Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t wait for him to drop this gem in a post match interview

Attachments

• 3A4EB057-BB0F-4B34-8D0D-6906460A175C.jpeg
    3A4EB057-BB0F-4B34-8D0D-6906460A175C.jpeg
    683.8 KB · Views: 152
I hope Spurs release some sort of signed Poch memorabilia items. Would love to have something to remember him by.

In order to commemorate my decision to formally become a Spurs fan at the start of the 2016/17 season, that summer I bought a framed kit with the signatures of all our players at that time. Due to the timing, that included both Davinson Sanchez and Kyle Walker.

As most of you probably know, I only became interested in football a good 5-6 years ago. In the years before that, I enjoyed the occasional casual footy with some friends or going to the KAA Gent stadium with one of my close friends but that was the full extent of my interest in football.
Playing Fifa was actually what got me into watching matches. It became a nice distraction from my chronic disease, which was quickly deteriorating at that time.

When I was looking for a club to support, Spurs really just came naturally to me. I decided to watch as many PL teams as possible for a season and eventually narrowed down my list to Liverpool and Spurs. I looked at the history of both clubs and found both to be appealing but Spurs was clearly the underdog, which I preferred.

I then set out to prioritize watching Spurs and Liverpool matches to make my decision. However, it didn't take long for me to notice that my heart was already racing when Spurs narrowly secured a victory, and feelings of joy when they scored or won.

It then dawned on me that this wasn't a sudden development. Those feelings had been building up even before I narrowed down my options.

I was already a Spurs fan before narrowing my options, I just hadn't realized it yet.

Last edited:
How big of a failure is Poch's time at Spurs considered?

most don't find his tenure a failure at all. of course, you will always have those fans who say something like "he never won a trophy so he was rubbish" but I find most fans thank him for taking spurs to the ucl final and always competing the tottenham way, with nice attacking football. he made them relevant in world football and from all accounts a really decent human being and manager

Failure? He broke new ground during his time their and helped them become a legitimate top 4 side in the league for the first time in their history. Would be beyond harsh to me considering his time there anywhere close to a failure when there were no lofty expectations of any kind when he joined.

It's a testament to how much he built them up that not winning trophies is considered a failure there now when they were satisfied with competing hard before :lol:

IMHO he overachieved with that side for years given his resources or lackthereof. Most of thethe success they had under him was due to his coaching and player development not ownership or recruitment which is impressive as hell

I hope Spurs release some sort of signed Poch memorabilia items. Would love to have something to remember him by.

In order to commemorate my decision to formally become a Spurs fan at the start of the 2016/17 season, that summer I bought a framed kit with the signatures of all our players at that time. Due to the timing, that included both Davinson Sanchez and Kyle Walker.

As most of you probably know, I only became interested in football a good 5-6 years ago. In the years before that, I enjoyed the occasional casual footy with some friends or going to the KAA Gent stadium with one of my close friends but that was the full extent of my interest in football.
Playing Fifa was actually what got me into watching matches. It became a nice distraction from my chronic disease, which was quickly deteriorating at that time.

When I was looking for a club to support, Spurs really just came naturally to me. I decided to watch as many PL teams as possible for a season and eventually narrowed down my list to Liverpool and Spurs. I looked at the history of both clubs and found both to be appealing but Spurs was clearly the underdog, which I preferred.

I then set out to prioritize watching Spurs and Liverpool matches to make my decision. However, it didn't take long for me to notice that my heart was already racing when Spurs narrowly secured a victory, and feelings of joy when they scored or won.

It then dawned on me that this wasn't a sudden development. Those feelings had been building up even before I narrowed down my options.

I was already a Spurs fan before narrowing my options, I just hadn't realized it yet.

almost shed a tear lol

Yea they did him dirty man :smh:, they might be a big club now but Levy's sill a small time owner

Wow. That's wildly disrespectful considering all Poch has done for this club.

I don't consider it a failure whatsoever. If anything I think he should get a statue.
Our league form since last February has been relegation-tier levels of awful but I think it's just a minor stain in the broader review of Poch's tenure.

Consider where Spurs were before Poch became our manager. Slowly improving our game, we went on to become regulars in the top 4.
This helped the club increase its finances, attract better players, pay those players better, ..
Now we have a fancy new stadium to show for those efforts.

He took us from a small club to a club that is mentioned in the same conversations as the longstanding big clubs despiteour lack of trophies during this upwards climb. He took us to a CL final when even getting to the CL in the first place had become a rarity when Poch joined.
The rise has been incredible to watch, and the absence of trophies during that time doesn't really mean anything to me. Sure a trophy would've been great but the most important is seeing the club grow, watching our players grow and exciting football.

I can't overstate how important Poch has been for the club. The failure in our performances since February, which jeopardized our top 4 finish that season and worsened this season outside of just the league, shouldn't take away from that.

Edit: Here's a hypothetical: If Liverpool under Klopp didn't win the CL or never got to a CL final in the first place, would that really take away anything from the incredible work Klopp has done for Liverpool?

Lol funny how when Mourinho is managing united he's washed, outdated, etc. Yet same ppl in here saying he's gonna do great at spurs.

I'm honestly torn. I hope he succeeds at spurs. And I think that success has little bearing on United. Anyone who saw his last 6 months with us and argued he should have continued is either blind or just really hates United. He was fired, justifiably. I do think he will be successful at Spurs because they have a talented team. I also think they have players with minimal egos, which will allow a manager like Mourinho to mold them in his image. United suffered under Mourinho because we paired him with HUGE names/egos. Wouldn't be surprised to see them make a run at the UCL.

I don't hate Mourinho the man. I hated his system and the way he plays football. I hope his time off has made him reflect on some areas, but I'm all for seeing him on the touchline again

There are a lot of negatives about Jose but he does deliver. No question about that. A trophy everywhere he went, even with that United squad.

For some reason I didn’t even consider the Bayern possibility

The scenes if Poch is Bayern’s manager by the time we face them again in the CL :lol:
That’d be a very interesting rematch after the 7-2.

Poch doesn’t speak German tho, aren’t they super adamant about having a German coach. If not it would be a good destination.

Think Poch will take some time and weigh his options, he needs a break.

World Cup window coming up sooner than later. If I was Poch, I'd take a little break and then go for the Argentina NT gig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom