2001-2005 Lexus IS300 or 2001-2005 BMW 3 series?

if you are looking to spend 11-13k you are looking at pretty much 00-02 or maybe 03 with higher mileage. bmw's are still pretty damn expensive and theis300's are also still pretty expensive. get the is300 if you want less maintenance costs but i think the bmw >>>>>>>> is300 interms of looks. is300 doesn't look like a lexus IMO, more like a scion.

^ That's because it was never a Lexus to begin with. It was manufactured in Japan under Toyota Altezza. They just bought it over here and I guess wanted amore luxury taste in it so they decided to make it a lexus lol.

If you only have 10k - 13k, you should go with the IS300. Reliability on the Lexus is going to be far better than the BMW's if you're going used.Maintenance on the BMW will also be more pricey as well. Get a nice BMW when you have the money. Personally I'd go with the BMW if money wasn't anissue. An IS300 with a turbo is a beast though.

Originally Posted by numbah1grimey

Which car is more aesthetically pleasing? I know both are high performance and well crafted but Im still debating which one I will be purchasing. Ive wanted an IS300 for the longest and Ive just become a BMW stan so IDK. I like both. Both can be had for about $10,000-13,000. How are they on gas? Maintenance, etc? And as far as 3 series are concerned, which model is the best to choose? 325i, 328i, etc?

8648868247.251958056.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

11412847363.261764062.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by jmedora

Originally Posted by damnneardeadstock

IS300>>>>>>>your life

supra engines, nuff said

and do you really wanna deal with an overpriced BMW?

And it's not the same engine, both Toyota straight 6, but an IS has a 2JZ-GE, while the supra has a 2JZ-GTE twin turbo. The only issue with IS300s is the fact that they didn't sell that well in the US, 3 series are everywhere, IS not so much.
not all supras have the the 2JZ-GTE engine, naturally aspirated supras have the 2JZ-GE, & its still a beast engine w/out turbo. Turbo isstill an aftermarket option though.

i'd say go with the is300, supra engine, good looks, & its good for tuning.
pimp.gif

& you have the reliability of toyota (ok, lexus..)

Originally Posted by SoleBreaker

^ That's because it was never a Lexus to begin with. It was manufactured in Japan under Toyota Altezza. They just bought it over here and I guess wanted a more luxury taste in it so they decided to make it a lexus lol.
in case you didn't know. that's not just with the IS. the entire lexus fleet from the 90s- early 00's were all originally japanesetoyota branded vehicles.
And it's not the same engine, both Toyota straight 6, but an IS has a 2JZ-GE, while the supra has a 2JZ-GTE twin turbo.
not every supra was TT. the NA supras have 2jzge's, the same as the IS.

as far as the OP's question. i'm a bastard so unless it was an M3, i couldn't mess with any other lower trim 3 series. so with that said, the IS islovely.
pimp.gif

IS300... its got a supra engine, its a toyota so its very reliable and less costly maintenance wise compared to a bmw, those altezza lights are mad sexy.

the 3 series its nice as well... but id only go for an M3 or 335i if its a bimmer

i don't see why people keep saying they want the is300 cause it has "supra engine".

the sc300 and gs300 also had the exact same "supra engine" so the engine in the is300 doesnt make it special although i think it's faster thanmaybe the regular 3 series.

i know that the lexus is a toyota in japan but the IS just doesn't look like a lexus. the front end looks crappy although i love the back. overall i ratherget a TSX but i think those cost a little more.

Originally Posted by numbah1grimey

Which car is more aesthetically pleasing? I know both are high performance and well crafted but Im still debating which one I will be purchasing. Ive wanted an IS300 for the longest and Ive just become a BMW stan so IDK. I like both. Both can be had for about $10,000-13,000. How are they on gas? Maintenance, etc? And as far as 3 series are concerned, which model is the best to choose? 325i, 328i, etc?

8648868247.251958056.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

11412847363.261764062.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Obviously the best is the 330i for a sedan or 330Ci for the coupe. Xi for AWD Or you can go big with a ZHP
happy.gif

lexus

own one. first car. best car ive driven. only 3 series worth buying is the m3 (i know its under the M series).

rarely tech / mech. problems...only time it sees the shop is for a pad / oil / belt change.

other than that, no complaints over here.

Originally Posted by jmedora

Originally Posted by damnneardeadstock

IS300>>>>>>>your life

supra engines, nuff said

and do you really wanna deal with an overpriced BMW?

And it's not the same engine, both Toyota straight 6, but an IS has a 2JZ-GE, while the supra has a 2JZ-GTE twin turbo. The only issue with IS300s is the fact that they didn't sell that well in the US, 3 series are everywhere, IS not so much.

Supras have the 2JZ-GE as well.

IS300 seems more sporty than BMW 3 Series unless its an M3. Get something you think you can afford in the long run so you can customize to your choice an aswell maintain. Can't wait to get my IS300.

Oh yea get IS300 2002+, you need that armrest.

Back
Top Bottom