⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
As my pops would say some convos are best kept in house (only with other black eople) this one of em
Took dude reacting to him with bemusement and turned it into something else entirely that's unsurprisingly dominating the sports media shows cycle now.

Got older white sportswriters all of a sudden now giving their takes on everything from the word usage to the dynamics/tension between black American and foreign black players like they've got the range :lol: D

Surprisingly, I didn’t see ESPN touch this subject in their morning shows so I think they have the sense to not go there. Stephen A did comment on the PTO.

Guaranteed if Schroeder used a sexist slur against Kyrie rather then a racist one.... people wouldn't be questioning the integrity of his feelings :lol: . let it had been two jewish Dudes & one of them used an offensive term towards the other it wouldn't be memes of said player with PS kippah's on their head either.
Again if someone had used a derogatory LGTBQ slur towards him & he went & shared his experience online..... people wouldn't be lined up to question his motives or sincerity in feeling a way :lol:

Can you please provide an example of when this has happened with an LGBTQ slur? If I'm not mistaken, Kevin Durant recently called another celebrity a cocksucker and cum guzzling **** and there was no backlash. Also - what offensive term would one Jewish person call another?

Surprisingly, I didn’t see ESPN touch this subject in their morning shows so I think they have the sense to not go there. Stephen A did comment on the PTO.

Can you please provide an example of when this has happened with an LGBTQ slur? If I'm not mistaken, Kevin Durant recently called another celebrity a cocksucker and cum guzzling **** and there was no backlash. Also - what offensive term would one Jewish person call another?

Mr. Meyer's Leonard is an expert on this particular subject.

I don't care about having the argument of who can say what and all that BUT, my issue with Kyrie is he addressed it on the floor face to face with Dennis and that should have been the end of it. Making a post about it on social media with the platform he has, and right after the league fined KD for his offensive language reeks of snitch behavior LOL

Mr. Meyer's Leonard is an expert on this particular subject.
I am aware of the Meyers Leonard situation. However, I am not Jewish nor do I have any close Jewish friends so I have to ask - do members of the Jewish community regularly call each other ****s (the term Leonard used)? Or is there another term they have that they call each other but if a non-Jewish individual called them that, it would be considered offensive?

I'm just saying that I don't think it's his comparison of the Kyrie/Schroder, two black men, to those other communities is the same.

I hate to get technical, but I believe LD called Rappaport a c-u-n-t and not ****. Just want to be fair to the story.:wink:

I am aware of the Meyers Leonard situation. However, I am not Jewish nor do I have any close Jewish friends so I have to ask - do members of the Jewish community regularly call each other ****s (the term Leonard used)? Or is there another term they have that they call each other but if a non-Jewish individual called them that, it would be considered offensive?

I'm just saying that I don't think it's his comparison of the Kyrie/Schroder, two black men, to those other communities is the same.

I’ve never heard one Jewish person call another Jewish person a ****.

But there are occasions when we’ll say “Jew” to each other in a light hearted, derogatory way. Like, “damn, you’re really acting like a cheap Jew right now. Ha ha.” And, in my experience, only Jewish people who aren’t particularly devout (like me) will do that. Doesn’t fly in the Orthodox community at all.

And, yes, it would be perceived differently coming from a non-Jewish person.

B5DFC39E-5F03-48A5-9FB3-4A828B30ACDF.jpeg

The way people are talking about this Kyrie situation is a reminder that society is so full of BS & people change their stance on a case by case basis.

Guaranteed if Schroeder used a sexist slur against Kyrie rather then a racist one.... people wouldn't be questioning the integrity of his feelings :lol: . let it had been two jewish Dudes & one of them used an offensive term towards the other it wouldn't be memes of said player with PS kippah's on their head either.

the **** keeps happening & mf'ers getting too comfortable commenting on **** they shouldn't be commenting on. Anybody else takes issue we have to be understanding, accepting & supportive..... but Kyrie takes issue & suddenly people need detailed explanations on what should & shouldn't be offensive to him.
because white people can't relate to being called the n word is why its not abig deal to them

white people can be called sexist slurs so thats why kd got fined for messaging it to someone on social media

I try not to, but I get sad every time I think about Kobe. :frown:

This play is probably the perfect encapsulation of him as a player and competitor.
brah i don't even click play on these highlights when they come across my feed man

the pain still there everyday

when i found out that the next episode of the last dance is about kobe, i just stopped watching it, don't have it together like that yet to watch an hour long episode on my goat

rip to kobe gianna and the others on board. tragedy man

:frown:

there is nothing that annoys people more than someone being confident in their own beliefs :lol: that doesn't line up with their own.

Again if someone had used a derogatory LGTBQ slur towards him & he went & shared his experience online..... people wouldn't be lined up to question his motives or sincerity in feeling a way :lol:

A black man don't like being called ***** by another black man............. Suddenly he's soft & blowing it out of proportion.

Nobody used a derogatory term towards Kyrie. Let's not overthink this.

You need me to provide an example of this in 2021?

he received no backlash??? He was fined 50k & the man who he said it to did several interviews about it for a week 😂

also I’m not Jewish so I dont know what would be considered offensive amongst themselves

I do know if that player came out & voiced it people for damn sure wouldn’t be telling him to suck it up or not speak on it

You need me to provide an example of this in 2021?

he received no backlash??? He was fined 50k & the man who he said it to did several interviews about it for a week 😂

also I’m not Jewish so I dont know what would be considered offensive amongst themselves

I do know if that player came out & voiced it people for damn sure wouldn’t be telling him to suck it up or not speak on it
Bingo

I don't know Byrie but i have no problem with him not listening to people telling him how to feel.
Respect

Nobody used a derogatory term towards Kyrie. Let's not overthink this.

Says Who??? Just because we say ***** freely doesn't mean everyone is with that. I've seen people ready to come to blows with family because they take that word as pure disrespect.

Kyrie voiced his opinion on it & black people are essentially telling him to shut up & dribble :lol: :lol:

Cats wanted the league to not start last year because it would take away from the message.... Less than a year later Kyrie uses his platform to bring up a black issue & He's a nut who should retire :lol:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom