⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today’s results speak for themselves.

The turmoil and panicking is beautiful to witness.

Let’s rejoice into the New Year!

D5309CB4-D77B-4B2A-8181-E5E579F1CDBB.gif

mens warehouse byke
i don't hate united...
yall have a handful of players i actually like but i hate mou and this is so satisfying to watch him struggle

i think the worst thing about mou is that he doesn't make any players better
i can't think of a player on united that has improved under him

United :lol:

I remember mans comparing Mkhi to Ozil. Saying he'll be better, he won't go ghost like Ozil, blah blah blah

Only thing that would get Mourinho fired is not qualifying for CL. It's not y'all have anyone better lined up.

Y'all should just sign Aubamayeng.

Imo the best move would be to make a push for Sanchez, who could still play in the CL. Won't happen though. I think the Auba ship has sailed too this past summer. And can't see him working out great with CR7.

Ibra out a month?! Should not have taken that machismo approach that he did towards his ACL recovery (plus he states it was "more serious" than just that) Dude is 36 y/o playing in one of the top if not the top league in the world and thinks he can just waltz back in. Yes, he is an amazing athlete, but still. I'm having a hard enough time at 29 recovering from my second.

Imo the best move would be to make a push for Sanchez, who could still play in the CL. Won't happen though. I think the Auba ship has sailed too this past summer. And can't see him working out great with CR7.
i honestly don't think this would be a good look for y'all
just further hindering asensios development

nope. not getting my hopes up...not one bit.
someone probably hacked the website

It said the same thing in my language but it appears to be gone now. From what I'm reading people from various countries throughout the world could see a version of that page in their language.

i honestly don't think this would be a good look for y'all
just further hindering asensios development

If Zizou would actually start Asensio and drop Benz then I'd agree. We'll see if he changes for the second half of the season.

I also think the only thing that could save this campaign is a CL trophy and Sanchez would help for that in the short term.

what was chelsea's lead?
I don't remember the table points at that time, but I do remember the discussion on NBCSN about how every season Chelsea has lead the table by Christmas, they've gone on to win the title. And surely enough, they led by Christmas and won the title.

Lets keep it a buck tho, Chelsea did last year also.

City is just doing it in dramatic fashion. And it looks damn good.

I disagree. After gameweek 15, on December 11th

Premier League Standings
Pos Team P W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Chelsea 15 12 1 2 33 11 +22 37
2 Arsenal 15 10 4 1 36 15 +21 34
3 Liverpool 15 9 4 2 37 20 +17 31
4 Manchester City 15 9 3 3 32 19 +13 30
5 Tottenham 15 7 6 2 24 11 +13 27
6 Manchester United 15 6 6 3 20 16 +4 24

I disagree. After gameweek 15, on December 11th

Premier League Standings
Pos Team P W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Chelsea 15 12 1 2 33 11 +22 37
2 Arsenal 15 10 4 1 36 15 +21 34
3 Liverpool 15 9 4 2 37 20 +17 31
4 Manchester City 15 9 3 3 32 19 +13 30
5 Tottenham 15 7 6 2 24 11 +13 27
6 Manchester United 15 6 6 3 20 16 +4 24

By Christmas they had a 6 point lead (I know, its only 2 games, but this is the "mighty premier league" we're talking about), and needless to say, we know how the season ended.

Screen Shot 2017-12-31 at 1.32.38 AM.png

I'm just going based on stats and history. Historically, Chelsea leading the league by Christmas ended in the blues lifting the trophy. In retrospect, the season was won in December.

But like I said, they weren't demolishing teams week in and week out in the same dramatic fashion that City is. The bar has risen this season. But a year ago, Chelsea was 2 points off matching the most points in an EPL season that they themselves set. I just think its all relative to the standard set at the time, and City have completely changed the standard so far.

But Chelsea still won that title in December imo.

I don't see much of an equivalence between what Chelsea did the first half of last season and what Manchester City are currently doing.

Chelsea started off meh. Got washed by Liverpool and Arsenal early - didn't even have a clear identity. Then they changed their system and went something like 12 or 13 unbeaten.

Manchester City have been annihilating the entire league from day one, dictated every single match along the lines of their own vision.

Chelsea did not do that. The difference in gap between first and second tells the entire story imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom