🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

Rafa back to his 4.3's despite practicing in LB's. Hmmm.

Rafael+Nadal+BNP+Paribas+Open+Day+6+gaQSTvyL__Rx.jpg

BNP+Paribas+Open+Day+6+PCMCBOR7I8yx.jpg

Well, nike might be kicking themselves (no pun intended) that their signature player can't bring himself to wear his new signature shoe. That's what you get for letting Rafa use that same shoe for 2 years! On the other hand, it's refreshing to see Fed, add more volleying to his arsenal. His 9.5's are so easy on the eyes with the bold graphics and eye popping colors.
P, some new additions to the collection
408952665.jpg

Have any fellow old Agassi fans ever encountered one of these Challenge Court pins along the way?  Purchased it off eBay from a seller in France not long ago and wondering if it's a '91 French Open promo item (via the purple).  The seller dated it to '92 but the previous year seems more likely, no?  Size is 5/8 x 1 1/16".  

^ Damn, nice pick-up.  And I agree... looks more like a 1991 souvenir. 

In 1992, he wore the ATC IV's at Roland Garros, which was more blue than purple. 

nike-air-tech-challenge-iv-4-5.jpg

Fred ~ I know nothing about Diadora, but those black ones look pretty nice.  What are the old-school ones?

I think that Fed's always been a good volleyer, but it seems like the biggest difference now is that his approach-shots are a lot better, which of course, gives him an easier put-away volley.  

Fred ~ I know nothing about Diadora, but those black ones look pretty nice.  What are the old-school ones?
I think that Fed's always been a good volleyer, but it seems like the biggest difference now is that his approach-shots are a lot better, which of course, gives him an easier put-away volley.  

Borg elites- I wanted the white blue striped pair when Hanon-shop did some limited editions about 5 years ago. I passed unknowingly that they would fit a full size too big.

anyone knows what are next vapor 9.5 tour ( federer) ? i am looking for new tennis shoe for clay

i dont like so much the colour of red shoes ( for clay )

where can i future models?:smile:

and on "nike.com" there are only your first model and last ( red )

i dont like so much the colour of red shoes ( for clay )

where can i future models?:smile:

and on "nike.com" there are only your first model and last ( red )
Look up this page on facebook "TennisSpree". Since federerfan07 was contacted by Nike to stop posting pictures of the catalogs on his site, this has been the best resource by far. You can even see the upcoming clothing for the summer and us open.

I really love the V9.5, but I just cant get behind some of the colorways. I really love the graphical design on them. It reminds me a lot of what tinker said about the ATCII (and I'm paraphrasing) "they look like they are going 80 miles an hour but they are just sitting there".

Did Tinker have a hand in designing the V9.5 as well? I think the V9 has to be one of the best vapor designs ever for me.

i love design of vapor 9 asweel.. hope they are goona do good shoes now in the 9.5 

^Not feeling it to be honest.

In retrospect, I haven't really liked many of the colorways that we've seen which is disappointing.

On the other hand, the colors on the vapor silhouette still looks decent.

^ wondering the same thing. I like the design and CWs of the Lunarballistics but it weirds me out that Nadal doesn't wear them, even when his are the suped up versions.

Last edited:
He played Dubai (or was it Doha, or Abu Dhabi?) in the LB's and practiced in Oz with them... but came match-time, he switched back to the CB4.3's.  Initially, we thought it was cuz of how hot it was down-under... CB4.3's have better ventilation.  

Then at Rio (clay), he wore his LB PE's in matches...

Rafael+Nadal+ATP+Rio+Open+2014+9p2UlyX9Oonx.jpg

But at Indian Wells and Miami, he went back to the CB4.3's.  

Rafael+Nadal+Sony+Ericsson+Open+Day+6+SULdW3E1qQ-x.jpg

Who knows... maybe he'll switch back to the LB's for the clay court season. 

Unrelated, and perhaps I'll get skewered for this, but does anyone here in this little pocket of the web want to vote for my Wimbledon poster entry on ESPN?  

www.espn.com/postercontest
(#6)

While you're right that this probably isn't the place, I think we can all take a break appreciate good graphic design. I voted for you (all the entries are great!)

^, nice work dude, voted! Can Nike make a Max Breathe Cage again, that would be great!

Back
Top Bottom