🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

Nadal still wear cage 3, i also love this than cage 4, anyone know how to buy 2018-9 cage 3 for around 50-60$, ross ? tks
He still “wears” the ZC3s where we all know that it’s still the CB 4.3 mold (Air Max too) with the ZC3s upper. The ZC3s were from late 2017-2019. You can definitely not get them at Ross or any other discount retailers/department stores cause it’s an older model. I would suggest going through eBay and see, but I highly doubt you’ll find some for your asking price. All of them I’ve seen so far are ranging from $75-100. Good luck!

Gotta say...by the people wearing the Vapor Pro at the AO...
dunno...the design looks kinda delicate to me...
The Vapor NXT looks more solid, specially with that tough medial guard.

Rafa IW/Miami 21
EuDMSLhWgAIRrbU

EuDMTfuXAAoEINm

Gotta say...by the people wearing the Vapor Pro at the AO...
dunno...the design looks kinda delicate to me...
The Vapor NXT looks more solid, specially with that tough medial guard.
Haha delicate it seems, you saw the footage of the problems Fritz had with his Vapor Pro during his match against Nole? Wth!!

Rafa IW/Miami 21
EuDMSLhWgAIRrbU

A lot of green, at least 4 different t-shirts, in last 3 collections:

Fall '20
  • Green strike/(Black)
  • Volt/(Black)
HO '20
  • Dark atomic teal/(White)
SP '21:
  • Green glow/(Thunder blue)

It is as if the Nike designers got stuck in a rut of one color and didn't know how to get out. Coupled with the truly unoriginal design, can Nike really be surprised the sales are slow?

Haha delicate it seems, you saw the footage of the problems Fritz had with his Vapor Pro during his match against Nole? Wth!!
No, the problems he seemed to have (from what I saw) were 1) laces snapped cuz he was sliding so much, with the medial upper coming into contact with the surface... similar to the problem Tsitsipas has had. in the past... and 2) his ortho insoles were falling apart... he even had the trainer superglue what was left of them back together.

Well, for starters, every player slides differently, thus affecting different parts of their shoes. Rafa, Roger and Novak probably also wear brand new, broken-in shoes for each match. From the looks of Fritz's shoes and insole, it looks like he practices and plays his matches in the same set. I was surprised he didn't just get a new pair of insoles.

Couple observations
I noticed not as many nike players are wearing the henley and items that were held back as the last arrivals to the major retail websites. They're all over the map with what they're wearing from the collection. Kinda cool. In years past they would all wear the exact same so it's a nice departure so see them having more variety in the last few seasons. Yet I never saw anyone wear the white henley or tan shorts?
Also I might be wrong but Fritz has had problems with shoes before I believe he is hard on them.

Yeah his insole was destroyed and was super glued and i hope this thing here isnt the same weak spot that the vapor 9.5 has :tongue: hope its just sliding marks.
aasd.jpg

Here is some footage:

IMHO that is a step back.
Because the Vapor X has more rubber protection in that area.
Protection should be better than the Vapor X if not the same.
Making a weakness of what was already covered is a step back.
Not the case with the Vapor NXT thankfully. But that price...

It's many players that wear out that spot from dragging the medial side.
Lots of brands add protection there since ages.
They should definetly address that for the next batches and colorways,
and make the Vapors the best speed shoe.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 1.33.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 1.33.06 PM.png
    361 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Couple observations
I noticed not as many nike players are wearing the henley and items that were held back as the last arrivals to the major retail websites. They're all over the map with what they're wearing from the collection. Kinda cool. In years past they would all wear the exact same so it's a nice departure so see them having more variety in the last few seasons. Yet I never saw anyone wear the white henley or tan shorts?
Also I might be wrong but Fritz has had problems with shoes before I believe he is hard on them.

Don’t think I’ve seen the white Henley yet either, except for the one in my closet 😎
Have seen the tan shorts, but the Aussie who wore them lost in the 2nd or 3rd round

Anyone in US interested in ordering one of these with me. Might get black and navy and would like to capture 3 item discount to soften the blow of overseas shipping.

Finally got them!! Forgive the background, was in a rush to get out of the house.
I feel they run a tad bit, however the cushioning is very good, does not feel at all like a vapor... I also got the new adidas Ubersonic 4 and will play with them later this afternoon to compare the comfort, grip, and feel. So far the NXT gave me a blister on the top of my left pinky after playing with them for 3 hours this morning.

Attachments

• B8AB12A2-9C43-441F-83B7-0EEA1B9335B6.jpeg
    B8AB12A2-9C43-441F-83B7-0EEA1B9335B6.jpeg
    244.5 KB · Views: 222
  • AEB5E747-6613-4507-9215-58232691DF29.jpeg
    AEB5E747-6613-4507-9215-58232691DF29.jpeg
    288.4 KB · Views: 330
  • 7166C8A1-6FB6-4879-B8AF-F37E30A54BA4.jpeg
    7166C8A1-6FB6-4879-B8AF-F37E30A54BA4.jpeg
    288.4 KB · Views: 514
Finally got them!! Forgive the background, was in a rush to get out of the house.
I feel they run a tad bit, however the cushioning is very good, does not feel at all like a vapor... I also got the new adidas Ubersonic 4 and will play with them later this afternoon to compare the comfort, grip, and feel. So far the NXT gave me a blister on the top of my left pinky after playing with them for 3 hours this morning.
I feel like these are more of a follow up to the zoom zero. Playing the white/volt for the last week. Think I like them. Curious how you’ll feel about them. Did you size down?

Looking forward to your comparison. Took a look at the NXT's at my local shop yesterday, gonna give them a try on next time I'm there

They run a bit long?

Back
Top Bottom