are still just so dope to me. The design, innovation, class, they make other J's look childish.

I see I'm not the only person who used to think that the XI's were number one in the sig. line. I personally think that the XI has beenreplaced by the XX3. The bred XI's were my first Jordan shoe and I remember seeing MJ play in them so they are a little special to me, but the XX3'stook it to the next level where it's hard to imagine a shoe better as fair as quality, look, and performance goes.

Didn't buy any of it. XX3's don't fit me right, and the only pack with 2 shoes I wanted (11/12) was impossible for me to get without spending moneyI didn't want to spend.

it's two different concepts. xx3 as and meant to be the last signature shoes of MJ. it's a great finish to the brand. however, cdp on the other sidehonor the great performance of MJ over 23 years and it's a great way to collaborate the number 23.

Back
Top Bottom