🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD 🎾

If I can get my money back from SX, I'll buy pre-verified from either SX or Flight Club/Goat; not sure which is the least s**t service though. For now SX is holding my money hostage stating it's reasonable for the seller to take 2 weeks to ship.....Only industry that's worse is the airline industry:evil:.

How can I be mad at them when it's Nike creating the issue?

No reason these weren't released in 3x the numbers they did beyond creating fake hype.
How?

They are the opportunistic middlemen between consumers and sellers making profits off someone else’s product/work/service for their benefit.

If you pay resellers, you are paying them $$$ or whatever amount for their benefit that you could have done for…$0!

Some resellers are legit, selling authentic stuff. Some resellers are shady and not selling legit stuff.
Buying direct from the source eliminates this risk.

If Nike limits their products, it is their prerogative, and that is not good for consumers but who takes advantage of that? Resellers. Nike is partly to blame, besides resellers, when they limit the supply of their items that have a larger demand.

The resellers who are buying up the latest releases are annoying and problematic for buyers. If you go in store and wonder why they don’t have a full size run, well, blame the resellers and bulk buyers. Don’t blame the consumer for that.

The resellers who happen to sell vintage, hard to get, hyper strike, tier zero, one/one type of items which are not necessarily available to the public can be valuable to some buyers who are in the market for that.

How?

They are the opportunistic middlemen between consumers and sellers making profits off someone else’s product/work/service for their benefit.

If you pay resellers, you are paying them $$$ or whatever amount for their benefit that you could have done for…$0!

Some resellers are legit, selling authentic stuff. Some resellers are shady and not selling legit stuff.

If Nike limits their products, it is their prerogative, and that is not good for consumers but who takes advantage of that? Resellers. Nike is partly to blame, besides resellers, when they limit the supply of their items that have a larger demand.

The resellers who are buying up the latest releases are annoying and problematic for buyers. If you go in store and wonder why they don’t have a full size run, well, blame the resellers and bulk buyers. Don’t blame the consumer for that.

The resellers who happen to sell vintage, hard to get, hyper strike, tier zero, one/one type of items which are not necessarily available to the public can be valuable to some buyers who are in the market for that.
The only thing nike could really do to eliminate resellers is to increase the msrp on limited products. (Or just flood the market, but assuming they want them to be limited.)

I hate it too, but if a product has a huge demand and a low supply and Nike doesn’t factor that into the msrp then the product is actually underpriced. So, of course opportunistic people are going to buy something that’s underpriced and sell it at market price.

The only thing nike could really do to eliminate resellers is to increase the msrp on limited products. (Or just flood the market, but assuming they want them to be limited.)

I hate it too, but if a product has a huge demand and a low supply and Nike doesn’t factor that into the msrp then the product is actually underpriced. So, of course opportunistic people are going to buy something that’s underpriced and sell it at market price.
I’d rather Nike make more than raise the retail price. We know that they pick and choose whatever they want and whenever they want.

What I find interesting is how stores would like to backdoor any product they have to certain resellers and bulk buyers doing closed door business with them because those guys are probably buying alot of the stuff the regular consumers aren’t buying and then they are reselling that too.

That pays the bills of the store, for example. Then the regular consumer can’t obtain what they wanted because that was given to the resellers and bulk buyers. And the maker isn’t making more product. It just complicates things for regular buyers. Either pay up or pass for the next release for another couple of years, which is a question mark.

And reselling can create a ripple effect. The people who paid resell may end up taking advantage of another limited release and resell that to pay off the costs of what they paid for the previous item they paid resale for. Reprisal or recoupment.

Last edited:
I went to all the boutiques in London past two weeks.

Offspring telling me they had 11 pairs. Footpatrol saying they had a few stragglers, all small size. END. weren't even aware of them dropping. Size said they got a random batch in an on the day delivery.

******* pissed. Size 12 is borderline 3x retail.

I hope they get a Mac Attack style release I.e more accessible after a couple months... otherwise it's gonna be resale for me. Nothing on UK eBay either. ****s dry out here.

Found a pair and just bit the bullet.

Cheaper than StockX & Goat, but not cheap. Just got to hope the sale goes through now.

It's mad... even when you commit to paying the resell, there's still no guarantees over the acquisition.

These come in safely, I'm retired for 2024. This drop's been stressful.

I just know they're gonna get a wider release now lol.

Found a pair and just bit the bullet.

Cheaper than StockX & Goat, but not cheap. Just got to hope the sale goes through now.

It's mad... even when you commit to paying the resell, there's still no guarantees over the acquisition.

These come in safely, I'm retired for 2024. This drop's been stressful.

I just know they're gonna get a wider release now lol.

Yeah, the whole thing is lame. Where'd you cop from? Crossing my fingers for you.

How?

Nike can cut out resellers very easily if they want to.

Look at what the resell is on panda dunks vs what it used to be.

Simple supply and demand. Nike is very in tune with what products are desired. This release going the way it did was on purpose. Resellers are opportunistic, Nike creates the opportunity.

Simple supply and demand. Nike is very in tune with what products are desired. This release going the way it did was on purpose. Resellers are opportunistic, Nike creates the opportunity.
Nike creates the opportunity. You ain't xxxx lying

I blame both 🤷.

I blame both 🤷.

Expecting people not to behave capitalistic in America over a non essential item like a limited sneaker is like putting a steak in front of a hungry dog and expecting it not to eat it.

It's just not realistic.

We've all been around for previous ATC2 retros and usually they're fairly easy to grab. Nike didn't want this pair to be like those.

Nike is the only person to blame.

Expecting people not to behave capitalistic in America over a non essential item like a limited sneaker is like putting a steak in front of a hungry dog and expecting it not to eat it.

It's just not realistic.

We've all been around for previous ATC2 retros and usually they're fairly easy to grab. Nike didn't want this pair to be like those.

Nike is the only person to blame.
disagree, as there were sneakers that were limited 15-20 years ago and they didn’t sell out as quick as today. It does depend on supply to demand. More demand today than the past.

disagree, as there were sneakers that were limited 15-20 years ago and they didn’t sell out as quick as today. It does depend on supply to demand. More demand today than the past.

SX (and the others) changed the landscape a LOT, making it really easy for resellers to be matched with buyers. And SX is even easier than ebay ever was b/c resellers don't even need to take the time to take pics.

For rare hard to find sneakers, it can be valuable, but generally I think it made things WAY worse for buyers. It's a platform for scalpers. Overall the industry would have been way better off if they never existed.

Back
Top Bottom