🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava 🎾

Resell keeps going up. $400 now for size 13. Makes me wish I would’ve ordered at $300. It’s the principle though. I shouldn’t have to spend two to three times the amount on a shoe. This is ridiculous.

I ordered originally at $265 and the seller cancelled. Sigh.

Resell keeps going up. $400 now for size 13. Makes me wish I would’ve ordered at $300. It’s the principle though. I shouldn’t have to spend two to three times the amount on a shoe. This is ridiculous.

Same size 12 $262 then the jump at $282 and you know the rest I'm mad I didn't hope on the 12.5 at $285

So from not being able to find any... I've now got 2 pair.

The second costing me $120 less than the first. Wouldn't call it a come-up... but it was too reasonable to pass up given stock numbers and big-size gang woes in the UK.

Will be selling a pair to make the other pair work out to be as cheap as I possibly can.

So from not being able to find any... I've now got 2 pair.

The second costing me $120 less than the first. Wouldn't call it a come-up... but it was too reasonable to pass up given stock numbers and big-size gang woes in the UK.

Will be selling a pair to make the other pair work out to be as cheap as I possibly can.

What size are you?

I ordered several pairs figuring at least one seller would cancel and they did. Got one for a good deal then paid more than I wanted to for the others but it was worth it for me even though I hate the resale game.

Hmmm....impossible to compare with those pics.

Definitely agree this was intentional artificially created demand. As per the 180s, I don't care what colorways they launch after nor how limited they are, I only wanted the UM and these Lavas....Maybe hype for other colorways help with the general pop, however, most people wouldn't even have knows these existed if they weren't paying attention, no?

I'll show you the exact moment these went from not cared about by the general pop, to the most sought after sneaker of the summer (1:04:25)

In the video it's 10:10AM on release day and pairs were still sitting in good sizes on some boutique sites because kids/resellers had no interest in hoarding these. They were still making fun of them. Gen pop was still was waiting for discount, or thinking Nike doing a fake sell out and they'll catch them later. At that timestamp when a kids says "Look at the price jump on stock x!"

THATS when you see the energy change around these and gen pop suddenly "becoming aware" panicking and NEEDING them ASAP. So did they pay attention to know these existed? To stock x maybe. But no amount of Nike marketing and branding could do for these what a quick "Look at the price going up" did in terms of general relevance

As someone who has refused to play the resell game for the last five years and caved on this purchase, I have zero regret. Best executed retro, from top to bottom, in quite some time. This is easily one of my all time favorite shoes. If you’re still riding the fence, don’t sleep. This is a keeper. Fingers crossed that they continue this trend with further Agassi releases.

Reactions: ejb
I'll show you the exact moment these went from not cared about by the general pop, to the most sought after sneaker of the summer (1:04:25)

In the video it's 10:10AM on release day and pairs were still sitting in good sizes on some boutique sites because kids/resellers had no interest in hoarding these. They were still making fun of them. Gen pop was still was waiting for discount, or thinking Nike doing a fake sell out and they'll catch them later. At that timestamp when a kids says "Look at the price jump on stock x!"

THATS when you see the energy change around these and gen pop suddenly "becoming aware" panicking and NEEDING them ASAP. So did they pay attention to know these existed? To stock x maybe. But no amount of Nike marketing and branding could do for these what a quick "Look at the price going up" did in terms of general relevance

So Nike made them really limited to create hype......Lets say these release in the Olympic Jordan 6 numbers. I think you still see them will full size runs everywhere.

At the end of the day this sell out will get Nike to retro more pairs but still...gotta be a better way to still get a sell out and get closer to meeting demand.

So Nike made them really limited to create hype......Lets say these release in the Olympic Jordan 6 numbers. I think you still see them will full size runs everywhere.

At the end of the day this sell out will get Nike to retro more pairs but still...gotta be a better way to still get a sell out and get closer to meeting demand.

I think the point is to NOT meet demand; it feeds the strategy.

When this sneaker launched back in the day I thought it was so amazing. Had a grade school teacher who was traveling to Portland and offered to pick them up for me. When he returned stating they were sold out I was so deeply disappointed. He did bring back the AM1 Reds. I thought the enormous bubble was so freak'n awesome, but never quite got over my disappointment not getting the ATCII; always loved the plastic and details. When I saw the Jordan 4 my obsession shifted over there.

Wasn't until '19 that I got these, and they've come in and out of rotation over the years. Really hoping this version brings back the nostalgia with the greatly improved shape and somewhat subdued look with the not-so-freak'n-bright-white upper. My history with this shoe is the ONLY way I was able to justify paying resell.

Still think the midsole is too yellow to make these perfect; would have preferred the more subtle look of the Reimagined 3s; that's about my tolerance for this aging theme.

There were no early pics, review videos…literally nothing because there was no stock. Thats why the price jumped. Nobody even watches that dudes videos. you been like tireless trying to break this release down for days and nothing you saying makes sense. Im about to start arguing with jshortt jshortt again just to cancel out your takes:rofl::rofl:

There were no early pics, review videos…literally nothing because there was no stock. Thats why the price jumped. Nobody even watches that dudes videos. you been like tireless trying to break this release down for days and nothing you saying makes sense. Im about to start arguing with jshortt jshortt again just to cancel out your takes:rofl::rofl:

I don't usually get involved in debates, but I don't think he was saying this guy has any influence. I think the point of people coming to this understanding on their own around release time resulted in some spike in demand by resellers. I think this is a valid take.

Realistically they could have dropped multiple times the volume that they did and still sold out with the same "brand appeal" affect. Hind-site is 20/20, but this seems obviously too low leaving money on the table for Nike.

I'll always check in on that dudes videos, because that's who the casual 11th grader watches. He does better stream numbers than 90% of the other guys who kids turn to for sneaker advice. So when I wanna get a nice little couple thousand kid sample from around the world on a feel for a sneaker, I'll turn him on. YOU don't watch him because you in your late 30s. Kids definitely do, especially the ones who know nothing about shoes.

I don't usually get involved in debates, but I don't think he was saying this guy has any influence. I think the point of people coming to this understanding on their own around release time resulted in some spike in demand by resellers. I think this is a valid take.
Basically.

Not even a debate. I said my piece and I'm chillin. This dude just decided to get out of his character real quick because for some reason that post (which isn't even controversial), triggered him :lol:

How are those?

the green color is the draw for me. color pops for sure, but the denim material feels thin
mesh is above average
nubuck parts are soft
the patta waves are nicer in quality IMO
fit and comfort feels like any am1
but since these are "limited", people fiend for them

Realistically they could have dropped multiple times the volume that they did and still sold out with the same "brand appeal" affect. Hind-site is 20/20, but this seems obviously too low leaving money on the table for Nike.
he was proving the influence by literally referencing a timestamp quote from someone’s video

I'll always check in on that dudes videos, because that's who the casual 11th grader watches. He does better stream numbers than 90% of the other guys who kids turn to for sneaker advice. So when I wanna get a nice little couple thousand kid sample from around the world on a feel for a sneaker, I'll turn him on. YOU don't watch him because you in your late 30s. Kids definitely do, especially the ones who know nothing about shoes.
Yeah, I’m not really following you on one hand you’re saying this guy has no influence, but then you’re basically saying he does have influence if young kids are checking on his videos to see what’s hot and what selling.

Everyone knew the shoe was going to be hard to come by a week before release. There were no videos or early photos, no raffles, the regular boutiques didn’t have them. You seem to have all the answers yet keep trying to breakdown why you couldn’t get a pair. just sell some of your patent leather air forces from 2008 and buy a pair already

Back
Top Bottom