20 years ago today....the Sega Genesis debuts

Probably my favorite device/electronic/toy/material item ever.

Sega fanatic.

The whole Sega image and culture still inspires my thought process to this day.

No Charles Hamilton.

Wait, someone post this song! http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ym2dwznkl5z

mad.gif
[

Originally Posted by kalikidd24

I remember getting my genesis as a kid. Felt amazing was so stoked.

Remember playing Outrun and trying to steer the car by moving the controller in the air like a Wiimote
laugh.gif

Revolution in entertainment.

I loved and was a addict for one of the nba live editions, use to play and be called for dinner all the time.pippens,harper The word 360!

If you didnt have this, you weren't doing it:

15420991_3ed9093c22.jpg

I remember this used to blow my friends minds, nh, on some "holy crap you can play 30 different games a month through your cable tv?!?!". I thinkthis sparked online gaming.

My favorite game system of all time. The good ol days playing sonic, earthworm jim, alter beast.

256px-Greendog_Cover_Art.jpg
greendog_the_beached_surfer_dude.gif

Played this til I caught a fever back in the day.

The word cold/fever got replaced with greendog in my house.

"You look like you caught that greendog B..."

Earthworm Jim, vectorman, toe jam and earl, comix zone ,SF, sonic + so much more FTW
pimp.gif

Great stuff. I still have mine in the closet. I liked Nintendo, but I loved my Sega.

still got my sega, nintendo, nintendo 64..etc.... and trust me all those sytems i have madd memories of when i was a kid.....

i remember everytime we have a huge family party at my aunts and all my cosins would bring there games over and we would play the best game out of everyonesall night till the party was finish. and ya know how us latinos party!!!!!...

[h1]Vote For The Next Xbox Live Genesis Game[/h1]
By Mike Fahey, 2:00 PM on Fri Aug 14 2009, 11,420 views (Edit, to draft, Slurp)
Copy this whole post to another site

Slurp cancel

progressIndicator_roller.gif

select site advertising consumerist deadspin defamer fleshbot gay fleshbot gawker gizmodo idolator io9 jalopnik jezebel kotaku lifehacker valleywag artists gawkershop sploid

Sega is celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Genesis by letting fans vote for the next Genesis title to appear on Xbox Live Arcade. Earthworm Jim fansunite!

Oh that's right. I just used Kotaku to further my own agenda. I wouldn't begrudge you a vote for Toejam & Earl either. Hell, just vote for bothon alternating days, see if we can't pull off a tie.
In celebration of the 20th anniversary of the Sega Genesis, we're putting the power back in the fans' hands and letting you determine the next title we'll release on Xbox LIVE Arcade! Just pick from the Genesis classics below and cast your vote between August 14th and August 21st

Other titles being voted upon include The Revenge of Shinobi, Streets of Rage, Shining Force, Golden Axe II, and Wonder Boy, none of which are anywhere nearbesting Jim and Toejam, currently dominating with 37 and 20 percent of the vote respectively.

So really, using Kotaku to further my agenda wasn't necessary, as my agenda is apparently yours as well. Go team!

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

which sega wrestling game had "doink" the clown? Honestly if anyone is selling some sega games pm me :-D.

WWF: Wrestlemania The Arcade game. He may have been in other ones though im not sure.

Back
Top Bottom