(10-3)Pittsburgh Steelers vs (9-4) Baltimore Ravens

^^ minus the Favre INT's, I like a more controlled Ben somewhere in between those two I guess. Just imagine if they went into the no-huddle throughtout thegame. Its when Arians gives 5-7 plays and Ben is at his best.

were about to be this years cleveland browns...

10-6, no playoffs..
smh.gif

We gotta hope that NWE and MIA lose 1 more game each then were in....

I'm not confident in next week, but we got JAC in week 17 no doubt...

Ravens own the tie breakers over NE and MIA, so we will be good if we handle business

The Ravens never get the close calls against The Steelers...we should be 2-0 against them this year

Only problem now is if they get home field, everybody has to play them on terrible heinz field

Wait .. The ball does NOT have to cross, right? As long as both feet are down with possession, right?
nerd.gif

Nah the ball still has to cross. Its not an out of bounds dispute. For it to be a touchdown some part of the ball must cross the plain of the goalline.Honestly I thikn that maybe the tip of the ball did cross but the fact that the call on the field was no touch down I dont think it should have beenoverturned. It should have been 4 and inches but whats done is done.

^If both feet are in the endzone? Because the ball doesn't need to cross in a pylon situation if your feet do (right?
laugh.gif
)... They got me confused

Originally Posted by JayDubH11

^If both feet are in the endzone? Because the ball doesn't need to cross in a pylon situation if your feet do (right?
laugh.gif
)... They got me confused

from what i have always understood... the ball has to cross the invisible plane that starts where the goal-line chalk starts.. even with the pylon situation,you have to get the ball inside the endzone for it to count.. i believe.

ehh...we needed this game. Im a big Mike Tomlin fan but if Flacco keeps the ball down today we win.....but good game short routes killed us that last drive.Just better beat Dallas next weekend.

honestly, who in the afc beats the stillers? i don't think any of the afc east teams can, not the titans, can't ever count out peyton, but against thisdefense...

the rule for touchdowns is the ball must break the plane of the endzone, which means any part of the ball (even the point of the nose) has to JUST be partlyover the line that marks the endzone. doesn't matter where his feet are (as long as they're inbounds) so i don't know why the ref mentioned that,his entire body could be in the endzone, but if the ball hasn't broken the plane, it's not 6

all i gotta say about this game is... a win is a win is a win. cot dam that was too close for comfort. until that last pick my heart was beating in slow motionand im sure my blood pressure was near heart attack status.

watching intense 4th quarters in a crowded bar ftw! and that timmons hit was
eek.gif
eek.gif
i was outta my seat before the dudes body hit the ground

So what happens if the quarterback throws the ball outside of the pylon and the receiver, with his toes planted in the end zone, leans out and makes the catch?

Because the vertical plane extends forever, but the horizontal plane ends at the two pylons, so, technically, the ball never crossed the plane.

Would they just rule it an incomplete pass?

Originally Posted by PrurientSole

So what happens if the quarterback throws the ball outside of the pylon and the receiver, with his toes planted in the end zone, leans out and makes the catch?

Because the vertical plane extends forever, but the horizontal plane ends at the two pylons, so, technically, the ball never crossed the plane.

I'm pretty sure they'd rule that a touchdown. Which I guess doesn't really make sense if you think about it.

Originally Posted by PrurientSole

I think the horizontal plane technically runs forever as well, so long as once the ball crosses it, you have two feet in bounds.

Back
Top Bottom