Color: Hot Lime/Black

CourtBallistec386171-300.jpg

Nike Air Max Court Ballistec 2.3 Tennis Shoe Mens 386171-104

Color: White/Black/Hot Lime

Look familiar?

CourtBallistec386171-104.jpg

Nike Air Max Breathe 2K10 McEnroe Tennis Shoes Mens 386476-004

Color: Black/Challenge Red

I don't know what makes these "McEnroe", other than the checkered tongue... 

Breathe2K10MAC386476-004.JPG
^^^^
White/Lime/Black 2.3's look DOPE!!!  Those are a must have!!

P

P,

Figured I would take a few pics of shoes and racquets that I am using currently and have used in the past.  I too used the original Prince Graphite oversize from about '91-2006, and about 3 years ago switched to the Graphite NXG midplus.  Its the closest I could get feel wise to the old Graphite and is still pretty slim profile wise. Pics to follow. 

P,

Figured I would take a few pics of shoes and racquets that I am using currently and have used in the past.  I too used the original Prince Graphite oversize from about '91-2006, and about 3 years ago switched to the Graphite NXG midplus.  Its the closest I could get feel wise to the old Graphite and is still pretty slim profile wise. Pics to follow. 

As promised, here are some pics.  My son Holden, the "hold" part of Bryscooplaygrifhold was excited about the pics and wanted in on the action.  I can't say enough about the Prince NXG.  I never thought I would use anything but the original graphite once I played with it for about 5 years, but this thing is every bit as good and responsive in many the same ways the original was.  I am probably around a 4.5 player on a good day but could play anywhere between 4.0-5.0 depending on how in shape and dedicated I am.  Currently not much of either so probably on the low end of that spectrum.  I have some more pics with racquets and current shoes in play, but I guess they were too big so I need to re-size them.
63736de644eac181d57df403b5ecad0f28c808bd.pjpg

^ Good stuff Brys... 4-stripe POG! I've got 2 of those, but have since retired them.  Does Holden play?

I've never played with the NXG, but if I were to choose one of the new-generation sticks, I'd want to try out the EXO Graphite 100. Sorta the next-gen Graphite I suppose. Don't have a clue as to what those EXO3 ports do though... gimmicky perhaps?

BTW people, TennisWarehouse (as well as MidwestSports) are both good spots for tennis stuff... I've purchased from both and both are very legit.
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/index.html
http://www.midwestsports.com/default.asp

Bumped because Rafa and Fed are both wearing pink for the US Open series event in Montreal!
Perfect Pink for Fed and Solar Red for Rafa... 

de7d33d560fa981930c59db23d3fc617-getty-95896367ms048_rogers_cup.jpg
34f995c8b2adf33b6bfa15ed6cbd7606-getty-95920452ms055_rogers_cup.jpg

^
Meh. Even the winter stuff doesn't get me going. Really enjoyed spring. Looking forward to 2011. That's the problem with knowing this stuff early. Next years shoes and colorways are looking great.

Originally Posted by VanillaFreak13

^
Meh. Even the winter stuff doesn't get me going. Really enjoyed spring. Looking forward to 2011. That's the problem with knowing this stuff early. Next years shoes and colorways are looking great.
I agree with P a few posts back when he said that Fed's 2011 stuff looked more like Rafa's should and vice versa.  From what I have seen, I like Feds colors better for '11.  Has anyone gotten volts, neon/white splash's, or 2010 McEnroe colorway?  I am curious to see how any/all look on feet other than theirs.  P -  Holden doesnt play yet but his older two brothers do!  Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately from an equpment standpoint, the older two seem to prefer basketball and soccer over Tennis at this point.

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

63736de644eac181d57df403b5ecad0f28c808bd.pjpg
Danm fool, we use the same rackets NXG 760 mid plus, however I stayed with the mid on the other. I used to buy pairs but stopped on the 760 and it was a demo. I'm curious on the current hybrid types and was thinking about Babalot. Anybody use or have tried them?

Originally Posted by T21D

Danm fool, we use the same rackets NXG 760 mid plus, however I stayed with the mid on the other. I used to buy pairs but stopped on the 760 and it was a demo. I'm curious on the current hybrid types and was thinking about Babalot. Anybody use or have tried them?
Funny you should mention the new types of rackets.  As I mentioned before, I also used the oversize Graphite and Donnay Pro-One (of which I have 2 of each too!) for 15+ years, but over the weekend I hit with my friend's new Head Speed Pro and was pleasantly surprised.  I didn't like his full-poly stringjob, but the racket itself had a nice feel to it.  This got me thinking about possible looking at new rackets, just to see what the deal was.  
The thing with me, and I guess for you guys too, is that we're all used to playing with more flexi, , heavy, head-light rackets, which is more "old-school".  While these newer sticks seem to focus more on stiffer materials, that are lighter and more neutrally balance or even slightly head-heavy.  Ultimately it comes down to "if it ain't broke, then don't fix it" or "is it time to move on?"... after all, 15 years is a long time.  

I've been looking at the latest version of the Graphite, which is the EXO3 Graphite (http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpage-PXOG1H.html#spec).  The reviews have generally been positive and the specs look pretty similar to the POG.  My only concern is that its 2pts head-light, which is quite different from the POG/Pro-One which was around 6-7pts head-light.  This'll take some getting-used-to.  The stick also has these "port" holes on the side which I have no idea what they're for... Hmmm... no demo programs for me here, so I'll have to do a bit more research.

Sorry, not a very "Nike Tennis"-post.

^

Heads up, lots of good Nike Tennis stuff just hit Nordstrom Rack from the Spring collection.

For you guys that are complaining about the new rackets give some lead tape on the inside of the throat a try. Increases the overall weight and gives you the feel you're probably looking for.

I used to play the Wilson Rok, 6.0 and now the BLX Tour. However I need something a little more forgiving when I teach or play competitively. I've done this with my past Vantage custom rackets and now trying it on my BLX Surge. Great results.

Be wary of poly's too. Especially strings like Luxilon. They usually will hurt your arm for the first week or so and then you get used to it. That's why people usually hate the feel initially. Once they settle they are amazing strings.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Funny you should mention the new types of rackets.  As I mentioned before, I also used the oversize Graphite and Donnay Pro-One (of which I have 2 of each too!) for 15+ years, but over the weekend I hit with my friend's new Head Speed Pro and was pleasantly surprised.  I didn't like his full-poly stringjob, but the racket itself had a nice feel to it.  This got me thinking about possible looking at new rackets, just to see what the deal was.  
The thing with me, and I guess for you guys too, is that we're all used to playing with more flexi, , heavy, head-light rackets, which is more "old-school".  While these newer sticks seem to focus more on stiffer materials, that are lighter and more neutrally balance or even slightly head-heavy.  Ultimately it comes down to "if it ain't broke, then don't fix it" or "is it time to move on?"... after all, 15 years is a long time.  

I've been looking at the latest version of the Graphite, which is the EXO3 Graphite (http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpage-PXOG1H.html#spec).  The reviews have generally been positive and the specs look pretty similar to the POG.  My only concern is that its 2pts head-light, which is quite different from the POG/Pro-One which was around 6-7pts head-light.  This'll take some getting-used-to.  The stick also has these "port" holes on the side which I have no idea what they're for... Hmmm... no demo programs for me here, so I'll have to do a bit more research.

I am intrigued by the EXO3 Graphite, but I really have very few complaints with the NXG Graphite.  It took me awhile to get used to it, and no I am not sure I wanna switch again.  In any case, I may demo one of these newer versions and see if there is anything markedly better about them.  I am waffling on whether I want the neon Courtballistecs or the Johnny Mac 2010 breathe cage.  Any inupt fellas?  I don't see room in the budget for either frankly, but may very well break down.

I am intrigued by the EXO3 Graphite, but I really have very few complaints with the NXG Graphite.  It took me awhile to get used to it, and no I am not sure I wanna switch again.  In any case, I may demo one of these newer versions and see if there is anything markedly better about them.  I am waffling on whether I want the neon Courtballistecs or the Johnny Mac 2010 breathe cage.  Any inupt fellas?  I don't see room in the budget for either frankly, but may very well break down.

^

Heads up, lots of good Nike Tennis stuff just hit Nordstrom Rack from the Spring collection.

For you guys that are complaining about the new rackets give some lead tape on the inside of the throat a try. Increases the overall weight and gives you the feel you're probably looking for.

I used to play the Wilson Rok, 6.0 and now the BLX Tour. However I need something a little more forgiving when I teach or play competitively. I've done this with my past Vantage custom rackets and now trying it on my BLX Surge. Great results.

Be wary of poly's too. Especially strings like Luxilon. They usually will hurt your arm for the first week or so and then you get used to it. That's why people usually hate the feel initially. Once they settle they are amazing strings.
The 6.0 and BLX Tour essentially feel the same right?  I've always wondered if there were significant differences in those Fed-models they keep releasing.    
Tried the K-Factor KPro Staff 88?  12.:nerd:z!  I can't imagine lasting more than 20 mins with that 
laugh.gif

But you do bring up some good points.  I was thinking of actually lead-ing up the handle (if I do feel the swingweight's too high).  I wouldn't go so far as to saying that I'm "complaining" 
tongue.gif
 about the new sticks.  The word "apprehensive" comes to mind for me... not knowing what to expect.  

You've customized with Vantage?  What kind of stuff did they do?  

Brys ~ We just got the black/volt Rafa's here... they look ok, though I'm not too keen on the color blocking.  The white ones are much nicer.  But seriously, you know you'll cave when you see them on the shelves. 
laugh.gif
  I think the Rafas look better than the breathe frees, but I think the breathe frees are a better shoe than the Rafas.  

http://vantagetennis.com/

You can customize your racket based on what you want. Head size, handle shape, string pattern. There are limited choices, but the feel is similar to the old Wilson hypercarbons. A little more solid feel and thud to them, mostly because they inject the frame with foam. If you keep your eyes open around Jan, Feb they have anniversary sales that bring the cost down. I'm back on staff with Wilson and very happy. The BLX Tour is a beast of a racket. Really a scalpel. I won't say it feels like a 6.0. I don't think anything will ever feel like a 6.0 (st. vincent or others included). Now I want to try a BLX 95, but I'm sure it won't be the same. It's the box frames that I love. Serve and volleyer here.

Anyone going to the US Open? The rumors are swirling about the US Open exclusives again. Can anyone hook me up?

Here's the Nike window at the US Open giving a sneak peek. Courtesy of eddie0205 @ tenniswarehouse

http://i4.photobucket.com...eidhell0205/IMG_0093.jpg

i'm likeing the shirt

http://i4.photobucket.com...eidhell0205/IMG_0094.jpg

I've always been apprehensive about the newer technologies as well. I've been playing the same batch of Head Prestige Classic's since around 1995. Throughout the years, I've tried a few of the newer sticks from the Prestige line. The only ones that got my attention were the i Prestige, and the new Youtek Prestige. I wish I had picked up more of the i Prestige when they were readily available. 
I'm finally making the full switch over to the Youtek with some customization (lead, and leather replacement grips). I'm down to two of my original classics, and finding replacements is both tough, and expensive. Head did release a batch that TW was selling a few years back, but they were apparently different from the original's (different factory/ materials/ processes) from what I heard. 

At this point, it's time to give in to the newer stuff. Although I do enjoy hunting down a stick I've wanted, I like knowing that if something happens, I can just pick up a new one no hassle. That is until the next Head "technology" is released. For the most part, I've always played Head, with the occasional Pro Staff mixed in.

As for the US Open Nike's: I had a feeling that although the Black/Lime look cool in pictures, they would in the end look strange in person. 

I'm picking up a pair of the black 2K10's this weekend, and possibly the white/Lime 2.3's. Only if the 2.3's don't feel like bricks on the feet. I have a feeling that they might, just because all I've played in the last 6 years are the BFII's, Vapor Line, and Breath Cage line.

If I remember, I'll update with pictures.

Oh, adding to SinnerP's list of legit online retailers: www.tennisexpress.com is also a good place for supplies. Got some Oscillates from them a few years back. 

Here's the Nike window at the US Open giving a sneak peek. Courtesy of eddie0205 @ tenniswarehouse

i'm likeing the shirt
laugh.gif
 they had that angry ball shirt last year too... good stuff.
eek.gif
 at the neon yellow 2.2s (yes, not 2.3)!  Too bright, but I kinda want... 
embarassed.gif

I'm not going to Flushing unfortunately.  
ohwell.gif

Looks like we're all in similar situations, just different sticks... the POG, PS original or the Prestige.  All classics in their own right. 
smokin.gif

Vanilla ~ Do the St. Vincents really feel that different?  Whats your handle on TW by the way?

APlus ~ 1995 Prestige Classic... was that the red one or the black/green head guard?  Muster and Ivanisevic 
pimp.gif

Leather grip + Tournagrip is the way to go!

Geez... and I thought NTer's didn't play tennis... 

EDIT ~ Speaking of which, the Nike NYC tees are up on TW.

Slightly disappointed... just not feeling most of the tees. 
tired.gif

NM7068T-1.jpg
NM7068T-3.jpg

This ain't happening.

NMN10DP-1.jpg

NMN10LO-BK-1.jpg
NMN10LO-BK-3.jpg

NMN10CS-1.jpg

NMN10PO-GR-1.jpg

NMN10SL-GY-1.jpg

NMN10MB-1.jpg
NMN10MT-1.jpg

NMN10DF-1.jpg

My handle is Prostaffer on TW.

The trend is for rackets/racquets to constantly get lighter. It's just because the consumer usually picks one up unstrung in a sportmart and shakes it. They'll always trend towards lighter. Those of us that grew up playing heavier rackets will just prefer it. I'm not a fan of removing grips, putting on heavier ones and so on. I've also given up on putting lead in the hoop. I'm not a maniac who measures swingweight so I put it in the throat and call it a day.

No, I hear ya... I don't tinker with every single gram and whatnot, but I do like to look at specs. The geek in me I suppose.

After the "Wilson Hammers" in the mid-90's I didn't think we'd see that many light/head-heavy sticks. Guess that trend really stuck.

No, I hear ya... I don't tinker with every single gram and whatnot, but I do like to look at specs. The geek in me I suppose.

After the "Wilson Hammers" in the mid-90's I didn't think we'd see that many light/head-heavy sticks. Guess that trend really stuck.
Thinking of the "Hammer" really made me chuckle at my PC.  I don't have any clue what exact specs are, I just know what feels "right" to me and for the longest time it was the Orig. Prince Graphite.  From '91 or so up until about 2005.  Once I broke my second to last one, I figured it was time to try and find something else and retire the last intact one I had.  I found that with the NXG, I didn't mind going down in head size and the feel remained very similar.  I liked the oversize in the graphite, but now I would stay 100 or less with any further Prince products.  For some reason, I really can't use anything other than Prince.  I too dabbled with some Donnay models and even a "Wimbledon" brand racquet before the Prince Graphites, but nothing else compares for me.  I will say with whatever I use, I tend to use a 16 gauge syn.gut or even durablend.  I tend to like a "dead" or very minimal pop of the racquet when the ball hits it, and don't like the trampoline effect.  Has been that way for me ever since I remember playing competitively around age 12.  This thread is making me want to get back "into" it a little more and maybe play some tournaments.  I like those neon 2.2's up above, and for some reason I like the Isner T-shirt as well.  The angry tennis ball is a bit corny, but I guess its aight. Hopefully someone cops the neon 2.2s and reviews.  I too think the 2.3s are clunky, but I don't mind heavy tennis shoes as long as they are supportive and durable.  Sorry for the ramble in advance.  Procrastinating today with work.

My handle is Prostaffer on TW.

The trend is for rackets/racquets to constantly get lighter. It's just because the consumer usually picks one up unstrung in a sportmart and shakes it. They'll always trend towards lighter. Those of us that grew up playing heavier rackets will just prefer it. I'm not a fan of removing grips, putting on heavier ones and so on. I've also given up on putting lead in the hoop. I'm not a maniac who measures swingweight so I put it in the throat and call it a day.
I'm the same way about adding lead. I've added some to my new Youtek's, but I don't weigh every detail like some kids nowadays do. I just add a little, if it feels right, it feels right. It seems like all of the posts I read on Tennis Warehouse, are kids more worried about the racquet specs, than their game. Maybe I'm just getting older and grumpy. I just don't remember anyone back in the 90's getting this obsessed, except for pro's. 
I never thought of adding leather as a means of adding weight. I only just started doing it because the Youtek Prestige Mid comes with a synthetic grip. All I've ever played since juniors was leather. 

SinnerP- They are the dark red Prestige Classic 600 Star Trek font. I love them, but they are starting to show their old age. It's time they took a back seat. I'd like to at least be able to break them out on days I'm hitting on all cylinders.

Some of those US Open shirts are pretty cool. I just never felt right about wearing shirts from events unless I attended them. I think I still have some early-mid 90's US Open shirts lying around. If I can find them I will post them here. 

I'm curious to see if Nike releases an exclusive Federer shoe this year, knowing that he is been playing in a PJ from last year. 

Oh yeah...on Tennis Warehouse my ID is admerr.

Back then the only 'specs' I knew was the tension of my strings, and it was just 1 type of string on the frame too... hybrid/blending was rare for the recreational player (though Prince did offer the ThunderBlend).  Never once leaded up my POG either.  

Prior to getting on TW (sinner) a few years ago, I really had no clue what all these swingweight, headlight/heavy, etc specs were. The thing is, with the Internet now, kids like to discuss the exact setup of their fav. players and try to copy that. I wonder if they're aware that a setup is a personal preference and that it won't actually make them hit like Fed or Rafa. 
eyes.gif

Some NYC boys tees

NBN10VR-1.jpg
NBN10RT-1.jpg

And now... mass-pics-update.  Nike Media

Appears to be the NYC skyline on the heel.

US Open Nike Event

(and yes, thats Bar Refaeli 
nerd.gif
... don't know if she plays tennis, but frankly, I don't really care 
smokin.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom