❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Garber: “We will evaluate how to grow the league to 28 teams and establish a process and timeline for future expansion.” MLS owners' plan
Garber: “There is no shortage of demand for MLS expansion teams and we believe the opportunity exists to grow beyond our current plans”

Garber: “We will evaluate how to grow the league to 28 teams and establish a process and timeline for future expansion.” MLS owners' plan
Garber: “There is no shortage of demand for MLS expansion teams and we believe the opportunity exists to grow beyond our current plans”
Sac Republic, we up in this!!!! 

lets goooooo

After a meeting of Major League Soccer’s Board of Governors on Saturday, the league announced 28 clubs as a new goal for future expansion.

“There is no shortage of demand for MLS expansion teams,” said MLS Commissioner Don Garber, “and we believe the opportunity exists to grow beyond our current plans.”

The league’s current plan has called for 24 teams by 2020. Atlanta, Los Angeles, and Minnesota will all have started league play by 2018, and news out of Miami this week supports the notion that David Beckham’s group will secure a team sometime soon.

“We are very supportive of Miami Beckham United’s plans to locate their stadium in the City of Miami’s Overtown neighborhood,” Garber added. “Their vision for a world-class venue within the urban core that is accessible by mass transportation is impressive, and we believe it will be an important part of the continued revitalization of the area. We look forward to working with David and his partners to finalize plans to bring Major League Soccer to Miami.”

Alongside the news on expansion, MLS released a number of items decided upon by the Board of Governors in their meeting on Saturday.

The league will take a two-week break during next year’s Copa America Centenario tournament from June 2 to June 14, 2016.

MLS All-Star Players unable to compete in the league’s mid-season showcase will now be prohibited from playing in his next MLS game. If the player is declared medically for the match following the All-Star Game, he will still be eligible for bonuses or option triggers.

A tweak will be made to this year’s successful Decision Day format, with all matches on the last day of the 2016 regular season being played on the same day at the same time.

If a game in 2016 or beyond is abandoned before its conclusion, it will only be postponed rather than cancelled or declared final. MLS’ previous policy stated that any match that made it to the 76th minute of play could stand as final.

Hydration breaks will be expected to occur more frequently in the 2016 season, as the threshold has been lowered from 89.6 Wet Bulb Globe Temperature to just 82 WBGT.

Along with these announcements, the MLS Board of Directors discussed further investment in club rosters, changes to Targeted Allocation Money and the possible use of real-time video replays.

i can't watch MLS till they get rid of the playoff system.  
Its just like the Champions League format except with a league title on the line.

With that said, I am overly anxious for the game tomorrow. The Timbers might bring the first big sports title to Portland in 40 years :pimp:

EPL will finish like this come the end of the season:
!. Liverpool
2. Leicester City
3. Arsenal
4. Man U

And to homie saying Real Madrid's loss to Barca was a fluke is dreaming :rofl:
Best player on a team full of "galacticos" is your goal keeper.
Pathetic manager, nothing else needs to be said.
Ronaldo is beyond his prime and on the decline, it's just the name that commands respect, his skill has diminished.
Benzema, I really better not say anything cus that dude apparently doesn't give any damns and is about that life.
Bale, needs to get back to the EPL, he'd thrive on a team such as Man U or Arsenal. Actually, he needs to be wearing that King Power on the front of his jersey.
Ramos, it's a blessing that Man U was not able to sign him and he just used them for a raise. Washed up has been that's Pique level back in the oompa loompa days.
James, only flashes of brilliance, not a level he can maintain, his World Cup performance was the best thing for that young man.
Kroos, Bayern reject. He hindered that team more than he helped them. Hope he stays with Los Blancos forever.
Modric, he can be a wizard but not a world class player you'd expect to dawn the Madrid jersey that fans clamor as only the best in the world get to wear.

The team that once fielded the best players in the world only fields the most hyped. Hope they land Hazard soon too.

i can't watch MLS till they get rid of the playoff system.  
Its just like the Champions League format except with a league title on the line.

With that said, I am overly anxious for the game tomorrow. The Timbers might bring the first big sports title to Portland in 40 years :pimp:
Tell me about it. This city deserves it though. My buddy said Kamara is 50/50 for tomorrow, so even if he plays he might not be 100%. I'm all the way in on this rumor :lol: Just need Borchers to play like he has been, Adi and Nagbe are gonna need some magic too.

Cant wait for tomorrow.

Yeah I'm turnt and even all those claims were astounding [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128513[/emoji]

Liverpool wins the league??? LMAO

Not like Arsenal will ever actually make anything of a run for the Premiership. It literally is a cycle for Arsenal fans. Y'all are like a woman in an abusive relationship, no matter how bad the other messes up, just having your manager say we almost signed X player and it's a new season and y'all are back at it. Manchester City will just continue to fall, they need to rebuild their core. Chelsea.....I can't beat a dead horse. Man U, maybe a LVG-Barca bias but I think they can really turn it up despite frustrating displays of performance. Spurs are going to spurs and is West Ham really going to do anything?

To really tie this all together, at the beginning of the new year, we will find ourselves watching Leicester, Liverpool and Man U on a cold, possibly rainy night in Stoke.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Last edited:
Not sure if it was posted, but uswnt canceled their match today because of an unsuitable field. Not sure why they scheduled it in the first place since aloha stadium has always had a weird field.

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-comme...ncels-match-hawaii-artificial-turf-conditions

Just read this and of course Alex Morgan and the feminist party are citing unfair treatment compared to the usmnt :smh: god I hate feminist. the men just played an trained at foxboro on a terrible turf surface as well. Does the us not have a natural grass stadiums??? :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom