'12 Bulls

Noah is playing very well, everyone else is struggling. I somewhat expected this with us not having Rose and being on the last game of the road trip.

Taj is playing like straight !$%*
30t6p3b.gif

Boozer is a pathetic excuse for a human being, he was supposed to set the pick on Pietrus for CJ Watson, instead he let him get right past him.

Originally Posted by CDonWasHisName

Somebody needs to call a timeout so Boozer can go to the locker room. He is sweating his hairline out

I promise I told my man the same thing.  I knew I wasn't the only one and for some reason it always seems like this dude is involved when some garbage happens to the Bulls.  I would really like for him to succsed here though.

That shot Watson took down the stretch...
30t6p3b.gif

Like you said mike he was just out there chucking up shots

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

Boozer is a pathetic excuse for a human being, he was supposed to set the pick on Pietrus for CJ Watson, instead he let him get right past him.

I've been harping on this point for the last few weeks.  After his preseason injury and unimpressive season last year, I was willing to give the guy one more chance the first couple weeks this season.  But I'm through.  Boozer is a mediocre offensive player, terrible defensive player, and has no heart whatsoever.  That is not a good combination, especially for a guy that has a max contract.

Realistically, I don't know what the immediate solution is, but I've been past my breaking point with Carlos.  Today only confirmed everything I feel about dude.  Cannot create at all offensively, sets phantom screens, is uncertain with the ball, doesn't hustle at all, plays horrible half-court and transition defense, has an inconsistent jumpshot, fails to use his body to his advantage, etc.  The list goes on...

On another note, it's also been painfully apparent that Lucas is a complete liability on the court, both offensively (primarily) as well as defensively.  His lack of height, combined with only average speed creates a lot of problems for the Bulls offensively.  The man just dribbles around and can't even find or create passing lanes to even make basic passes half of the time.  Then he ends up jacking ill-advised shots, sometimes without even making a pass.

He lost what little athleticism he had. That's all there is to it. He's still above average as a perimeter PF but average or below in every other facet of the game. The thing is, Asik and Gibson have been just as disappointing on the offensive end. If Joakim could be even a marginal presence on offense, Boozer would not be needed. But he's not and the Bulls need a player like Boozer to stretch the defense. Or else I think the Bulls would have even more problems on offense against good teams. Off the top of my head, 88, 93, and 91 against LAL,MIA, and BOS. Pretty sure IND and PHI held the team to low-90s or lower as well.

pathetic excuse for a human...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

damb, how u really feel?

During his pregame press briefing, Rivers said his former assistant Thibodeau is somewhat like Patriots coach Bill Belichick because "he works so hard and he expects everybody to work as hard as him, which is impossible." Rivers recalled a story about how Thibodeau had two teams chasing him before helping persuade him to take the Chicago job. "He actually had two jobs and I grabbed him by the shoulder and said, `Are you kidding me? You have a chance to coach Derrick Rose and you're thinking about another job?' Are you nuts? I actually said, `If it's a penny to go there or $10 million to go to the other place, take the penny. In the long run you'll be able to coach."

It's evident that the team still needs another reliable scorer for the playoffs. JR Smith comes home this week...

Also I'm echoing the point that Van Gundy made. I too am starting to wonder about Rip and how he can be relied upon of at all. I know some on this board, specifically Cake I think, were really opposed to the Rip signing because of his age. I'd like to think management has thought of this as well, as perhaps a legitimate concern going into the trade deadline.

Otherwise, good win by the Celts...they needed a win more.

fellas, I'm gonna be praying for rose lke he one of my cousins..his back will make the difference between another dynasty and annual trips to NJ in May for the draft lottery..that much is evident

I would hope that with all the years of basketball, playing coaching and scouting, that the Bulls FO recognize we have to make a play for Smith.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Why wouldn't you amnesty Boozer at the end of the year?
Here is the junk you have to pick from if we do...

Power Forward
(name, team – 2011-12 salary – status)

Kevin Garnett, Boston Celtics – $21.2 million – Unrestricted
Tim Duncan, San Antonio Spurs – $21.2 million – Unrestricted
Michael Beasley, Minnesota Timberwolves – $6.3 million – Restricted ($8.2 million Qualifying Offer)
Brandon Bass, Boston Celtics – $4.3 million – Player Option ($4.3 million)
Kris Humphries, New Jersey Nets – $8.0 million – Unrestricted
Kenyon Martin, L.A. Clippers – $2.5 million – Unrestricted
Carl Landry, New Orleans Hornets – $8.5 million – Unrestricted
J.J. Hickson, Sacramento Kings – $2.4 million – Restricted ($3.4 million Qualifying Offer)
Elton Brand, Philadelphia 76ers – $17.1 million – Early Termination Option ($18.2 million)
Antawn Jamison, Cleveland Cavaliers – $15.1 million – Unrestricted
Shawne Williams, New Jersey Nets – $3.0 million – Player Option ($3.1 million)
Jason Thompson, Sacramento Kings – $3.0 million – Restricted ($4.1 million Qualifying Offer)
Marreese Speights, Philadelphia 76ers – $2.8 million – Restricted ($3.8 million Qualifying Offer)
Ryan Anderson, Orlando Magic – $2.2 million – Restricted ($3.2 million Qualifying Offer)
D.J. White, Charlotte Bobcats – $2.0 million – Restricted ($3.0 million Qualifying Offer)
Anthony Randolph, Minnesota Timberwolves – $2.9 million – Restricted ($4.0 million Qualifying Offer)
Ronny Turiaf, Washington Wizards – $4.4 million – Unrestricted
Troy Murphy, L.A. Lakers – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Boris Diaw, Charlotte Bobcats – $9.0 million – Unrestricted
Chris Wilcox, Boston Celtics – $3.0 million – Unrestricted
Ersan Ilyasova, Milwaukee Bucks – $2.5 million – Unrestricted
Darrell Arthur, Memphis Grizzlies – $2.0 million – Restricted ($3.0 million Qualifying Offer)
Louis Amundson, Indiana Pacers – $2.4 million – Unrestricted
Jason Maxiell, Detroit Pistons – $5.0 million – Player Option ($5.0 million)
Jordan Hill, Houston Rockets – $2.9 million – Unrestricted*
Craig Brackins, Phildelphia 76ers – $1.4 million – Unrestricted*
Chris Johnson, Portland Trail Blazers – $0.8 million – Unrestricted*
Derrick Caracter, L.A. Lakers – $0.8 million – Unrestricted
Brian Cook, L.A. Clippers – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Ian Mahinmi, Dallas Mavericks – $0.9 million – Unrestricted
Earl Clark, Orlando Magic – $1.2 million – Player Option ($1.2 million)
Luke Harangody, Cleveland Cavaliers – $0.8 million – Unrestricted*
Vladimir Radmanovic, Atlanta Hawks – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Ivan Johnson, Atlanta Hawks – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
Brian Scalabrine, Chicago Bulls – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Brian Cardinal, Dallas Mavericks – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Yi Jianlian, Dallas Mavericks – $0.8 million – Unrestricted
Vernon Macklin, Detroit Pistons – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
Reggie Evans, L.A. Clippers – $1.2 million – Unrestricted
Juwan Howard, Miami HEAT – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Shelden Williams, New Jersey Nets – $1.0 million – Unrestricted
Jared Jeffries, New York Knicks – $1.2 million – Unrestricted
Francisco Elson, Philadelphia 76ers – $0.9 million – Unrestricted
Lavoy Allen, Philadelphia 76ers – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
Jeremy Evans, Utah Jazz – $0.8 million – Unrestricted*

kIt was my pipe dream that Dwight Howard would shut up and become a free agent this summer...we then could amnesty Booz and sign Dwight outright

my dream was k love getting signed outright by us, but the fool went and signed an extension. d rose needs to network!

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

Power Forward
Junk?  I would take a lot of those guys over Boozer.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

He lost what little athleticism he had. That's all there is to it. He's still above average as a perimeter PF but average or below in every other facet of the game. The thing is, Asik and Gibson have been just as disappointing on the offensive end. If Joakim could be even a marginal presence on offense, Boozer would not be needed. But he's not and the Bulls need a player like Boozer to stretch the defense. Or else I think the Bulls would have even more problems on offense against good teams. Off the top of my head, 88, 93, and 91 against LAL,MIA, and BOS. Pretty sure IND and PHI held the team to low-90s or lower as well.

I agree with all of this.

Originally Posted by jdizzle75

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

Power Forward
Junk?  I would take a lot of those guys over Boozer.

Besides that, we could pick up one of those guys that's simply solid and pay him a quarter as much as Boozer would make.  We could rotate whoever that would be and Gibson and we would probably break even at the PF position, probably taking a dip as far as scoring but improvements in defense, heart, etc.  Then we could use that max contract money and spend it somewhere else... like a high-quality scoring SG... or an offensive-minded center... or (maybe) both...

Just imagine if we amnesty Boozer and were able to sign Dwight Howard!  (A long shot, I know...)  Our starting five would be: Rose, Brewer, Deng, Noah, and Howard.  With Watson, Hamilton, Korver, Gibson, and Asik coming off the bench.  DAMN

Hope D. Rose can recover soon...back injuries are no joke. We've all seen too many NBA greats fade into obscurity due to that type of injury.

On a side note, Bulls fans gotta be concerned about Thibbs playing dudes too long. With a big lead this guy still has starters out there. What's the point?

Originally Posted by red mpls

Besides that, we could pick up one of those guys that's simply solid and pay him a quarter as much as Boozer would make.  We could rotate whoever that would be and Gibson and we would probably break even at the PF position, probably taking a dip as far as scoring but improvements in defense, heart, etc.  Then we could use that max contract money and spend it somewhere else... like a high-quality scoring SG... or an offensive-minded center... or (maybe) both...

Just imagine if we amnesty Boozer and were able to sign Dwight Howard!  (A long shot, I know...)  Our starting five would be: Rose, Brewer, Deng, Noah, and Howard.  With Watson, Hamilton, Korver, Gibson, and Asik coming off the bench.  DAMN

The dynasty would be back in full force if ths were to happen...and b/c I'm greedy, scratch Rip and convince JR to play big minutes off the becnch at SG and SF
images

Originally Posted by gllahone84

Hope D. Rose can recover soon...back injuries are no joke. We've all seen too many NBA greats fade into obscurity due to that type of injury.

On a side note, Bulls fans gotta be concerned about Thibbs playing dudes too long. With a big lead this guy still has starters out there. What's the point?
Yup ... he needs to really address this now ... i'd rather lose him for the year and know he can come back with a good toe and back. Too young to be breaking down.
30t6p3b.gif

Thibs ain't learn his lessson from deng getting injured. stays oding on minutes

Back
Top Bottom