⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatta pass :wow:

Don’t know why but it’s funny to me that this is an assist by a Real Madrid player to a Juventus player. You’d just think a link up of this quality, by 2 players for those clubs would be by top class guys instead of fringe ones.

On the topic of Ramos. Honestly, I thought our defense with Nacho and Militao looked just fine. I’m ok with not paying him, especially with Alaba coming in. I’m also ok with Varane leaving if it comes down to it. I just hope we get a decent fee.

Ramos is an undoubted legend and tenacious captain. Very few are built like him. Woulda been nice if he stayed but it seems like the right time for him to depart, on a personal level for himself and to make way for others.

Another thought on Ramos is that he’s older and coming off an injury where he missed a substantial part of the end of the season. So I agree with not offering him a multi-year deal.

I understand that he wants a multi for security, and I’m sure he understands given the circumstances Real not being able to offer him it. I’ve got no hard feelings for Sergio to get his guaranteed paper, and hope the parting is as understanding and amicable as could be, and to see him back at the club coaching or in the front office in the future.

Doesn’t Mancini have reigns until 2026 or something? Can’t remember where I saw but hes keeping the Italian style but the federation trusts him with the changing of the guards. Bonucci being the oldest in a last hurrah

On the topic of Ramos. Honestly, I thought our defense with Nacho and Militao looked just fine. I’m ok with not paying him, especially with Alaba coming in. I’m also ok with Varane leaving if it comes down to it. I just hope we get a decent fee.

Ramos is an undoubted legend and tenacious captain. Very few are built like him. Woulda been nice if he stayed but it seems like the right time for him to depart, on a personal level for himself and to make way for others.

completely agree. Sucks to see him go, but the club is above everyone else.
Father time is undefeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom