⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what...I was wrong. There isn't a player 23 years old or younger I'm taking over Lamelo.

I think it’s a matter of preference between LaMelo, Luka and Zion. There is no right or wrong answer IMO.

I have to disagree, LaMelo isn’t on the same level as those 2.

People are sleeping on how good Zion has been. Luka is a mvp candidate already. Come on.

I have to give it to Schmitz for sticking his neck out for Lamelo leading up to the draft.

people still not knowing what analytics are or its impact on basketball this many years later are just lost.
I never bothered going beyond the surface, really didn’t do that. Explain it to me in a few sentences, if possible.

“Constructive criticism” like Brother Kareem calling Shaq a fat *** and telling him he can’t shoot
Doubt he was on TV multiple times a week ****ting on him :lol:

It'd be different if he was offering insightful critiques on how to improve but it usually sounds like he hardly watches most of these new guys when he's on his hating *** old man **** :smh:

Nobody:

Still Novody:

Shaq: These young players are Charmin. I criticize them to make them tougher and they get all emotional about it. They all need to elevate their games.

Doubt he was on TV multiple times a week ****ting on him :lol:

It'd be different if he was offering insightful critiques on how to improve but it usually sounds like he hardly watches most of these new guys when he's on his hating *** old man **** :smh:
There was this hypothetical going around in Sixers land of would you rather add 01 Iverson to the current Sixers or current Embiid to the 01 team.

Yea put current Embiid on the 01 team so he could bust Shaq *** lol

The amount of people here and on social media mad for calling him Lamelo and saying he cant be called Melo. :lol: Like it would be disrespectful for any basketball player to be called Melo.

Melo is his nickname man a shortened version of their full name. it’s not like a magic johnson moniker type of thing.

I never bothered going beyond the surface, really didn’t do that. Explain it to me in a few sentences, if possible.

it's just a wide range collection of data. it's not good or bad. it's not a specific playstyle. when you're defending someone at the 3, do you push them left or right? say they go left, now what do you do? the use of analytics helps dictate some of those decisions. by collecting data, you can get a shot chart, learn player tendencies, learn where players are more or less efficient.

When was Kareem on TV like:

“I need 12 more pts, 8 more rebounds, and 2 more blks from you young fella”

Crazy trade idea that might actually help every team/ Player involved:
  • Toronto gets Andre Drummond + Maxey
  • Philly Gets: Lowry
  • Cleveland gets: Draft compensation from Phill and Toronto + Mike Scott
Every team gets what they want and the money works (I think)
Lowry goes home and Masai does good with his promise to send him to a contender
Toronto gets to experiment with Drummond and see if he's worth to keep while filling a huge hole at C and getting a young stud in Maxey
Cleveland gets more free assets while giving up peanuts to get Drummond in the first place

Thoughts?

I’m glad Melo found Stotts. Won’t bench him for his defense, let’s him operate below the 3pt line as often as he wants.

Bam? that's it? not saying he's trash but in 3 years, wiseman will be at least what Bam is right now. besides Joel, wiseman is having a better rookie year than all those guys he mentioned had.
..... you need to get familiar with Bam :lol: Over 5 assists a night, top 30 in the league, and has absolutely no issues switching. Two glaring holes with Wiseman coming out.
I think it’s a matter of preference between LaMelo, Luka and Zion. There is no right or wrong answer IMO.
I STRONGLY disagree here. Stan Van Gundy & Steven Adams have defended Zion better than any defense this year. He’s about to break a record in a phone booth offense.

And Luka is Luka. A 30 ppg point guard, almost broke the clippers hearts last year.

Melo has been amazing tho, significantly better scorer & rebounder than expected.

I have to disagree, LaMelo isn’t on the same level as those 2.

People are sleeping on how good Zion has been. Luka is a mvp candidate already. Come on.

At this current moment in March of 2021 yes I do believe Luka and Zion are better players than Lamelo. But Looking 5-6 years down the line I don't think that will be the case. Once again this is my opinion and I completely understand why someone would take those 2 over Lamelo.

Damn it just aint the same anymore

im tryna wake up to see some simmons hate but it seems they all went quiet since first few weeks of season. Usually after every game someone had a smart comment

im tryna go in and i just cant cause he been balling lolol

someone start something up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom