2008 NL Gold Glove Winners

Originally Posted by eye eat kicks

Wright deserved it, if you guys watched you would know wussup. You guys are honestly hating hes sick

and Beltran doesnt make the flashiest plays, but i think he is the most sure-gloved, makes everything look smooth and easy well deserved for both

cant wait for Citi Field!!!

imagemagic.php

i'll see if i can find you some pom poms to match ............

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Tossing out Bill James out there and trying to call it a day,
laugh.gif

Defense in baseball is harder to "statistically analyze" than offense, hence why Bill James offensive formula's and statistics are highly regarded in baseball circles. His defensive formula's still need work though.
Exactly. There are so many factors that the ZR system can't do anything about. Shifts, fielders own tendencies, holes in the system, players getting groundballs OUT of their zones, etc.. The system doesn't account for shifts, bunt singles, singles that go past infielders who play far in, and so on. Maybe if every infielder played their position at the same spot over and over again regardless of who is at bat (which plays a huge role), the ZR would be useful. If a 3B was playing a shift on a lefty, and the batter decides to lay down a weak bunt to the left side, is that the 3B fault? Of course not. But according to the system, it is.

The bottom line is, we both have our bias, but what makes us different is that I watch the games. Don't spit out ZR and expect it to be the be-all end-all.

eyes are still way more deciving than stats.

laugh.gif

Is 20 ppg from Zach Randolph the same as the same from Kevin Garnett?

Baseball stats =/= basketball?

Mez, you're right I do have this mentality because Baseball is the one sport that can be pretty accurately defined through numbers because it'slargely individual. Plus I've read so much on the subject it's hard for me to take random assertions with no facts to back them. Their has been so muchprogress that has been made in the field of statistical analysis it's idiotic not to use them to back up argument.

Unless you guys can tell me a SPECIFIC problem with plus minus system I have no reason to not belive in it. It has it's problems but a million laguingemoticons isn't going to make me belive thats it's less accurates than scouts or NTer # 2456.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

[Gunna]Best in da bidness![/Gunna]

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
BPhil deserved it! I'm glad he finally won the Gold Glove because last year he was robbed!
You mean the year that Chase Utley outperformed him in every important defensive metric? B. Phillips is nice with the glove but my dude Chase is one the best defensive players in the league.

Um wrong.

Back
Top Bottom