❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What success has Pep brought Bayern that they didn't have before he was there?

How many CLs has he won with Bayern?

Last edited:
Okay, pop off about Atletico not being a top team - watch karma come right back on you when your team faces them next round, and watch your club bend over and take that 1-0, two game punishment :lol:

Want to argue that PSG, Juve, or Real (even tho they dominate them) are better, cool, that's fine.

But what you must unequivocally admit is - Atletico > Leicester, Spurs, Arsenal, City, and whoever else is fighting for that no4 trophy.

I got no objections.

I wish Arsenal was as good as Atletico

Last edited:
MLS ratings dropped 40% from opening week and opening ratings weren't even good to begin with.

Just when I thought the MLS was on the rise smh

I haven't watched a single minute so far. I agree it's just extremely boring for some reason. Idk what can truly help the league man

MLS needs more advertising, bigger and better names to draw in not only domestic views but international watchers, and most importantly more quality.

As long as MLS is being aired on FS1, it won't hit the big time. We need our **** on NBC like the other big time leagues.

MLS needs to let go of the salary cap so teams can spend on the type of players that will actually make more people want to watch.

You think these international superstars wouldn't want to come to the United States to play?

Well they ain't coming for free. Not on those scrub wages MLS players are getting paid.

MLS needs to sort out ways to start paying these players NBA/NFL contracts

Only way they can start paying players NBA money is by making major deals with cable companies/league endorsements. I agree with getting rid of the salary cap. It needs to go

*Sigh*

The people who don't watch MLS now sure as hell weren't watching 5 years ago. If some only knew the tangible progress that's been made.

It truly is an incremental process. There's no rapid fix. It's too bad MLS doesn't get the credit it deserves for what it's accomplished in just 20 years.

Last edited:
I think it could happen, if there was a genuine interest in "spending" to make teams better in the MLS.

Somewhere in my head, I just don't think whoever is pulling the strings wants to out that much money and effort in going that length to pay these guys to play.

They keep expanding, but aren't putting money into the teams that are already around. Like you said, it will take some major tv deals and endorsements to get that kind of money.

I just wish they would. Every major city has a club. From LA to DC to NY to soon Miami. Houston, Dallas, Portland, Chicago, etc. the markets are there, and adidas is already supplying the kits. Soccer is one of the largest youth sports even in our country. So I don't see how it wouldn't be beneficial not only for the league but for owners pockets to push the sport in our country, and push the brand internationally.

But I'm not a business man, so I don't shave all the answers.

I just enjoy watching the sport so much, that I wish I could watch my team with the same pride and feeling I do when I see HEGGSY at his games.

Our league needs a push.

We are in the 0 to 100 real quick generation

It's either happened instantaneously or it hasn't happened at all

Last edited:
*Sigh*

The people who don't watch MLS now sure as hell weren't watching 5 years ago. If some only knew the tangible progress that's been made.

It truly is an incremental process. There's no rapid fix. It's too bad MLS doesn't get the credit it deserves for what it's accomplished in just 20 years.

You're right.

But if money can turn PSG into what its become, imagine what it could do for the NY red bulls, or the LA Galaxy.

The league is definitely young, and I love watching my DC United. I just want more for the league.

And, I'm an impatient person. So I want to see it during my lifetime.

Last edited:
I would ******* love for the MLS to even be as big as the NHL currently. It's not far off at all. I may not watch many games but I'm always looking at the week in review articles to see how certain teams/players do. Until the league improves the play on the field tho, I just can't watch it. It's tough.

Right now the league is only popular/nice ratings the following year after a WC and then it drops immediately.

Also the league needs to improve the field themselves, can't be having professionals play on astroturf

It goes beyond more money imo, The US is just not a football nation. MLS will get bigger and better once the culture of soccer in the US changes, its going to take decades for the USNT to become a regular threat amongst all the european powerhouses who breed football players everyday. We just dont hold football as highly to our other national sports, kinda with arrogance, through media, sports culture, its a sport that dosnt get much love on its on for just being a fun sport in America. We dont breed young kids like the rest of the world does, we dont have academies like the big clubs outside of the US do. Kids will play soccer when they are young here but once they get into basketball, American football, baseball, soccer is left behind as its the dream to become a professional athlete in basketball/american football/baseball because they are sports embedded strongly in our culture that are pushed at a young age, heavy scouting, heavy promoting of the national sports ACROSS EVERY SOCIAL MEDIUM, the bright lights and allure of being famous, the possible enormous pay days and maybe even getting the chance to become a huge public/social media figure outside of the sport you play in. Aint no kids in america drooling over giovinco let alone recognizing him but if *insert famous american sports player* walks by they go ape ****. Soccer is just not our national sport, it feels like the rest of the world for the most part, soccer is the number sport. We are what feels like a century behind in truly embracing soccer fully into our culture and holding it as high as the other national sports.

Last edited:
tbh, alot of what you mentioned in America lacking (academies, little incentives to continue playing as the get older, etc) I strongly believe it is changing little by little

in the last year, I've heard and read more about academies popping up and developing than I ever have

MLS clubs have all been pumping more and more money into their academies and that is only going to help

I agree, it is changing little by little, and i do believe that we've made a step into making soccer a popular sport in america by promoting all these USNT matches and MLS games but i feel the progress right now is incremental and will be slower than what the avid soccer fan in america wants to see. The quality on the pitch for MLS matches just tells everything, all these american pros look robotic, no rythm, no natural creativity/finesse like the rest of the world has that came from having a ball at their feet since youth playing everyday. It seems we dont start until college in shaping our youth foundation for the pros but either way there is only one way to get where US wants to be and at least they are investing more into the youth and in the league more than it was before.

MLS will never be good as the European leagues in my lifetime.
Still a fun league to watch though imo. Then again I'm a Galaxy season ticket holder, so I'm biased :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom