⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain how Real spends 300m and still sucks? This team is like a living case study on complacency. It’s like nobody that’s left here from that threepeat is expected to be the same. Even dudes who really aren’t old like Carvajal, Casemiro, Varane, Isco, and Kroos. A lot of these dudes need to look in the mirror and ask themselves if they wanna be passengers for the rest of their career thinking it’s ok because they’re in the glamorous white, or if they want to mark the end of their prime years by challenging themselves elsewhere. At the same time it’s also up to Flo and co to identify who needs to leave. And I don’t think the answer is James.

I definitely think it’s time for Varane and Kroos to leave. I personally would love to see Varane’s style of play in the prem.

Dybala to PSG? Seems pointless but whatever

Can someone explain how Real spends 300m and still sucks? This team is like a living case study on complacency. It’s like nobody that’s left here from that threepeat is expected to be the same. Even dudes who really aren’t old like Carvajal, Casemiro, Varane, Isco, and Kroos. A lot of these dudes need to look in the mirror and ask themselves if they wanna be passengers for the rest of their career thinking it’s ok because they’re in the glamorous white, or if they want to mark the end of their prime years by challenging themselves elsewhere. At the same time it’s also up to Flo and co to identify who needs to leave. And I don’t think the answer is James.
Florentino actually addressed almost every weak spot except the midfield, which is arguably the most important part of modern football currently
Selling Llorente to Atletico was stupid from the get go when they only have Casemiro as the competent DM
Valverde is supposedly the backup to Casemiro, but he's nowhere ready to do those DM duties
Also if you notice with RM is that when the midfield loses possession, no one really tracks back, which leaves the defense high and dry for counters. Kroos and Isco have been god awful at that especially.
Flo should have just focused more on keeping guys like Ceballos and Llorente and perhaps selling Kroos or Modric for Eriksen or Pogba
But it's probably already too late for that

Dybala to P$G could work if Neymar does actually bounce which looks more likely now than it did earlier this summer but I don't know how much that would change things regarding CL footy. Still think they're primed to be bounced by the quarters max even after their MF signings

Seems like an odd move. I think he'd still do well in a top 5 league.

I agree. To be fair, Miami have been gunning for a big DP signing (preferably south American) for the longest. They have made strides everywhere else team related IMO

Sturridge & Suarez's performance that season is one of my favorite football things ever

Last year's Lille team looked fun as hell to watch based off youtube, too bad its broken up heading into the CL this year

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom