1st time going to Long Beach for Vacay. what is there to do?

Hey. I'm going to long beach, CA with my girlfriend for vacation. What fun things are there to do? We're both 23. We will be staying at her aunt's house in long beach and my girlfriend is going to borrow her cousin's car so getting around will not be a problem. Staying there from May 11th through the 18th. We like beaches, clubs, popular dining places that are affordable(in and out burgers is an example since we're form the east coast(philly) and there's no in- and-out burgers here), a lot of sight seeing, shopping areas, and just basic clean fun that are affordable. We're both in school so we like to get more bang for our bucks. We're both physically active and would like to do some out door activities, like jogging and horse back riding. Also, what places and things should we avoid would help too. Thanks NT! 

2nd street out here in Long Beach , Hermosa Beach for the bar scene. Downtown Fullerton as well.

Beaches... STAY FAR AWAY FROM LONG BEACH!!!! For the love of god, DO NOT GET IN THAT WATER!

Do you have a general area of where in Long Beach you'll be at? Maybe look up the address and give us the main cross streets? Could probably tell you where to avoid throughout in LB too
laugh.gif

Long Beach- Dowtown Long Beach, there is the Pike, Mai Tai Bar, V20 Club, and Kavikas and Roscoes Chicken and Waffles. Shopping, go to Proper (425 East 1st Street).

2nd Street (Belmont Shore) - Legends Sports Bar, La Creperie (Really good crepes), Frosted Cupcakes, Lucilles BBQ, Open Sesame. There is also some kayaking in this area.

Beaches- I would recommend going to Huntington Beach, one of the best beaches in the area. Main street there is also really nice.

Los Angeles- Go to melrose and fairfax area. Tons of shops and food places to go out there.

Hope this helps. Have fun in Socal!

Jump on the 710 North then take the 91 West to visit Compton, that's my city
pimp.gif

There's plenty to do out here, you'll have a good time. Feel free to hit me up if you need a tour guide or if you want to meet up while your out here. I'm not working right now so I have plenty of spare time, plus I don't mind helping another NTer out
glasses.gif
happy.gif

Beaches: Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Venice Beach
Good eats: Open Sesame, La Creperie, Roscoes, Georges Greek Cafe, Schooner or Later, Greenfield Churrascaria, La Parolaccia Osteria Italiana
Cheap eats: Taqueria La Mexicana, Long Beach Thai Restaurant, Hole Mole, The Deli News, Pho America
Shopping: Proper, Attic, Blends/Commissary, South Coast Plaza (big mall, your lady would like this), The Grove
Club/bars: Depends what kinda scene you're in...I personally go to OC/Hollywood for clubs/bars. Long Beach has v2o and Mai Tai (which are next to each other) and a buncha bars on Pike Street like Sevilla and Cohiba. OC I usually go to Sutra/Avec/Shark/Heat/Flight/DTF, Hollywood Opera/Kress/Cabana/Avalon/Les Deux/Circus.
Sight seeing: Queen Mary, Aquarium of LB, Walk of Fame, Getty, Venice Beach, Santa Monica Boardwalk

The restaurants and stuff are strictly Long Beach, but I know other places which are like 20-30min drive, but BOMB $%$ food that you gotta try like Boiling Crab (Cajun style seafood), Albatros (carne asada fries), Langers (pastrami sandwiches)..and more ethnic foods like all you can eat Korean BBQ Cham Sut Gol or ramen at Daikokuya/Santouka.

prolly the best thing to do is long beach is to go to the long beach peir where hey got the aquarium, v2o, movie theatre, and a buncha other stuff. There is not much in long beach though other than that. I suggest you get out of there and try to hitup downtown LA or OC area.

Back
Top Bottom