⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No not really. They teach them English and sometimes French. My generation and younger, they all know English in Portugal, it’s insane.

We Portuguese speakers just understand and speak decent Spanish because we’re the **** :pimp: - Like I’ve always said we understand Spanish but y’all can’t understand us. It’s covert :lol:

Movies/Entertainment are in subtitles in Portugal, no corny voiceovers that sound inorganic so that helps. In Spain and France they don’t do the subtitles.

i was in Lisbon last week and everyone pretty much knew English. i've got conversational level Spanish ability, but i couldn't put together anything in Portuguese :lol:

If Courtois wasn't well why did he start, not buying it, just play Areola until he ****s up

Nacho out 2+ months with a knee injury

Last edited:
Like I’ve always said we understand Spanish but y’all can’t understand us. It’s covert :lol:

This is actually true in my experience.

Idk if it’s bc you’re the “****” though. Could simply be due to the fact that there are so many more Spanish speakers on the planet that you’ve had to adapt

This is actually true in my experience.

Idk if it’s bc you’re the “****” though. Could simply be due to the fact that there are so many more Spanish speakers on the planet that you’ve had to adapt

look my grandpa came from a village with a couple hundred people, never had a TV, very comparable to the old school Gauchos in your country. He lived 7km from Spain and he never even went to Spain until he was like 50. When he moved here to the States for retirement, all he would watch was Univision. I grew up watching Sabado Gigante with him.

There are a lot of studies on why Portuguese speakers can understand Spanish speakers but a Spanish speakers can’t understand Portuguese. A lot of it has to do with vowels...many people say European Portuguese sounds Russian/Slavic. Even tho Portuguese is more Latin than Spanish.

If y’all are interested check these out....

Last edited:
Missed some damn crazy games today.. in for boca game.. and wow, that rape from Bayern.

Coupe I thought Ronnie dummied that at first too but he missed the ball after the defender got a touch on it

I’m really mad Arsenal gave up on Gnabry for Ox

Then Ox ended up going to pool anyway.
Always liked Gnabry and always thought Ox was buns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom