⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone from NY.

Help me understand the logic behind the BKLYN jerseys.

What is the logic in which letters were chosen/omitted

Also short-handing an 8 letter word using 5 letters is funny..

not Sure about the letters but the style this year is to honor and artist:

Really speaks to how polarizing Harden is for anyone to doubt two top 5 players in their primes making it out of the East

Yea Brooklyn has prob the best 3 players to step on the court against most East teams but it’s the chemistry concerns.

talent and fit works. Will harden play off ball for once? Will Myrie stay healthy (mentally and physically)? Will Steve Nash be able to call his own timeouts?

find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z

Kyrie is the main reason I can’t call the Nets overwhelming favorites. For them to go deep in the playoffs he’s going to need to be around and playing well, but he’s unreliable on multiple levels. Prone to mentally checking out and physical injuries.

Plus, yeah KD looks great now, but how’s he going to look after 72 games, with now having to be the team’s defensive anchor in addition to scoring?

Still a lot of questions about them for me.

Really speaks to how polarizing Harden is for anyone to doubt two top 5 players in their primes making it out of the East
Harden has his playoff blunders which heavily overshadow how well he has also played in the playoffs. Like some people actually believe Dame is better in the playoffs than harden and that’s not even close to being true.

Harden is out the west now playing alongside KD. No golden state, no bron, NO EXCUSES to not make the finals.

Part of it is harden's track record but it's mostly about respecting the process it takes to win a championship and knowing you can't just slap it together. Especially with the glaring flaws their roster has outside of their big 3

@therealest1
It's evident James Harden really wore out his welcome in Houston because his restaurant that's not even open yet is already getting negative reviews. The guy seriously has a lower IQ than a kid in elementary school to not realize it's a doomed business venture based on how he conducted himself to get traded.

James Harden's new Houston restaurant is getting horrendous reviews after Nets trade
James Harden's restaurant isn't even open yet, and Houston fans are trashing the place on Google.
sports.yahoo.com
sports.yahoo.com

This is an interesting take coming from someone who does not understand that latino, is not considered a race.

Part of it is harden's track record but it's mostly about respecting the process it takes to win a championship and knowing you can't just slap it together. Especially with the glaring flaws their roster has outside of their big 3
Like a lot of us want it to work (for pure basketball reasons) but we also know based on the track record of 2 of the 3 (one being useless off ball and the other with health) that it might not work. There’s definite reasons for skepticism but it’s not out of hate

Brooklyn should have a relatively easy time getting out of the East this year, just really the NBA Finals to worry about.
idk, i mean I can see it if everything is gelling and that offense really generational

but I don’t think the east is gonna be a walk in the park, this is their first year together so I think just making the finals is an accomplishment imo

I get that but the Lakers by and large slapped it together last year and won a chip.

I get that but the Lakers by and large slapped it together last year and won a chip.
There was a lot of familiarity with that squad from the years before and with the new pickups. AD had played with rondo and boogie before, caruso Kuz and KCP had played together for like 3 years and 2 with Bron etc. On top of AD and Bron having a friendship already and being a natural fit basketball wise. Harden and Kyrie have never played together for example and it's Kyrie's first year with KD. They're all ball dominant and love to shoot. A lot to iron out

They have to figure out how to function off of each other in the middle of the season while every other contender in the east has been together for years figuring out their weaknesses and tweaking their rosters. They have no interior defense or perimeter defense really. Whoever the third option is probably won't be THAT much better than caris to offset the holes they created with this trade

There was a lot of familiarity with that squad from the years before and with the new pickups. AD had played with rondo and boogie before, caruso Kuz and KCP had played together for like 3 years and 2 with Bron etc. On top of AD and Bron having a friendship already and being a natural fit basketball wise. Harden and Kyrie have never played together for example and it's Kyrie's first year with KD. They're all ball dominant and love to shoot. A lot to iron out

They have to figure out how to function off of each other in the middle of the season while every other contender in the east has been together for years figuring out their weaknesses and tweaking their rosters. They have no interior defense or perimeter defense really. Whoever the third option is probably won't be THAT much better than caris to offset the holes they created with this trade
Ky and Harden played on the 2014 FIBA team.

Harden has his playoff blunders which heavily overshadow how well he has also played in the playoffs. Like some people actually believe Dame is better in the playoffs than harden and that’s not even close to being true.

Harden is out the west now playing alongside KD. No golden state, no bron, NO EXCUSES to not make the finals.
As long as they’re all healthy

think nets cruise to finals

I think KD all that matters. Toss up for finals even if it’s against lakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom