🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

I actually agree with Budden here. The album is good, but Drake is capable of doing better. He can make hits with no effort, but it comes off uninspired at times.
On If you're reading this, I felt like it was a better blend of hits and a new sound.

album grew on me a little bit but it's my least favorite from him so far.

i expect alot of people to air Drake out for his mediocre peformance on this album, he really sold that hype really well. Apple capitalized on it perfectly, it hasn't been a week since it dropped and i already stopped listening to it constantly. if anything i went back to his older material instead.

Money just said drakes singing is a breath of fresh air to r&b
mean.gif
laugh.gif
the drake effect man. When u a fan of someone so much, it clouds judgement. Most of what they do is great to u.
Please let me know if my standom for Kanye ever gets that bad man.

Good grief

After listening to this in it's entirety again, I like it even less. Is easily his worst offering along with IYRTITL to me. I've also gained even more appreciation for NWTS...which I feel like what he was trying to do with Views but just executed horribly.

Rankings of Mt favorite projects now:

1. NWTS/TC
2. TML
3. CS
4. SFG
5. IYRTITL/VIEWS

best to worst

1. Take Care
2. Nothing Was The Same/So Far Gone
3. If Your'e Reading This It's Too Late
4. Thank Me Later

So Far Gone & If Your'e Reading This could be switched since both those projects got some of my favorite songs from him.

Last edited:
As a person that lovessss R&B, especially 90's R&B,

The writing plus singing is a nice breath of fresh air to the genre

Clearly you don't love R&B, especially 90s R&B.

Fresh air into R&B? How? He can't sing at all, the writing his basic as hell. There's real R&B out there that gets no attention because it's full of substance and not over these generic *** beats that everyone sounds like.

Tank - Sex, Love and Pain 2 is dope as ****.

:lol: the drake effect man. When u a fan of someone so much, it clouds judgement. Most of what they do is great to u.

Clouds judgement?

Fam it cant be that we just disagree, it has to be that me being a fan of drake somehow makes my opinion wrong and yours right

I swear some of yall :lol:

Clearly you don't love R&B, especially 90s R&B.

Fresh air into R&B? How? He can't sing at all, the writing his basic as hell. There's real R&B out there that gets no attention because it's full of substance and not over these generic *** beats that everyone sounds like.

Tank - Sex, Love and Pain 2 is dope as ****.

So because I like Drake's R&B I cant love 90's R&B?!

You guys are ridiculous man. Yall kill people for being drake fans then turn around and post **** like this :lol:

In my opinion, most of r&b is what antidope said, "baby I love you, baby take your shirt off" etc. and thats not the case with Drake's r&b

And, he may not be the best singer but to say he cant sing at all is a stretch to me. He sounds just fine singing live and on record

I don't know what award show it was but he walked out singing were going home and me and my girl bust out laughing. That ***** sounded terrible.

Hype is literally THEE only song I like on this album.....Terrible, then dude has the audacity to throw HotlineBling on there, bet dude thoughts he was doing it too. On some, yeah let's throw that **** on there, that will really set it off. Nah fam, GARBAGE. If Summer16 was on there it would have been the best song smh. Say what you want about Kanye his Albums never sound alike. This ish sounds like some scraps he had lying around.

:lol: @ the antidope bashing. I keep tryna tell y'all him and Dipset General are brothers.

I'm not here to appease you people. R&B is garbage genre of music that I don't listen to and if Drake didn't make it and sprinkle it in on his projects I would never hear it. That being said the stuff he makes is good enough to where I'm not hitting skip.

He makes the only R&B that I deem listenable ergo he's the best in my opinion.

Deal with it.

If you don't even listen to R&B how could you even come up with a silly claim of Drake being best in the genre?
I just said it above, he makes the only listenable R&B.

It is a garbage genre the most repetitive stuff you will ever hear. "Baby I love you" or "Baby I'm sorry" all that R&B is.

The irony is that Drake makes songs exactly like that. A lot of Drake's catalog is "I'm sorry, I miss you" and saving strippers.

Antidope is good in the sports forum but on music his opinions are straight trash. There's no logical way to explain hating R&B but loving Drake. A dude who's not even that good of a singer. He's good enough for those mellow type of joints. This like white people that hate rap but love Eminem.

Back
Top Bottom