🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

KeVin Gates is a much better artist than Cole. His projects have replay value outside of two weeks, a more extensive subject matter, better harmonizing ability, better hooks. Gates kills Cole in every area, minus mass appeal, but that's coming. And above all BARS #bwa #idgt
Didn't u used to have the wayne avy and enjoy smashing older women
Man I felt like we were long lost brothers
I used to agree and have the same opinions as u on matters
Now u just straight whilin

My dude Rico stay trolling y'all. :lol:

I honestly think Cole is overrated and flat out boring. He did a great marketing job on FHD tho. Had everyone thinking he was the new Malcolm X when he just wanted record sells.

While Cole is boring at times I respect the fact that he does have something to say in music and he doesn't play it safe like most of this generation of rappers. And if dude just wanted to just sell records he woulda played it safe.

While Cole is boring at times I respect the fact that he does have something to say in music and he doesn't play it safe like most of this generation of rappers. And if dude just wanted to just sell records he woulda played it safe.

I applaud Cole for his approach to his music. He's a positive dude but he's the least innovative of any rapper in the spotlight right now. Compared to Kendrick and Drake he's a joke.

The promo for FHD was milking the Ferguson situation and going after white rappers. He was using the racial tension for his own benefit.

Cole has always sold records though. Every time he put out a album people are surprised at how good he does cuz his face ain't always out there. He got a loyal fan base. He ain't used that to make a profit. Sound like the man was speaking his mind to me.

And I'm not even a J Cole fan like that but dude puts way more substance in his music than Drake. Drake makes good music but most of his **** is about nothing. Kendrick has been able to do both. I'll leave it there cuz dudes get sensitive when you criticize Drake in here lol.

Last edited:

I applaud Cole for his approach to his music. He's a positive dude but he's the least innovative of any rapper in the spotlight right now. Compared to Kendrick and Drake he's a joke.

The promo for FHD was milking the Ferguson situation and going after white rappers. He was using the racial tension for his own benefit.

False

*looks at jazz and rock*

False

*looks at jazz and rock*

Cole still should of kept his mouth shut about the whole thing. He was clearly playing up his fake activism. Are y'all that gullible?

Holy hell you're misinformed.

You telling me Cole was the first rapper in ferguson and did a 2 min interview because he had to, but was there talking to the people of ferguson. And he marched in New York for the I can't breathe protest, and he used letterman to call out Obama to sell records? Seriously? The song he performed on letterman isn't even on FHD.

you just sound like an ill informed hater.

Holy hell you're misinformed.

You telling me Cole was the first rapper in ferguson and did a 2 min interview because he had to, but was there talking to the people of ferguson. And he marched in New York for the I can't breathe protest, and he used letterman to call out Obama to sell records? Seriously? The song he performed on letterman isn't even on FHD.

you just sound like an ill informed hater.

Yes that's what I'm telling you. Cole is a generic *** rapper he has to get attention somehow doesn't he? He was the hero to salty activists everywhere for damn near 2 moths for a reason. The biggest headlines he made last year was him calling out Iggy and white artists doing black music. That's an easy playbook to follow. Once again he's a smart dude cause it clearly worked out well for him. Still it just shows he no other way to really build up hype than cause controversy.

Last edited:
So being socially conscious...something the music was BUILT ON...means "trying to get attention".

Incredible...

:smh:

Not even gonna continue. you're very misinformed and obviously haven't listen to Coles music since the beginning.

:smh:

Not even gonna continue. you're very misinformed and obviously haven't listen to Coles music since the beginning.

He's always been a conscious dude sure but that doesn't mean he's not scheming on folks.

So being socially conscious...something the music was BUILT ON...means "trying to get attention".

Incredible...

He was being fake that's all I'm saying. He can pretend all he want's but I'm not falling for that.

That's enough about Cole for this evening. I'm already pissed that I didn't get to hear the tape :smh:

Dudes wilding in here with the Cole slander. I been rocking with homie since I caught him at a $10 wale show in NC back I like 08.

He has always been official with his subject matter. It's crazy to me that a rapper can't talk about what's going on in the world without it being seen as a gimmick. **** yall want him to talk about Instagram ******* and popping ace of spade/ dusse with Jay?

Cole so far more relatable than any rapper in his "class" it's pathetic. Dude has always found a way to connect with fans, and now that there is finally a system for him to drop an album with basic 100% creative control since singles no longer matter he gets hate....

**** outta here dudes can go back to listening to thong song 1000X then. Let's see how far hip hop takes us.

Dudes wilding in here with the Cole slander. I been rocking with homie since I caught him at a $10 wale show in NC back I like 08.

He has always been official with his subject matter. It's crazy to me that a rapper can't talk about what's going on in the world without it being seen as a gimmick. **** yall want him to talk about Instagram ******* and popping ace of spade/ dusse with Jay?

Cole so far more relatable than any rapper in his "class" it's pathetic. Dude has always found a way to connect with fans, and now that there is finally a system for him to drop an album with basic 100% creative control since singles no longer matter he gets hate....

**** outta here dudes can go back to listening to thong song 1000X then. Let's see how far hip hop takes us.
I agree with u 100%
But don't u DARE slander the thong song

We want Cole to give us another Friday Night Lights. It's pretty simple.

Blade Runner‏@BladeRunnerOVO

Drake - In Time ft. Eminem & The Weeknd

Drake x Eminem x Weeknd? :nerd: wonder that sounds like, if it's even true

Cole's always come across as one of the most humble and genuine guys in the game. Some people just can't stand to see other people make it to a certain point so they have to try and discredit what they've done with some contrived mess of excuses for why they became successful. He makes music people believe in and want to hear. That's why he was able to drop an album with little promotion and no singles and still move more copies week one than 90% of hip hop albums do total.

You can debate the music all you want. You don't have to like it. Call him garbage, boring, generic, whatever. But you just look silly when you start attacking his character and his motives like you know him personally. Gimmicks fade out just as quickly as they pop off. Cole's keeps moving more and more units with every release. He's only getting bigger so clearly he has a product that's been able to keep a core fancies coming back for more and more every time. Not many people doing that.

At the end of the day, Cole is cool. But his best body of work was FNL,no debate. Kevin Gates has far surpassed Cole in all the areas I mentioned before. I honestly don't see how anyone can argue against that. Gates is just a superior artist.

At the end of the day, Cole is cool. But his best body of work was FNL,no debate. Kevin Gates has far surpassed Cole in all the areas I mentioned before. I honestly don't see how anyone can argue against that. Gates is just a superior artist.

This is so ridiculous it's not even funny.

Gates had one great mix tape and followed it up with 3 average ones. FNL, Warm Up and Born Sinner >>> anything Gates will make.

Back
Top Bottom