2008 SUBARU WRX... YAY? NAY?

Originally Posted by LiLwAnG05

Sup NT,

About to buy my first car. I need a car w/ AWD (I live in the Pacific Northwest) and have gone through the options and think the WRX is the best fit for me.

What are your thoughts on the 2008 Subaru WRX? Not the STI. Will it last a long time? If you own one, how reliable has it been?

I'm looking at getting it for 18-19k.

Thanks.
Why not just go STi? if you're willing to blow that much. Get a used '07.

Originally Posted by Seattle206

get an 09', the 08's is the bastard generation.

Also the 08s are actually slower than the 06/07s
This.

I believe they use a variant of the 2.5L motor the STi used in the previous year and a slightly bigger turbo too.

Originally Posted by Seattle206

get an 09', the 08's is the bastard generation.

Also the 08s are actually slower than the 06/07s
This.

I believe they use a variant of the 2.5L motor the STi used in the previous year and a slightly bigger turbo too.

sedan nay. hatchback yay. and yes the comment made earlier about 08 wrxs were true. they only pushed 224hp while the 09 had 265hp. thus 08 was a terrible year for the wrx.

sedan nay. hatchback yay. and yes the comment made earlier about 08 wrxs were true. they only pushed 224hp while the 09 had 265hp. thus 08 was a terrible year for the wrx.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

i lived in the PNW all my life and never needed a AWD car...

As have I. Last winter. Did you see what happened to all those non-AWD cars that were all ditched on the highway during the snow?
I'm planning on getting the sedan.

I'm just looking for people who've known someone who owns one or have any bad experiences with one so I don't regret buying one.
i live in seattle, just got the '08 wrx hatch for 21K with about 25K miles on it, was pretty happy with my purchase
i'm still happy with my car, love driving it all the time! going to be getting some new things for the interior but otherwise, fun car to drive

oeung-damn right!

but yes, if you can get an 09....the 09 is > 08 performance wise....i dont mind though, not like i'm going to be doing some fast and furious stuff, and the turbo at 3k rpm is a blast as well...!

....i do secretly like the STI over the WRX....shhh
nerd.gif
 lol

As have I. Last winter. Did you see what happened to all those non-AWD cars that were all ditched on the highway during the snow?

I'm just looking for people who've known someone who owns one or have any bad experiences with one so I don't regret buying one.
i live in seattle, just got the '08 wrx hatch for 21K with about 25K miles on it, was pretty happy with my purchase
i'm still happy with my car, love driving it all the time! going to be getting some new things for the interior but otherwise, fun car to drive

oeung-damn right!

but yes, if you can get an 09....the 09 is > 08 performance wise....i dont mind though, not like i'm going to be doing some fast and furious stuff, and the turbo at 3k rpm is a blast as well...!

....i do secretly like the STI over the WRX....shhh
nerd.gif
 lol

i did fine in my 01 accord.. mdx did good.... 2 years ago is another story

i did fine in my 01 accord.. mdx did good.... 2 years ago is another story

Back
Top Bottom