2007 NT Boxing Post: Thanks For A Great Year/ Please Lock

Juan Manuel Marquez vs Rocky Juarez i think Juan will win could be a good fight, but i don't have showtime, but i have Hbo so i'll catch the Calzaghe vs Kessler fight tonight i think that Calzaghe will win by Unanimous Decision.

4pwdjpw.jpg
Sugar Shane Mosley​

Quote:
Can the fact that the Calzaghe/Kessler fight is in Wales, play a part in the decision?
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)
Rest In Peace to one of the fiercest warriors to ever step foot into the ring. His body may have passed, but his spirit will live on through his epic bouts. May his eternity be filled with cheering fans and loving family.

damn i forgot about this. how has it been so far??

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Lets go Bulls, UCLA,Dodgers and Cowboys!
TEAMCOWBOYS

Calzaghe has this, beautiful fight.

4000th post. :smile:
smile.gif
DALLAS MAVERICKS
Charging into the Playoffs
Ager, Barea, Buckner, Croshere, Dampier, Diop, George, Harris, Howard, Ilunga-Mbenga, Mensah-Bonsu, Nowitzki, Stackhouse, Terry​

good fight these boys out there throwing it

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
TEAMCOWBOYS

Joe isn't dominating, but he continues to stay busy...in other words, he's winning the fight.

Still a good one though. Kessler is still in it...
-|LESGodSonC0|-

TEAMYANKEES

TEAMGIANTS

i hate watching a fight on HBO and they just Dride one fighter the whole fight

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
TEAMCOWBOYS

What a good fight, it's a shame that fights like these will get no recognition outside of boxing fans. :frown:
frown.gif
DALLAS MAVERICKS
Charging into the Playoffs
Ager, Barea, Buckner, Croshere, Dampier, Diop, George, Harris, Howard, Ilunga-Mbenga, Mensah-Bonsu, Nowitzki, Stackhouse, Terry​

Joe and Mikkel fought a great fight , Joe just took it up a notch and was super busy world class stuff by both . JMM once agin proves he is the best combination puncher in the game IMO by hitting Rocky Juarez with pretty much every punch known to man .JMM vs Pac is the only option
TEAMCOWBOYS
VI..XII..XXVII..XXVIII..XXX......​
[center

I'd love to see Hopkins-Calzaghe. I don't know if I could see Hopkins willing to go to Wales and it probably wouldn't make too much sense for Calzaghe to come here since I'm sure most people in the US could case less about this fight.

^ Both Calzaghe and Hopkins aren't willing to go to either's hometown so i don't know if the fight can be done. I doubt Hopkins would go to Wales and Calzaghe won't go to the United States. Good fight by Calzaghe Kessler put up a good fight too didn't back down.

Juan Manuel Marquez needs to fight Manny Pacquiao i know that Juan will beat Pacman i just think Manny is scared to fight him.

Can't wait until Mosley destroys Cotto. I enjoyed the preview but i would've wanted to see HBO do a 24/7 series of Mosley/Cotto instead of Hatton/Mayweather i don't have any interest in the Hatton/Mayweather fight.
Sugar Shane Mosley​

I don't know if you saw the post interview but Calzaghe did say he wanted Hopkins and I think Hopkins has mentioned he wants Calzaghe so hopefully they can make something happen.

I don't think a Cotto-Mosley 24/7 would be very interesting. They are both too nice and as far as I can tell nothing too exiting is going on at either camp. I mean, watching Mosley bowl and eating at a diner while having friendly chats with locals doesn't really make me want to spend $50 on a PPV.

My thoughts on the night:

Calzaghe is really freakin good. Kessler is a very good fighter who fought a very good fight tonight. He just ran into someone who is on another level. Calzaghe's handspeed was great, his defense superb, he even had a little pop on his punches, and was even doing good body work. I was not a Calzaghe fan before the fight but i must admit that he put on a great performance tonight. We'll be seeing a lot more of Kessler in the future though. As soon as Joe leaves 168 he'll collect all those belts again.

Marquez is really freakin good. His accuracy is just unbelievable. The handspeed coordination adn ring smarts for a guy at 34 years old is quite remarkable especially in the lower weightclasses. I look forward to a fight between him and Pacquiao. I don't think JMM wins it, but he still has enough in the tank to give Manny a scare or two. Juarez caught a bad break with the cut, but he wasn't winning either way. He's just too small for 130. His power isn't as explosive as it is at 126, and he just doesn't have the skill to hang with the top guys at 130 right now.

Robert Guerrero looked reall freakin good for all of 56 seconds. His opponent was a normally tough and durable guy and he got him out of there with one clean shot. The Ghost is a local boy so i have to wish him well. Its what Dako would do. :b
tongue.gif
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)
Rest In Peace to one of the fiercest warriors to ever step foot into the ring. His body may have passed, but his spirit will live on through his epic bouts. May his eternity be filled with cheering fans and loving family.

Do you have a download link for the Miranda fight or could you send it to my inbox? I was looking for it last night but couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks

Kessler is definitely a good fighter. When I said I wasn't impressed with him I didn't mean he was a bum by any means, I just didn't think he could handle Calzaghe but he did a better job than expected. He made Joe think twice about coming in wildly throughout the fight.

I was just thinking that if Pavlik moved up and fought Kessler :wow:
eek.gif

Quote:
Do you have a download link for the Miranda fight or could you send it to my inbox? I was looking for it last night but couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)

Eh, torrents. I'm like an old man trying to figure out how to use a VCR when it comes to those. Thanks anyway.

AIBA World Championships are on Fox right now...

After watching the Countdown to Cotto v. Mosely I can see why they didn't do one of those 24/7 shows. While they are 2 of my favorite fighters currently, with Mosely being one of my all time favorites, they just dont have those types of personalities to carry a show like 24/7. Those two are all about business inside of the ring and could really care less about all of the other nonsense.

In regards to Calzaghe v. Kessler, I think its time that I give Calzaghe the credit he deserves. 44-0 is unbelievable no matter how you slice it and the way he handled Kessler in the middle and end of that fight was nothing short of impressive. I still like Kessler's chances down the line as he definitely fought a solid fight and some of the punches he landed would have certainly got to some other fighters.

Quote:
I was just thinking that if Pavlik moved up and fought Kessler

Jagshemash, said the same exact thing to my roommate once the fight was over. That fight would be an absolute war.

Christmas may come early this year. The WBO has mandated that Juan Diaz fight Katsidis, who is his mandatory, or be stripped. Someone close to the situation has posted on another board that Diaz has sent a letter to the WBO, saying that he intends to honor his mandatory against Katsidis. Negotiating will probably start soon, and if nothing can get settled there will probably be a purse bid in the coming month or two. I pray to GOD this fight comes off. There really is no other matchup in boxing that i'd be more interested in seeing right now.
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)

damnit string, i was bout to make a katsidis sig, and i just now see you got him in there. Now i gotta find another fighter to hype.
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)

Back
Top Bottom